Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
# 51
09-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovakiin View Post
Problem is, there are some people out there who, no matter how nice you are about it, just refuse to take advice and insist that their build is the only way to go.
And those I'd just have to ignore. Don't stop helping those who are willing to learn, just because of the insecure ones who have anger management issues.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,215
# 52
09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
It's 10%. 2-5% is too close to 0 and can be just 1 hit from a pet or FAW to blow it. Plus if you use beams it becomes really hard to get them to stop firing when you want them to because they fire in cycles.

That 10% strategy works in pugs and isnt really all that hard to do when everyone knows it. Last 4 pugs i did it worked. Best strategy is having someone with repulsors waiting by the gate just incase someone pops a generator early because of firing a long ass line of torp high yield and one or 2 of the others on the team cant DPS themselves out of a wet paper bag.
I will say one last thing on this particular point in this thread and then forever hold my peace (again, in this thread).

The caveaut is WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS IT. Those are even your words. The sad truth is, nine times out of ten, only a few of the players know that strategy, which limits how many can actually execute it.

If I am on a team that makes it a point to talk strategy, I go along with that plan of action. Unfortunatly, most matches start with a player flying straight at the cube at full speed and all weapons blazing. At that point, it is quite clear that there is no strategy or coordination. This assesment is further reinforced when I fire over the chat "EVERYONE TO ONE SIDE! ONE SIDE AT A TIME!". I then try to implement the gate guard strategy by covering the gate and asking for assistance when I can't kill the arriving ships fast enough. As long as the nanite ships are dying faster than they can get to the generators, I trust that the other team members will eventually take care of the generators.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 53
09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimrak1 View Post
I thought impersonating a mod or gm was against the rules
Im not mad or moderater or anything of the kind I just warned the player about posts like that si all, I personally don't tolerate at all if the player continued to post bad things and such then I would report him to the proper people.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,308
# 54
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Khit Elite Space.

Be on one side by yourself, guarding probes and working on generators/cubes for the team. Standard role...

Watch time tick down. (also watch a couple of them die over and over because they dont know to stay away from the gateway while they work)

Get to about 1 minute left on the clock, youre still on that side all by yourself, four probes a launch now.

The other four guys finally blow their gate.

>_> Fail optional. How in the hell does one ship do as much as four others in these things. I had my gate to like... 65/70, all on my own before the spheres popped out and they decided to finally join me (note i ended up having to kill the spheres for them too after the gate went down). Had they not popped them out, I have a really strong suspicion id have had my gate down before the last second ticked off the clock, too.

Edit to add: then watch them play gas cloud spam games with donatra while you whittle her down 5 percent a recloak. -.-
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 09-07-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 148
# 55
09-09-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Khit Elite Space.

Be on one side by yourself, guarding probes and working on generators/cubes for the team. Standard role...

Watch time tick down. (also watch a couple of them die over and over because they dont know to stay away from the gateway while they work)

Get to about 1 minute left on the clock, youre still on that side all by yourself, four probes a launch now.

The other four guys finally blow their gate.

>_> Fail optional. How in the hell does one ship do as much as four others in these things. I had my gate to like... 65/70, all on my own before the spheres popped out and they decided to finally join me (note i ended up having to kill the spheres for them too after the gate went down). Had they not popped them out, I have a really strong suspicion id have had my gate down before the last second ticked off the clock, too.

Edit to add: then watch them play gas cloud spam games with donatra while you whittle her down 5 percent a recloak. -.-
My biggest gripe with these types of ESTF's cause its happend alot over the past few days is not only the points you raised but also the fact that you type up saying - stay greater than 5k out cause it stops her cloaking as much and they still insist on sitting right on top of her. Playing hide and seek for half an hour just gets repetitive.

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 835
# 56
09-09-2013, 05:23 AM
To me bad players are:


-People who loose their temper easily

-Who believe everyone should know what they know and be at their level

-Who don't give a damn about other people in the team



And frankly, I am happy to say I don't come across these types frequently.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 157
# 57
09-09-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon2130 View Post
My biggest gripe with these types of ESTF's cause its happend alot over the past few days is not only the points you raised but also the fact that you type up saying - stay greater than 5k out cause it stops her cloaking as much and they still insist on sitting right on top of her. Playing hide and seek for half an hour just gets repetitive.

Uhm, thats because of some older patchnotes, which "fixed" Donatras Cloaking behavior,
since then, there is allways some dimwitt who will tell you that "distance does not matter because its patched!"
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7
# 58
09-11-2013, 05:03 AM
I don't evebn get mad but it is funy to me, I find it huourous they cant face the facts of the whole thing to me lol

NCERT Maths Solutions
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 59
09-11-2013, 06:52 AM
For me what is funny is when they die they do rinse and repeat threw the match thinking that works when all they are doing is hurting most time I ask theme leave that simple
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,333
# 60
09-11-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oschw View Post
Uhm, thats because of some older patchnotes, which "fixed" Donatras Cloaking behavior,
since then, there is allways some dimwitt who will tell you that "distance does not matter because its patched!"
The cloaking still seems very random, I have seen times where the team stays on top of her and she never, or rarely cloaks and times where she does it frequently. Heck I've seen times where she was cloaking like crazy even when people stay outside of 5k. I am not sold on that issue being fixed or not.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44 AM.