Starfleet Veteran
# 21
09-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
* When I mentioned it to him here on the forum he gave a decent justification for shuttles being a bad idea in context, but he didn't make the justification clear in the mission and by that point it was too late.
Don't worry, I appreciated the feedback. Really, you were the first person (in 2000+ reviews) to even suggest the shuttle. It's shows that you were putting a great deal of thought into it, which is awesome. Just for you, I'll be working in the option to suggest taking down a shuttle.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 22
09-10-2013, 02:15 PM
My thoughts are if you're going to have things like this, it might be easiest if you placed it in an alternate reality type situation. Either one of the standard altered timeline scenarios, or in the mirror universe. Although even then it's still tricky in that there are so many different player species. Maybe if it was an "adopted" son or something that would work?

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Commander
# 23
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
My thoughts are if you're going to have things like this, it might be easiest if you placed it in an alternate reality type situation. Either one of the standard altered timeline scenarios, or in the mirror universe. Although even then it's still tricky in that there are so many different player species. Maybe if it was an "adopted" son or something that would work?
don't worry, I have that pretty much covered!
Rihannsu
# 24
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
@marhawkman: Pics plz.
It's on my DA.BEHOLD!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 25
09-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Oh, and also, to settle other arguments about the fact that not all players are using characters of the same gender...

Later on, after publishing all 40 phases of my series, I plan on going back and writing a second half of the story, for the female gender, followed by a third section of the story for those who chose, in dariuskoronikov's series, to not marry Teroth. I hope that by revealing these plans may help to settle many of the arguments against my plans for the first phase of my series.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
09-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
Oh, and also, to settle other arguments about the fact that not all players are using characters of the same gender...

Later on, after publishing all 40 phases of my series, I plan on going back and writing a second half of the story, for the female gender, followed by a third section of the story for those who chose, in dariuskoronikov's series, to not marry Teroth. I hope that by revealing these plans may help to settle many of the arguments against my plans for the first phase of my series.
Isn't the maximum number of Foundry slots something like 40?

@greendragoon
Commander
# 27
09-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:

That sounds like... a lot of work. Personally, once I reach part 10 I'd probably end up going on a long holiday an forgetting about it, rapidly distracted by a new idea. Good on you if you get it done.

On a side issue, recently where people refer to tailoring responses to gender or wanting to be able to script according to gender - this is usually due to romantic options. Don't forget that not everyone, and not everyone's characters, are straight. Sometimes when you think you're smoothing out a choice, you might actually limit it.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Commander
# 28
09-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Isn't the maximum number of Foundry slots something like 40?
Yes it is. What are you getting at? (might I ask?)
Career Officer
# 29
09-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Yes it is. What are you getting at? (might I ask?)
Well, you said you were going to do 40 episodes, and then make a second half of the arc, by which we presume you mean 40 more episodes. How can you do that when you've already hit the 40-slot limit?
Commander
# 30
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
Well, you said you were going to do 40 episodes, and then make a second half of the arc, by which we presume you mean 40 more episodes. How can you do that when you've already hit the 40-slot limit?
Ah, I see. What I meant was, go back within each published episode and write a second half for the other stuff I stated.