Ensign
I am not sure if this is the right forum but, when it clearly states in the faction choising that you can use 'any' ship of that faction I expect to be able to use the zenships I unlocked for that faction. So why are the vice admeral ships restricted?
Can any one explain this?
I love playing the romulans/remons, but being restricted to low ranking ships is a bit dumb[and the only ships one can access are 'standerd issue' ships and one has to pay alot of dili for em >.>]
Captain
# 2
09-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Because if they allowed Republic characters access to the Admiral/General ships, then why play anything other than Romulan? You'd have access to all the Warbirds, plus the Kumari and the Karfi and everything else. They allow you to use the lower-level ships so that you can strip the special consoles off of c-store ships you already own. Other than that though, you're a Romulan; fly a Warbird.
Commander
# 3
09-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Yea, apart from this being the 20th such thread, it's as simple as the reason why KDF can't fly Fed Zen ships on the same account and vice versa. Different factions.

Roleplay-wise, we get to use the lower rank ships from our ally faction because the Romulan story builds up to the creation of the colony on New Romulus, after which, we don't 'need' our ally's ships anymore because we have our own fleet.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 4
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
This must be about the thrid or fourth thread regarding Republic characters not getting access to T5 ships of their allies. Can people stop making unreasonalble expectations? It is unrealistic that the best ships of the line for the KDF and the Federation would be given to an "upstart" power, let alone former enemy/rival such as the Romulans. Please stop making such assumptions, and read previous posts rather than start all new threads about something that has been talked about umpteen times, over and over again.
Career Officer
# 5
09-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Which part of the official Romulan ship matrix states "any" allied ships?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1366399382.jpg

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=869551

at Tier 5, there is a big, loud and clear "N/A" there. How much more specific do you need it?
Do you need a big, giant pic of a Sovereign with a red circle and a red bar though it?
Career Officer
# 6
09-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post

at Tier 5, there is a big, loud and clear "N/A" there. How much more specific do you need it?
Do you need a big, giant pic of a Sovereign with a red circle and a red bar though it?
You would need more than just a sovereign or people would say it says I cant fly a sovereign but what about my Defiant? Probably best to put a big red circle with a line through it around the words 'Tier 5 ships'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-10-2013, 06:32 AM
You get 1 free T5 Romulan ship from the Ha' Family at level 40. They're pretty competitive. Failing that there's always the Mirror versions.

The L40 & L50 ships are the same Tier, if you want an improvement on them get a Fleet ship.

And what's the point of making a Romulan to fly either Fed or Klingon ships? Don't you have a Fed or Klingon to do that with?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Republic Veteran
# 8
09-10-2013, 07:25 AM
My only complaint about not being able to fly a tier 5 KDF ship is the D7. I think Romulans ought to be able to have our own D7 (or something that looks enough like it that a D7 skin for it would work) at tier 5. It's classic, and the only Romulan female ever seen in TOS was in command of a fleet of three of them.

(I also still think we should be able to customize the interior of our ships to look like the inside of her D7 flagship in "The Enterprise Incident" -- at least any Klingon vessel we have and certainly any tier 5 D7 look-alike which might become available to us in the future, be it Klingon- or Romulan-made.)

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
# 9
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
My only complaint about not being able to fly a tier 5 KDF ship is the D7. I think Romulans ought to be able to have our own D7 (or something that looks enough like it that a D7 skin for it would work) at tier 5. It's classic, and the only Romulan female ever seen in TOS was in command of a fleet of three of them.

(I also still think we should be able to customize the interior of our ships to look like the inside of her D7 flagship in "The Enterprise Incident" -- at least any Klingon vessel we have and certainly any tier 5 D7 look-alike which might become available to us in the future, be it Klingon- or Romulan-made.)
Theres more logic to that than Id care to admit but considering those were Klingon made D-7 cruisers sold to the Romulans during their pre-warp era, allowing them access to warp drives, would any Romulan/Reman really WANT to fly one now? Then again what Romulan/Reman would really WANT to suckle Fed/Kling **** as a sub-faction... so nevrmind...
Republic Veteran
# 10
09-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachikuno View Post
Theres more logic to that than Id care to admit but considering those were Klingon made D-7 cruisers sold to the Romulans during their pre-warp era, allowing them access to warp drives, would any Romulan/Reman really WANT to fly one now? Then again what Romulan/Reman would really WANT to suckle Fed/Kling **** as a sub-faction... so nevrmind...
This claim that the Romulans of the time were a pre-warp civilization is not canon and is more than just a little dubious. How did they get from Vulcan to ch'Rihan and attack Earth long before the events of "The Enterprise Incident" without warp capability? Not only does it not make sense, it's also illogical. There's quite a bit of commentary about this on the net (and, iirc, somewhere in the STO fora as well).

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet