Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
I don't know if this is the appropriate forum topic to post this, so if it isn't, then administrator, feel free to move it to the appropriate area.
Anyway, I tried to delete arc from my computer, because quite frankly, I love Star Trek, but I just don't have the time to play! So, I tried deleting arc from my computer, but when I did, it removed other files, not related to arc!?! So, I did a computer restore, which worked and restored other files previously deleted, that were not related to arc. So then, I tried to delete arc again, but this time, before doing so, I took screen pictures of my files, that were previously deleted, but unrelated to arc. Then, I deleted arc again, but the same problem arouse! It started deleting unrelated files from my computer! So this time, I took screen images of arc, deleting the unrelated files! I also discovered, that if arc doesn't remove it's files, as well as the unrelated files of arc, it stays on my computer, stating that there are still files on my computer, that need deleted, before arc is fully removed! I tell you what, this is the craziest program that I have ever come across in my 15 yrs. of dealing with computers! It wants to remove programs like, VLC, EAS ToDo Backup, Ad Blocker and so on! Any suggestions would be really appreciated and well received! Thank you.
Ensign
# 172 Server keeps kicking me out
09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
So, is there a known issue for the server kicking people out of the game? Two of my friends and I have been getting bumped out all day, and we live in three separate states, so it's not just my internet connection.

I've nearly completed the SAME mission six times, the last time I was finally in the last room of the away mission and "boop!" Awww sorry, server disconnect, better luck next time loser.

What gives? I leave game for nearly a year (because my computer died) and when I am finally able to get back on, I can't stay on...

I think I'll just go pout in the corner until it's fixed...
Career Officer
# 173
09-09-2013, 12:45 AM
I am pleased to see that gateway is in development. I had been asking for a while and I am lloking forward to its full release. At the moment one of the main issues I have is that it doesn't update the in game content yet. (ie. When making contributions to the base.) if we can get the web based access to in game email restored that would be great too. Duty officer assignment management, skill point specing and reputation point management would be nice features for the gateway as well.
Ensign
# 174 Romulan jacket clipping
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I noticed a new clipping problem with Females wearing the romulan republic 1 jackets, the pattern on the jacket overlaps onto the undershirt. I also noticed some clipping in the armpits, where the undershirt shows through the jacket. I typically set my video to maximum quality, also reverified my files to be sure it wasn't just a problem on my end. here are some screenshots with he clipping circled in red:
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...perror1sto.jpg
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...perror2sto.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 175
09-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Still can't log in to Gateway using Chrome browser. Initiates a 'new computer has accessed your account" email with a number to input, but nothing shows up in the browser other than the blank background screen.

I did try it through IE, and was able to log in. In that case, cannot contribute to starbase projects, leaderboard sorting by contribution amount is sorted in a weird way - like sorting in Excel. So, you might see the list sorted like this:

various other things that have been mentioned in this post already.

I used to be able to get into Gateway on Chrome browser, sometime in July it was patched and the ability went away. Read prior posts from July on, I am not the only one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 176
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
Still can't log in to Gateway using Chrome browser. Initiates a 'new computer has accessed your account" email with a number to input, but nothing shows up in the browser other than the blank background screen.

I did try it through IE, and was able to log in. In that case, cannot contribute to starbase projects, leaderboard sorting by contribution amount is sorted in a weird way - like sorting in Excel. So, you might see the list sorted like this:

various other things that have been mentioned in this post already.

I used to be able to get into Gateway on Chrome browser, sometime in July it was patched and the ability went away. Read prior posts from July on, I am not the only one.
Here is some info from the team that works on the Gateway:

Quote:
We would suggest to use an Incognito window and try it. This will get rid of any plugins or extensions which might be causing problems. (You WILL get another Account Guard request every time you're in incognito; just don't save it.) If it still doesn't work, then it rules out extensions. If it does work, then there's an extension causing a problem.

Also: Java is not used by Gateway, so anything involving that doesn't matter.
EDIT: Also, the team is investigating your reports -- the incognito test allows for some debugging.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-19-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 177
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Here is some info from the team that works on the Gateway:

EDIT: Also, the team is investigating your reports -- the incognito test allows for some debugging.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
OK - so I tested through an incognito window.

Through the incognito window, I logged in and got to the verification window, which I was not able to do in a regular window. Looked very promising. So - got the verification code from the email, entered it in the box, left the default "My Browser" name in the browser name, and unchecked the 'save' box.

Clicked to load and got an immediate pop-up that says "Disconnected from Gateway. Invalid Machine Name". Clicking "OK" on the popup puts me back to the login screen.

More info for the tech team - The only extension listed is McAfee SiteAdvisor, which was not enabled for incognito windows. For giggles, I decided to enable it for incognito windows, ran through the login process again, and got the same results - disconnected from gateway, invalid machine name.

McAfee SiteAdvisor is also enabled in IE, which does not have an issue with log in. So I'm hesitant to think it's an extension.

I got further along in incognito, but still can't load the gateway. I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of people with the 'invalid machine name' message who have posted previously.
Starfleet Veteran
# 178
09-19-2013, 01:10 PM
There is also some very good feedback in the original Gateway thread - Bran, you might want to close that thread so people realize they're supposed to be posting here.

If they're subscribed, they may have not seen your updated message to reply here instead. It took me a while to notice it. (because generally I just go to the first unread message in the subscribed thread)
Ensign
# 179 Fleet Priveleges
09-22-2013, 09:47 PM
I am currently able to assign projects in the mobile gateway, although my fleet rank should not allow me access. I use chrome on my android phone.
Career Officer
# 180
09-23-2013, 08:58 AM
On the gateway, contributions to fleet projects have been unsuccessful.
Tested on:
PC Google Chrome
IPod touch 5th Gen safari
Nexus 7 (2012) android tablet Google Chrome
Droid 4 android stock "browser" (not chrome)

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite