Survivor of Romulus
# 11
09-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid74656 View Post
N
1. Hit all my offensive/debuff skills.
2. Trigger A2B and watch aux drop.
3. Trigger skills that have no cooldown, excluding science.
4. Trigger the second A2B while aux is still low and not recovering.
5. Watch aux recover and wait a second or 2 to reach its set max (I tend to have my aux set to 40ish).
6. Trigger sci skills and by this time the first A2B should be nearly available.

The trick above is in step 4, getting the cooldown reduction without paying the aux for it.

Good post, and nice rundown. I had moderate success with it but I gave up because it doesn't really fit my play style.
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Edit
I'm a noob and can't read thanks for your assistance in this matter
We where all noobs once. I hoping your being sarcastic about being able to read. If so, there is an excellent A2B thread in the PvP forums. If not please attempt to learn as it is askill that will open many doors of opportunity for you.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 13
09-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I'm running aux to bat on my assault cruiser with 1 purple technician and 2 blue technicians

Normaly when I run it on my tvaro all my tac powers are recharged by the second use of Aux to bat

Now on my assault cruiser I run TT1, HY1, APB1, BFAW3

Now when I cycle aux to bat my tt1, hy1 and apb1 are all off cool down however the BFAW3 still has 5 seconds remaining

Any idea why this is happening does BFAW have a higher global countdown or something
One of the issues is bfaw isn't affected correctly by tactical initiative. Bfaw just like torpedo spread both have a 30 sec cd normally, but used in conjunction with tactical initiative the first round will tend to be affected correctly reducing both to 15 secs, but by second round you will find bfaw to lag 5 secs slower behind torpedo spread.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Ensign
# 14
01-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Technicians reduce the cooldowns of bridge officer abilities by 26% in his configuration (10% per purple, 8% per blue) but that's by the amount of time they have left, not how much they started with. That's why aux2bat is pretty tricky to use efficiently, because if you hit it before an ability you've essentially wasted it.

Two copies of aux2bat don't sync your timers up perfectly, so you shouldn't be spamming it whenever it's off cooldown. Only use it after your other abilities, and pay attention to it.
If i'm not mistaken, it does reduce from total cooldown time, because no matter where in the cooldown I hit a2b, FAW always gets reduced by 5 sec in my case (I have 3 green quality = 18% of 30 sec = 5.4 sec reduction) and for example DEM at 20 sec left will get reduced to 4 sec (18% of 90sec).

[edit]
Maybe something changed during the time between your posts and mine. I started playing sto couple of months ago, for me it's always been like this tho.

Last edited by larphoid; 01-10-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Captain
# 15
01-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm gonna call it a necro but I'll still answer your question.

Aux2bat only hits the current cooldown. Not the full duration

100 seconds 10% reduction =10 seconds off
If that cool down reaches 10 seconds without hitting global and you hit aux2bat for another 10%, it will be 1 second not 10.

Edit: I'm editing for the same reason you did...sort of. you can never be sure what gets stealth changed in this game, I'll test it tonight just to be sure
EptE3+evasive maneuvers+130/100 engine power+Attack patternmega+deuterium surplus+ aux2inertial dampeners+ the biggest ship you can find = damn right

Last edited by dahminus; 01-10-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Closed Thread