Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
09-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I concur with the OP, EPtE has become the most important power in builds that hope to do any damage or even keep up with fleeing Roms trying to run and BC. Thing is, even cruisers need to use it to keep up with running battles!

I would propose a lowerng of its speed boost by 60% to 80%. It may seem overly excessive to some, but lets remember that it was intended as a "get out of dodge" power, so its base boost is huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Captain
# 12
09-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Its not a debate for another thread though.

The EPTE change along with the EPTA and EPTW changes where made to give people real options beyond EPTS... which even now is still the best EPTx hands down... and the only real option if you can only slot one.

EPTS IS an and always has been an issue. I would be cool with it getting a 50% knock down.... why is everyone so allergic to having to use there brains to survive instead of just pushing EPTS EPTS EPTS RSP EPTS all the time.

Yes reducing EPTS would make survival harder... so what... last I checked even crap players can drag games out past the 30 min mark.
Problem is it isn't really an alternative, most people are using it together so you have super speed and shields.

A nerf to epts will make pugging, playing kerrat as a fed, and playing non cloaking ships harder, and will make the game seen more as Romulans online I think. This is an easy self buff that pugs really need as they dont get as much cross heals so its their main source of shield resists and will drive new players away from pvp if its that much easier to slaughter them. It will make the game more dominated by premade only, and feds will be scared to farm kerrat also. The resist stacking can be fixed in other ways with the resist buffs being given by es, tss, and elite shields being toned down.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 13
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
I know I'm always doing it wrong, but I don't have a single toon (9 total) that's running EPtE.

3x DCE (EPtS/EPtW)
AtB (EPtS/EPtW)
2x neither DCE/AtB (2x EPtS/2x EPtW)
2x neither DCE/AtB (2x EPtS)
1x neither DCE/AtB (no EPtX abilities)

Evasive, APO, Eng Batt, adjusting Subsystem Power...er...hrmm...yeah.
Captain
# 14
09-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Problem is it isn't really an alternative, most people are using it together so you have super speed and shields.

A nerf to epts will make pugging, playing kerrat as a fed, and playing non cloaking ships harder, and will make the game seen more as Romulans online I think. This is an easy self buff that pugs really need as they dont get as much cross heals so its their main source of shield resists and will drive new players away from pvp if its that much easier to slaughter them. It will make the game more dominated by premade only, and feds will be scared to farm kerrat also. The resist stacking can be fixed in other ways with the resist buffs being given by es, tss, and elite shields being toned down.
TSS isn't chainable like EPtS is. ES isn't usable on oneself and it's effectiveness is dependent on sender's shield power. I would much rather see EPtS get addressed before either of those two.

Elite shields resist stacking shouldn't have made it into the game. A flat bonus to 3 types or a lesser bonus to 5 types woulda been fine. Frankly the MACO resists are too high imo.

But, the full power to shield preset is available to anyone anytime. I use it when capping in C&H all the time (on ships w/o EPtS, but granted they can cloak).

Repairing in allies PuGs isn't that hard (press relevant function key and repair). This issue is more that cross repairing isn't needed as much as it used to be, so people don't equip them as much when pugging. I used to fly w/5 repairs I could use on myself or others when pugging (and I still had a 7 stations for damage or CC). Now it's 2-3 w/the rest self repair only, damage, or CC.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 15
09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
TSS isn't chainable like EPtS is. ES isn't usable on oneself and it's effectiveness is dependent on sender's shield power. I would much rather see EPtS get addressed before either of those two.

Elite shields resist stacking shouldn't have made it into the game. A flat bonus to 3 types or a lesser bonus to 5 types woulda been fine. Frankly the MACO resists are too high imo.

But, the full power to shield preset is available to anyone anytime. I use it when capping in C&H all the time (on ships w/o EPtS, but granted they can cloak).

Repairing in allies PuGs isn't that hard (press relevant function key and repair). This issue is more that cross repairing isn't needed as much as it used to be, so people don't equip them as much when pugging. I used to fly w/5 repairs I could use on myself or others when pugging (and I still had a 7 stations for damage or CC). Now it's 2-3 w/the rest self repair only, damage, or CC.
well the reason I mentioned tss and es is since they are used to heal others so lets you stack resists unreasonably high. anyway lets not get carried to far away with shield resist discussion, regardless of whether epts or other resists are toned down or not I still think epte needs to be.
Captain
# 16
09-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
well the reason I mentioned tss and es is since they are used to heal others so lets you stack resists unreasonably high. anyway lets not get carried to far away with shield resist discussion, regardless of whether epts or other resists are toned down or not I still think epte needs to be.
But, it goes back to how/why they (and other EPtX) were buffed in the 1st place. They originally were changed to have reduced uptimes, so they couldn't be chained any longer. The shared timers were changed as well. The reverted the timer changes and left the buffs. That is the core of the problem.

Not that EPtE couldn't stand a speed reduction, but would it really be that bad if the uptime were reduced on all emergency powers like it was intended?
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Been playing since launch, mediocre at best. That's my preface for this, so nobody thinks I'm referring to myself:

EPTE in it's current form widens the skill gap. Just like a JHAS (IMO!) it doesn't allow a crappy player to automatically dominate. But, in the hands of a skilled player who is in possession of the intangibles like situational awareness and general conn skills...
Captain
# 18
09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm not convinced widening the skill gap is a bad thing. Why would you want to play a shallow, dumbed down game where there is no room for improvement? Nothing kills interest in a game faster than realizing you can never get any better at it and therefore can never win.
Captain
# 19
09-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
But, it goes back to how/why they (and other EPtX) were buffed in the 1st place. They originally were changed to have reduced uptimes, so they couldn't be chained any longer. The shared timers were changed as well. The reverted the timer changes and left the buffs. That is the core of the problem.

Not that EPtE couldn't stand a speed reduction, but would it really be that bad if the uptime were reduced on all emergency powers like it was intended?
In the current state of the game with romulan crit rate as high as it is yes, epts should be left alone for now. EPTE needs to be looked at and its benefits reduced regardless of whether epts or other emergency powers are changed or not, and regardless of the fact that they were all buffed together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I'm not convinced widening the skill gap is a bad thing. Why would you want to play a shallow, dumbed down game where there is no room for improvement? Nothing kills interest in a game faster than realizing you can never get any better at it and therefore can never win.
Having 2 or 3 doff slots and 1 boff power that can't be used for anything else but epte and damage control doffs dumbs the game down as there is less choices you have to make, therefore less variety, more cookie cutter builds. Nerfing epte will free up those doff and boff slots so you can choose to experiment with other doffs and boffs and still suceed.

Last edited by marc8219; 09-09-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Captain
# 20
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlamidiot View Post
Been playing since launch, mediocre at best. That's my preface for this, so nobody thinks I'm referring to myself:

EPTE in it's current form widens the skill gap. Just like a JHAS (IMO!) it doesn't allow a crappy player to automatically dominate. But, in the hands of a skilled player who is in possession of the intangibles like situational awareness and general conn skills...
It has nothing to do with skill gap, it prevents variety in builds and doff choices, everybody in pvp is forced to run it, and everyone will be on a level playing field after its balanced. Good players will still be good, and bad players will still be bad.