Rihannsu
# 51
09-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiweitech View Post
...Only choose "need" if you plan to immediately equip the item, not throw it in the bank "until my other 5 toons reach level 50"...
Choose "greed" if you plan to sell it on the exchange, give it to another character, or trade it away.
"Pass" is self explainatory...
There is no person to watch over you and decide what you choose, but you would do everyone a service by keeping your greedy little Ferengi paws at bay and choose what you actually need/want instead of spamming the "need" button every time loot popup opes up.
All the various channels I belong to that help people team-up to play group missions (like PublicEliteSTF, for example) run strictly Need/Pass or Need All.

There's no need to guess what the the "Other Guy" is gonna click, or trust that he's going to stick to a standard of Need/Greed/Pass. All players have an equal chance to any drop. You don't have to waste time looking at/considering any given drop. There's no distraction from battle/game play. If something pops up you press Ctrl-Q to Need and get on with the pewpewpew.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 09-10-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
All the various channels I belong to that help people team-up to play group missions (like PublicEliteSTF, for example) run strictly Need/Pass or Need All.

There's no need to guess what the the "Other Guy" is gonna click, or trust that he's going to stick to a standard of Need/Greed/Pass. All players have an equal chance to any drop. You don't have to waste time looking at/considering any given drop. There's no distraction from battle/game play. If something pops up you press Ctrl-Q to Need and get on with the pewpewpew.
This is what I usually do as well, but remember that this thread is for leveling players or recent VAs, maybe the experienced players can pick up a few things, but it's mainly for the players who do not have elite equipment yet, and I only discovered how this system works recently so I thought it was would make an interesting tip.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-10-2013, 09:50 PM
The STF (MACO, Omega, etc.) and other reputation-based sets can be found in MK X, XI, or XII. Each tier is unlocked by completing higher tiers of the reputation system and has better specs than the last, but they also cost significantly more.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
The Borg can adapt to your weapons in a few shots, to fight them, you must, MUST have a [Frequency Remodulator], which can be bought from your replicator for free and you must equip it on every bridge officer so they can remodulate as well. A different energy type (ex. Plasma, Phaser, Disruptor, etc.) can buy you some time before the Borg remodulate again. You can craft faster remodulators ([Fractal Remodulator]) from the Defera invasion zone. The STF sets (M.A.C.O., Adapted M.A.C.O., Omega Force, Klingon Honor Guard, Adapted K.H.G., etc.) give a set bonus when all 3 pieces are used, which is the ability to instantly remodulate your weapons, this has a 10 second cool down but is much faster than any other remodulator.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Each type of energy and kinetic weapon has its own perks/features known as procs, for example, phaser disables one subsystem in space combat, and stuns people in ground combat, disrupters weaken damage resistance, etc. These weapon types and their procs are very important to choosing the right weapon. A full list of weapon types can be found here:
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Damage_type
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-13-2013, 09:18 PM
All weapons have a firing range of 10KM (unless you're talking about the fraking Borg ship in hive onslaught). However, within the 10KM radius, the damage done decreases as you get further away from your target. The exact amount is different for each type of weapon, but the difference in damage goes like this: Cannons (most affected by distance) > Beams > Kinetic Weapons (not at all affected)
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Every space weapon has a firing arc (aka targeting arc). This is the zone in front of/behind the ship where the weapon can fire. For example, a forward facing weapon with a 45 degree firing arc can only fire when the selected target is within a conical area of 45 degrees. Whereas a weapon with a 360 degree firing arc can fire no matter where the targeted enemy is.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-15-2013, 05:05 AM
this is a spam thread... why don't you make a long post with all your tips?is that important to have a huge number of posts?

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
this is a spam thread...
I'm not sure how many people would agree with that, as these tips actually help people, especially compared to *bump* spam posts in other threads. If these tips aren't helping you, read my OP... If I am breaking any forum rules please inform me and I will remove it. If there's enough people who thinks this thread is spam, please tell me and I will open up a voting post to see if this thread goes to hell.
Quote:
why don't you make a long post with all your tips?
Would you, or anyone, really read a giant post with hundreds of tips? This post is a temporary measure until our website goes up, with nicely sorted categories and tags and dates.
Quote:
is that important to have a huge number of posts?
No, it's not, I write tips when they come to me, or when someone else suggests something, hence the title "Tips of the Day".
If you really have that big of an issue with this thread just ignore it... It's really not that difficult to stop the urge to click and post something.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Pay attention to your ship's energy levels, they are very important in a fight. First, it's highly recommended that you set your power display to bars, to do this, click the icon at the top right corner, and click 3 (this is for the ability to edit, if you are satisfied with all your power settings, 2 is less intrusive).
Weapons power provide additional damage, for example, a weapons which deals 100DPS will deal 100 DPS at 50 power, and 200DPS at 100 weapons power. Firing energy weapons will drain weapons power.
Shield power boosts shield regeneration rates. A shield will function normally at 50 power, and an extra regeneration rate of 1 will be added to each side of the shields for every point above 50. Shields will drop when below 25 power.
Engine power directly affects the speed and turn rate of your ship. The stats are different for every ship.
Auxiliary power ties into your abilities (most important for science). Abilities such as Hazard Emitters and Auxiliary to structural are directly affected by your auxiliary power level. The stats are different for every ability.
Exia@yiweitech
U.S.S. Omega
Assimilation is Futile
United Federation Legion