Commander
Ok, so I just got the Mk X Honor Guard ground gear, I was wondering...

Is there any reason why, apart from the gun, there are NO visuals whatsoever on the armor?
Rihannsu
# 2
09-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
Ok, so I just got the Mk X Honor Guard ground gear, I was wondering...

Is there any reason why, apart from the gun, there are NO visuals whatsoever on the armor?
They never had them.

The STF ground sets only got armor visuals in just before season 7, before they just unlocked costumes and you had to have the entire set as it was accolade unlocked.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Mk X never had visuals.

Mk XI has the basics

Mk XII has the full set and the helmet.

Applies to MACO, KHG & Omega.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Commander
# 4
09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
They never had them.

The STF ground sets only got armor visuals in just before season 7, before they just unlocked costumes and you had to have the entire set as it was accolade unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Mk X never had visuals.

Mk XI has the basics

Mk XII has the full set and the helmet.

Applies to MACO, KHG & Omega.
yeah...but still, WHY did they not add ANY form of visuals for the Mk X armor, apart from the gun, of course. I mean, even if the visual was something quite simple, like a unique sash or shoulder pads, just SOMETHING to more or less denote the lower grade armor!
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-10-2013, 09:12 AM
No idea, and I wouldn't even count the gun as a visual.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Commander
# 6
09-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
No idea, and I wouldn't even count the gun as a visual.
lol, true, but I was just trying to make a point that it is the only part of the set that is visible in the game!
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-10-2013, 10:28 AM
yeah this is a broken thing that's been broken since time immoral.

Its called they don't have anyone willing to go into the code and actually change the visual flags on stuff....because it would require them going through the code looking for the flags.(its a fairly large database)

And as everyone noticed if they fix something like this once....they end up reverting it on a later patch.
And that's because visual FX are not as important as other fixes...so they have the usual left hand doesn't know what he right hand is doing so they make patches that are literally not compatible with each other.

In addition they are trying to fix their underperforming game Neverwinter...which seams to have priority over their other games right now.
Commander
# 8
09-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychickitty View Post
yeah this is a broken thing that's been broken since time immoral.

Its called they don't have anyone willing to go into the code and actually change the visual flags on stuff....because it would require them going through the code looking for the flags.(its a fairly large database)

And as everyone noticed if they fix something like this once....they end up reverting it on a later patch.
And that's because visual FX are not as important as other fixes...so they have the usual left hand doesn't know what he right hand is doing so they make patches that are literally not compatible with each other.

In addition they are trying to fix their underperforming game Neverwinter...which seams to have priority over their other games right now.
Speaking of Neverwinter...
That game is so underperforming, I can't even get on to try to play it!