Captain
# 11
09-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Step 1 have many toons at 50, at 1 a week. It isn't too bad

Step 2 do ec farming foundry missions at avg 600k a pop

Step 3 convert dil to zen, pool it and buy the current best bang for buck item that can be sold on the exchange, currently the survivor packs are number 1 but not for much longer

Step 4 sell do contraband missions and sell em..kdf did this hand over fist but it has been nerfed

Step 5 sell everything to vendors and when I doubt check current exchange prices

Step 6 sell fleet marks...unsure how profitable it is

Step 7 find the artifact doff mission and do it on all toons

Step 8 do asylum doff missions and sell the rares/very rares

Bonus if you leveled roms, sell your amazing rom officers you gained while leveling up, that have superior rom op and subterfuge for 9 mil+

Another bonus, come in first in fleet actions for decent sellables

That's enough for now...
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I hear you, pvp does my head in too. Ive also been playing since beta and now spend most my time looking at my fleet galaxy hanging in space.... ahhh.... I also have maxed everything out and my bank is full of marks boxes waiting for the next reputation thing to grind. I did alot of bird breeding and now have over 3k marks boxes not including the ones (loads) that have droped during pve's I am hoping that the next reputation expansion gives me a different type of mark in the boxes.
Vice Admiral Davian Thule.

Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
Kobayashi Crew.
Follow us on Twitter @KobayashiCrew. Like us on Facebook.
Captain
# 13
09-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post

Step 8 do asylum doff missions and sell the rares/very rares
This one by itself used to be an EC gold mine up until two months ago. Not so much now. Heck, the MK XII console lottery and selling VR doffs doesn't net you much right now because of the stupid bug ship promotion combines with fleet holdings. My advise, buy stuff now while prices are depressed, sell when this whole bug ship craze goes away.
Career Officer
# 14
09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
That guy's claim of making so much may or may not be BS, but it's certainly possible. But it can (almost) only be done by, as others have said, flipping big-ticket items on the exchange. To do that properly, you need starting capital. A lot of it, to make 25 million a day.

Start small, work your way up. Everybody starts somewhere. And don't be like me and spend it as quickly as you make it
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
That is something I could do. Yea definitely, I onpy have 3 toons. My main fed. A lvl 2 alt I never use and a lvl 50 klink.
Vice Admiral Davian Thule.

Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
Kobayashi Crew.
Follow us on Twitter @KobayashiCrew. Like us on Facebook.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I imagine the person was exaggerating. However, I am quite certain It is doable, without resorting to exchange flipping. You just need a good number of alts. Klink for preference.

Firstly you can do the Pi-Canis missions in a cheep bop build in the space of 15-20 minutes that's 4k dilithium (klink side only). which you can turn into EC one way or another. Your limited to once a day per alt, but if you have 10 klink alts that's 4.5mill EC worth of keys to sell in the space of 3.3 hours work. From that we can make 25 mill in the space of 18.4 hours. Which is less then a day. You just need 57 Klingon alts.

However I recon you could do better then that with fewer alts. lets go with 5 Klingon alts instead and have them run federation minefield.

This 5 man fleet action rewards 3 very rare mk XI items if you get first place. With practice and the right build you can consistently do this. Provided your not unlucky enough to be in a group with some one else who knows what they are doing.

The downsides are that your very rare mk xi items are random, your as likely to get an item worth 5k as one worth 5mill. But you have all day to get lucky a few times and make that 25mill. I recon its possible to make significantly more then 25mill in the day if the RNG smiles upon you.
Captain
# 17
09-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Great post, the reason I ask is because I'm completely the same. I have enough resources and supplies to last me, I've got 8 characters, they all have the rep they need (Mostly just T2, it's quick and easy) I've bought all the lockbox ships that interest me, I've mashed all the STFs a million times, got over a hundred mill in the bank so I don't need to actually do anything.

I just... don't find myself logging on as much as I used to, because frankly I've done it all. Only thing left is PvP - and lets face it, is that really worth the headaches?

Just looking for inspiration to keep me coming back, barring foundry missions of good content done by trekkies, and most of that is sifting through garbage looking for gems. The only thing keeping me in the game is my fleet which I've put a lot of time and effort into, but even that just plods along with nothing but shoving doffs at it.
I do the mostly the same, except for the money.
Somehow i almost never have any money left, since i am always tweaking one of my characters just for fun.

Btw. Very interesting Thread.
It seems i don't have the lobes for a good deal on the exchange, lol
I could need a good tip how to invest 50 mil, or does someone know where to get some good infos?

Some tips for massive money making would be appreciated.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Empire Veteran
# 18
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaramda View Post
Yeah, I was kinda wondering something along the same lines. Read in another forum post where the OP was claiming to easily earn 100M (100,000,000) EC in a day. I, too, think that's bs but if someone can explain how that's possible, I'd like to learn. The best I've managed is only a few hundred thousand.
exchange speculation...
They know what is the averrage price of purple items, they look at the exchange and buy items under the avverage price to sell them at the avverage one. Or they buy items to sell them in a future supposing the price will raise. Moreover, sometime some players try to buy a lot of certain items to raise their price (this appenend just a few days ago with the space trait helmsman). And often many players use some external program (ex. to buy with a single double click or avoiding the disable of the search button if pressed to often).

Last edited by eurialo; 09-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Captain
# 19
09-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
exchange speculation...
They know what is the averrage price of purple items, they look at the exchange and buy items under the avverage price to sell them at the avverage one. Or they buy items to sell them in a future supposing the price will raise. Moreover, sometime some players try to buy a lot of certain items to raise their price (this appenend just a few days ago with the space trait helmsman). And often many players use some external program (ex. to buy with a single double click or avoiding the disable of the search button if pressed to often).
I never quite understood how tis is supposed to work. Are these ppl constantly watching the market?
I have once tried to make a bouyout (it was an item that wasn't availlable at that point of time for a long time), but the result was that eve i have bought everything on the market. Some people still had some of those items at their bank and put them into the exchange for the EXACT same price as before. So in the end i barely got rid of those things. So i made some loss but i'll never do something like that again, lol.

I don't know but for me this is too much, since i have other things to do all day, like eat and go out of the house and so on.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 20
09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
I can make more then that without playing the exchange at all just by farming the foundry on all my characters and doffing on all of them and selling all the loot, contraband, and excess doffs, I have 10 characters level 50 with good gear and all with at least semi decent doff rosters and 4 of them have excellent rosters with mostly purple and blue though so it takes time to set something like this up.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions