Captain
# 11
09-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I completed this lots pre LOR and i can tell u it isnt lol

I wish it was thou i love this b4 the mess up :-(
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I tried it today...

The lace one shotted all of us several time, using ACT we notice from 200k damage up to 600k!!!! No matter how many armor or defensive buff you have, it's too much.

also FBP is a bit too strong.
Career Officer
# 13
09-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Same - it's a one hit KO fest. Getting constantly insta-killed is about as much fun as a tooth extraction.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-10-2013, 09:20 AM
No offense guys, but Hive Elite (HSE) is really not that hard. In fact, we wiped it out in 3:02 minutes of playtime.

http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888357

Porch Song
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchsong View Post
No offense guys, but Hive Elite (HSE) is really not that hard. In fact, we wiped it out in 3:02 minutes of playtime.

http://www.twitch.tv/ryansto/c/2888357

Porch Song
yes, HSE is not so hard, it's the lance that is overpowered.

and about your timing, I can't see the video but I know there are some op builds... so I do not wonder!
Career Officer
# 16
09-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
it's the lance that is overpowered.
The lance is supposed to kill you. What do you expect? It does not matter if it hits with 600k or a million. Or do you want to build a space-brick cruiser and tank the lance shots?

The conditions where the lance cannot target you ("under the guns", etc.) should work though. Maybe a dev could confirm that they do and that they have tested it.

An animation that shows you that you are targeted by the lance and that you have to take immediate action or you will die would be cool. Something similar to the ground version.

And even Ryan in his "op build" dies. But I see no tears in his eyes...

Last edited by nithanath; 09-16-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 17
09-16-2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithanath View Post
The conditions where the lance cannot target you ("under the guns", etc.) should work though. Maybe a dev could confirm that they do and that they have tested it.
To re-iterate the point which you have missed:

The lance was patched with the aim to not be able to target you when beyond 20km, cloaked or at full impulse. It would also traditionally not target you when close to the Queen.

None of these conditions now apply. Unimatrixes will now hit you with 100k+ whenever their bugged AI feels like it. There is no skill involved in this. Boasting with some faceroll PvE video changes nothing.
# 18
09-16-2013, 02:45 AM
I played the mission after it was fixed with the last patch both space and ground were working absolutely fine.
Empire Veteran
# 19
09-16-2013, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithanath View Post
The lance is supposed to kill you. What do you expect? It does not matter if it hits with 600k or a million. Or do you want to build a space-brick cruiser and tank the lance shots?

The problem is that when the vessels start firing the lance, it's like a BFaW... not always they start to do so, but when they start it's like that. Moreover you can try to reach the queen's ship at full impulse, but if something shot at you then the second hit is the lance. IMHO all the mission should be harder, but not because of things like a instant kill weapon.

Quote:
yes, it works (at least 99%). The problem is some camera behaviour but most often if you are hit while FI, often you receive the lance too.

Quote:
And even Ryan in his "op build" dies. But I see no tears in his eyes...
my answers was about the timing only... because his post was like "It's easy because I can do ii in 3 minutes"...
Lieutenant
# 20
09-17-2013, 03:41 AM
The more HSE cry topics I read the more i realize that most of you guys can't really tell the difference between getting killed by a lance or a Torpedo Spread III...
So please don't say bull**** like "I got lanced when I was near the queen for 12135134963 minutes, it doesn't work". If you see that happening all the time, then record and post a video of it... I'd be glad to prove you wrong.