Lieutenant
Hello. I'm having a problem with STO and the ctrl key. I have a gaming mouse, and I've got it's 12 buttons bound to hit ctrl 1-9.

I've also tried to make macros on my razer keyboard, to hit ctrl 1, then ctrl 2.

Now, I don't have trouble getting the macros to HIT ctrl+1 or 2, etc...

My problem is that when the power in ctrl-1's slot fires... so does the power in slot 1. When I hit ctrl-2 on my mouse or my keyboard macro, it usually goes off, but so does the power in slot 2. Etc.

Can anyone help?

Oh, if this is in the wrong subform, please move it.
Captain
# 2
08-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Yes, I've often noticed this problem, usually during ground combat. It doesn't happen every time. And it's not just the Ctrl key; it happens with the Alt key too.
Captain
# 3
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah this was a bug that was introduced with LOR. I filed a report about it, twice.

If a key combination includes a modifier key (like CTRL), and there is no bind defined for that key combination, the game will process any binds that happen to be defined for the key without the modifier. <CTRL-1> becomes <1> and so forth.

The way to stop it from happening is to create a null bind for the combination with a pair of empty double-quotes: /bind control+1 ""
Lieutenant
# 4
09-09-2013, 03:57 AM
How does that fix the problem? The problem is that I can't use macros with ctrl, clearing ctrl's doesn't seem to help, since I still can't use macros with those binds?

I did test unbinding it, but I have to rebind it to use it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-09-2013, 08:24 AM
I have a Logitech G19 and was thinking about binding my key skills to quick fire keys. One thing that you could check (or double check) is to make sure you have the right drivers for your keyboard. If you don't it may not work right with STO as, I know with Logitech they have specific profiles for specific games.

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!
Lieutenant
# 6
09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
've checked, and my software is up to date. I've also run the same macro with shift to tell if it's hitting 1 or ! and 2 or @. I'm pretty sure it's in the game.
Career Officer
# 7
12-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Rather than single key, use a key sequence to put a 0.02-sec delay between ctrl/shift/alt's downpress and the number key's downpress and another 0.02-sec delay after the number key's release and the ctrl/shift/alt key's release. This ensures both keypresses register in the game in sequence.