Lt. Commander
Anyone who doesn't accept the reality that the 5s global cd on all tac powers is a direct assault at torpedo/beam users isnt seeing the big picture. No matter how many videos are posted, standard* dhc spammers prevail after this nerf hits.

Its the final nail in the coffin to true skill builds, lining up powers AHEAD of when theyd be needed. You can see how there was no continuity in development of this games PVP, as contradictory changes continue to occur from different unrelated devs who seem to not communicate at all.

let alone play the game. this is a sad day and even if reverted has lost one player forever from this game.

i will not roll fed

i will not spam dhc

i will not play sto with this situation.

As drama between groups was finally gettign resolved and several new matchmaking concepts being implements, the devs did it again. adjudicator hawk you are sad dev, pathetic really for this. rip sto

any dedicated pvper forum message me to give my acct a new home.
Captain
# 2
09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
Anyone who doesn't accept the reality that the 5s global cd on all tac powers is a direct assault at torpedo/beam users isnt seeing the big picture. No matter how many videos are posted, standard* dhc spammers prevail after this nerf hits.

Its the final nail in the coffin to true skill builds, lining up powers AHEAD of when theyd be needed. You can see how there was no continuity in development of this games PVP, as contradictory changes continue to occur from different unrelated devs who seem to not communicate at all.

let alone play the game. this is a sad day and even if reverted has lost one player forever from this game.

i will not roll fed

i will not spam dhc

i will not play sto with this situation.

As drama between groups was finally gettign resolved and several new matchmaking concepts being implements, the devs did it again. adjudicator hawk you are sad dev, pathetic really for this. rip sto

any dedicated pvper forum message me to give my acct a new home.
maybe I'm miss understanding you, but the 5 second block it for the same powers not for different powers. So one can still use BO+ CRF +THY, or just BO + CRF...
Career Officer
# 3
09-10-2013, 09:32 AM
While I have always been a proponent of pressure damage builds, my only real problem with the modern oneshot builds is how incredibly reliable they are in the right hands. They don't evoke the "A 150k tricobalt? I died to that? Damn! But this is friggin amazing!" feeling of the old oneshot builds.

I have essentially retired from premade games because Era left and I don't like the state of the game and often I have more fun coding stuff for the leaderboard than actually playing.
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 4
09-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
maybe I'm miss understanding you, but the 5 second block it for the same powers not for different powers. So one can still use BO+ CRF +THY, or just BO + CRF...
Yep. It's just to block you from double- or triple-tapping with Beam Overloads or High-Yield Torpedoes. You'll still be able to combo CRF and Overload, or Overload with High Yield, just not smash the opponent with three consecutive no-drain Overloads.
Career Officer
# 5
09-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Yep. It's just to block you from double- or triple-tapping with Beam Overloads or High-Yield Torpedoes. You'll still be able to combo CRF and Overload, or Overload with High Yield, just not smash the opponent with three consecutive no-drain Overloads.
Correct.

The issue is that Torpedoes are an overall inferior, outdated and poorly designed mechanic.

How long have the forums been asking for Torps to be improved?

Does it even make sense that fast ships, not even running EPTE, can outrun their own Torpedoes?

Does it make sense that torps automatically face 75% full resistance against even the barest sliver of shields?

That's certainly not how they function in ST canon.

The devs don't even really have first hand experience with the issue - because they don't PvP in this game, take a look at their PvE design and you'll see why they probably think torps are "fine".

The devs want to nerf extremes but they are cherry picking which extremes to nerf, which extremes to ignore (extremely poor torpedoes) and which extremes to keep adding to the game (passive mitigation).

Last edited by ussultimatum; 09-10-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Correct.

The issue is that Torpedoes are a completely inferior mechanic in every possible way to BO & energy weapons in general.

How long have the forums been asking for Torps to be improved?

The devs don't even really have first hand experience with the issue - because they don't PvP in this game, take a look at their PvE design and you'll see why they probably think torps are "fine".
just another example in a long line of fixes where they miss the point entirely. if beam overload alone was changed to its original concept or any one of many ideas we posted, no big deal. but dragging down hy/hy stack with it kills the game for me. period. looks like anyone who cared long since quit anyway. meh
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
just another example in a long line of fixes where they miss the point entirely. if beam overload alone was changed to its original concept or any one of many ideas we posted, no big deal. but dragging down hy/hy stack with it kills the game for me. period. looks like anyone who cared long since quit anyway. meh
The issues stems from the Embassy boffs.

Transposed to now, Romulan Boffs.

Anyway I know I got under your skin. For that Mini I am sorry.

I try to ruffle feathers sometimes but never have I tried to direct it to you.
I have always enjoyed fighting with you. I even enjoyed fights against you some 3 years ago.

Again, if I offended you that wasn't my intention.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
The issues stems from the Embassy boffs.

Transposed to now, Romulan Boffs.

Anyway I know I got under your skin. For that Mini I am sorry.

I try to ruffle feathers sometimes but never have I tried to direct it to you.
I have always enjoyed fighting with you. I even enjoyed fights against you some 3 years ago.

Again, if I offended you that wasn't my intention.
no worries u are just a player caught up in the game. u never did wrong. mt tie knew exactly what he was doing, the kind of leet player thinking that has ruined this game for years " WE WILL SHOW THEM HOW BROKE IT IS" but really they could use aceton beam and turrets and win. just low class to go after my powers, then get them nerfed and claim a victory for the game. torpedoes arent the problem never were, this nerf screams of total lack of dev understanding of the game/ issue. we all need to remind them double tapping wasnt the problem. insta tapping was problem, 1 second or 2 s but 5 second delay is too much, especially when after 5s u still wont be able to use thesecond one becus of gcd....

so i wish i was patient and caring enough to impart my 3 yrs experience "double tapping " (honest old school with tac ini and pre marion) to players and devs, but they just dont wanna hear it.

they got owned by mt too hard.

thanks snakie

*not
Captain
# 9
09-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Wait what?

5 sec cd on stacking tac powers? When and why is this being implemented?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
Wait what?

5 sec cd on stacking tac powers? When and why is this being implemented?
LEET MODE UNITE! stop this nerf dead horizon i may reinstall sto!!!

heeellppppp stop the insanityyyy...............