Captain
# 11
09-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Mission type 1, ground.

Step 1. Check computer/scan object.
Step 2. Check/scan 3 more.
Step 3. Check/scan final one.
Step 4. leave system.

Variations to that is random enemy beams in when step 1 is achieved.

Mission Type 2, ground.

Step 1. Kill 5 groups of random enemies.
Step 2. leave system.

Mission type 1, space.

Step 1. Scan 5 objects. (anomolies or random freighters)
Step 2. leave system.

Variations to that is random enemy is at each object.

Mission Type 2, space.

Step 1. kill 5 groups of random enemies patroling the same empty nothing there spot in space.
Step 2. Leave system.

I think that covers all of them.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Rihannsu
# 12
09-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Mission type 1, ground.

Step 1. Check computer/scan object.
Step 2. Check/scan 3 more.
Step 3. Check/scan final one.
Step 4. leave system.

Variations to that is random enemy beams in when step 1 is achieved.

Mission Type 2, ground.

Step 1. Kill 5 groups of random enemies.
Step 2. leave system.

Mission type 1, space.

Step 1. Scan 5 objects. (anomolies or random freighters)
Step 2. leave system.

Variations to that is random enemy is at each object.

Mission Type 2, space.

Step 1. kill 5 groups of random enemies patroling the same empty nothing there spot in space.
Step 2. Leave system.

I think that covers all of them.
There's a bit more variety than that. you left out the exterior ones. In those you look around a planet surface for something.... not computers it varies based on the mission. Sometimes you fight, sometimes not, a common variant is looking for Decalithium deposits.

There's one mission script where your goal is actually to defeat a Gorgan invasion!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 13
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
There's a bit more variety than that. you left out the exterior ones. In those you look around a planet surface for something.... not computers it varies based on the mission. Sometimes you fight, sometimes not, a common variant is looking for Decalithium deposits.

There's one mission script where your goal is actually to defeat a Gorgan invasion!
The exterior one you mention is what i listed as Type 1, ground. to "find" you have to scan it.

The gorgan invasion is probably Type 2, ground. Type 2 can also be interior or exterior as well.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Commander
# 14
09-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd say the only way to improve this is adding more* alien (not necessarily earth-like) animals either for your ship or your away team for Fed players to investigate.

*For those un-able to access New Romulus.
Captain
# 15
09-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Last word on the matter that I'm aware of was in the April 'Ask Cryptic'; which was that they were hoping to exploit the foundry to improve exploration, sometime within the next 2 years.

Can't say that either their solution to exploration's troubles, nor their time frame for it, pleased me much.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Rihannsu
# 16
09-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
The exterior one you mention is what i listed as Type 1, ground. to "find" you have to scan it.

The gorgan invasion is probably Type 2, ground. Type 2 can also be interior or exterior as well.
The Gorgan one is different in that the location/race is the only random part of the script. You don't go around scanning randomly chosen objects. you scan the radiation cloud graphic that was later used on Mol'Rihan.

I've actually noticed that, despite the similarities in objectives, the interior and exterior ground missions use very different mission scripts.

My #1 idea is to be able to save and return to the locations you've visited. IE: I helped raceX repel a Gorgan invasion, where are they now?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 09-09-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
09-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I've always thought they should have deep exploration quest chains that unlock hidden worlds that you can visit. Sorry but scan 5 objects, kill 5 groups, or deliver 10 cargo to a planet isn't exploration it's just boring grind.
Hope they do take a second look at exploration. Kind of silly that a game based on a show with the motto "seek out new life and civilizations, boldly go where no one has gone before" has almost zero exploration in it.
Rihannsu
# 18
09-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I did a few today just to collect data. here's the data:

T'Ong nebula:

1:
Investigate Base(Hovtay' Hurgh M'rek Qab)
-approach target(capture enemy ship)
Expel enemy forces (ChIS tIn Starad Dung qab wa'maH jav)
-defeat enemy squads(5)
notes: in this mission script the actual mission doesn't start until you beam to the ship.

2:
Investigate Base(Hovtay' chIS Mow'ga Soch)
-approach target(beam down and confront Sterenko invaders)
Expel enemy forces(Qab tIn Sochvatlh SochmaH Hut Hurgh)
-defeat enemy squads(5)

3:
Investigate Base(Hovtay' Hurgh Gorkon chorghmaH chorgh)
-approach base(reclaim a base captured by the Federation months ago)
Expel enemy forces(Qach Hutvatlh cha'maH vagh poS)
-defeat enemy squads(5)

Azlesa Expanse:

1:
Secure System(Hovtay' wov Marqagh wej)
-defeat enemy squadrons(8)(feds)

2:
Investigate planet(Hovtay' wa'vatlh HutmaH vagh blng Dung qIj)
-approach planet(unidentified weapon caches)
Illegal caches(YuQ poS Sochvatlh SochmaH wa' wov)
-Destroy Weapons caches(Terran Empire)
-reprogram cache transponder
notes: for this mission you find and SHOOT the objects you destroy

3:
Investigate planet(Hovtay' wov Klavek Dung Dub wa'maH wej)
-approach planet(undine transmissions)
Thwarting Invaders
-Enemy Squad Defeated(1)
-Enemy Squads Defeated(4)

yeah, I got variations of the same mission script for the first 3 I did... O_o' this was interesting because, despite having the same mission script the story was different. In the first, I was hijacking a Fed freighter. In the second, I was repelling invaders in a KDF base. In the third, I was reclaiming a colony the Feds had previously captured.

The 5th and 6th ones used the same base map but with a different script. One had no combat, the other was nothing but combat.

One thing that would be nice is if the missions had more than one or 2 maps. Take the first one I did. Fighting the ship THEN boarding and capturing it would be nice.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 19
09-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I would like to see the randomly generated species have a randomly selected energy weapons type. Right now they all use disruptors. I would like to see them sometimes use Phasers, Tetryons, Plasma, or Polarons (still debating on use of antiprotons or not) in addition to disruptors.

Further, I would like to see the standard species have an increased drop rate for the type they use. (Hirogen, and Tholian have increased Tetryon weapon drop; Breen, and Jem'Hadar have indcreased Polaron drop, etc.)
Captain
# 20
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
What I'd really like right about now is some kind of check to make sure the enemies that spawn for an exploration mission make sense in context. I'm data farming in the B'Tran Cluster and just got a mission hook that said the Borg have been arming rebels.

I'm like, "That's not possible: the Borg aren't that subtle."
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer