Empire Veteran
# 181
09-10-2013, 03:29 PM
ive never used these, or any kdf carriers, but just the fact that this post exists, and is as detailed as it is, and as diplomatic as it is, and responds to a player concern the way it does, makes my opinion of cryptic and the devs and the game that much better.

keep up the good work devs! and be kind to the code monkeys guys
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 182
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
The drop rate atm is not the problem. The problem is the stats of these with say 6 slavers or interceptors 1 torpedo spread can completely wipe out the pets making anything you spent typeing about null and void if they can't stay alive and there is not much you can do with something so weak.

Also reminds me of the transphasic issue where most of the time your average damage to a ship with a photon or quantum will do more than a transphasic does cutting thru the shields. These pets need to have some kind of self heals. I would just express that you don't get a gazillion heals to heal each and every little fighter.

Edit: I find it odd that the real reason for the slavers being created was left out of that post.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 09-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 183
09-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
guys keep making tickets on these..

the devs say that the chance to steal was increased by 300%..

they dont know that they screwed up and its actually lower then it was.
Since LOR came out I haven't touched my klingons. Now that the new pet system nerfed pets (effectively your pets are level 1-3 most of the time and without forced spawns of live pets that means more time is spent recalling away from battle) and slavers were changed, I won't be touching my klingon Sci carrier again.

Slavers were weak pre-slaver patch. Now, they collect half as much contraband and die instantly. The new carrier pet mechanics stink. Recall doesn't work during battle and out of battle, it's dodgy. On top of it, we had to buy a lock box trait just so that our pets would level at a decent rate. Please, remind me of how the pet changes are beneficial to the player base.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 09-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 184
09-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Since LOR came out I haven't touched my klingons. Now that the new pet system nerfed pets (effectively your pets are level 1-3 most of the time and without forced spawns of live pets that means more time is spent recalling away from battle) and slavers were changed, I won't be touching my klingon Sci carrier again.
Edit: To be as nice as I can I will just give the devs some helpful advice. Launch 2 waves of a hangar at a ship that has the ability to fire a torpedo and then get back to us on how great this system is

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 09-10-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 185
09-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Edit: To be as nice as I can I will just give the devs some helpful advice. Launch 2 waves of a hangar at a ship that has the ability to fire a torpedo and then get back to us on how great this system is
Quite right. Torp spread or high yield instakills pets now. Has anybody experimented with the elite frigate pets to see if they can get withstand getting hit by torp spreads in elite stf's?

TBh, the devs don't need to test anything. They knew full well what they were doing. The purpose of the new system is to nerf pets in pve and and pvp. Effectively, pets live less time and opponents can easily dispatch them with torps. The biggest mistake the devs made with the implementation was in assuming the system would work with the current commands. News flash: they don't. For all intents and purposes, the best way to recall pets under the old system was to respawn them. This was our only option because recall only sometimes works outside of battle. Did I mention outside of battle enough? Recall doesn't work in battle!!! So if your carrier has to hull butt out of a sticky situation, chances are that almost all of the stupid pets that remain behind die. Under the old system, no problem. Respawn them and you're fine. Under the new one, they lose all exp and you're left with pets that are much worse than the old ones until you level them up again. I guess the Devs forgot that the only working carrier command is attack. Fail.

Last edited by knuhteb5; 09-10-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 186
09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
[SNIP] for lenght.
Thanks for the info Borticus, this certainly will be good news for many people.

My issue with the slavers since the adjustments has not been the rate/ammount they steal contraband, but as I mentioned in previous posts - pretty much anything. If I understood your post correctly, the new adjustments you're planning to make may sort out this issue. The thing is - I don't use the slavers for economical reasons, I use them as a single hangar on my FDC more for flavor than anything else. So I don't really care what they steal or how much as long as they do it continuously from time to time, so I get the effect of having slavers actually pillaging Orion style. They have been completely asleep lately, but I do hope what I just read would fix this.

Also, I'd ask you guys to check the hull on these slavers one more time because many players were reporting that their slavers have low hull values, however I haven't experienced that myslef so can't really speak about it. Just wanted to mention this as well since you mentioned that after these adjustments you'll consider the matter closed, so we don't want to miss anything that might be malfunctioning.

Anyway, thanks for the update and for taking into consideration the players feedback in choices like these. Much apreciated.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
# 187
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Dont get me wrong, I dont sell my contraband or prisoners I use them for Dillithium earning DoFF missions for that extra Dilithium boost THEY added to the game. If i need money ill sell keys! As for an investment, anything you spend money on is an investment and if you check the books I have invested much into this game, that itself should be flattering to any business, I have been a loyal customer for years now! But think about it, why do people buy slavers to begin with, its not for the poor hull hp or single beam array for combat lol.

DRama: I used to earn 2 or 3 CBper daily run and id be like "yeay!..tomorrow I can start the assignment!" Now its like, wow...nothing...i shoul dhave bought the fighters with dps!"
Maquis resistance - Fighting against PWE Tyranny (clip)
Glasses that see the truth, are never rose colored
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule__Every episode of TNG if written by STO
Cryptic Studios Team
# 188
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Also, I'd ask you guys to check the hull on these slavers one more time because many players were reporting that their slavers have low hull values...
We are trying to find time to perform thorough balance tests on ALL hangar pets as soon as we can manage. Which probably won't be for at least several months. This review would include both DPS and Survivability. It's probable that changes to something as specific Slaver hitpoints won't happen until we are able to review all pets against one another, and determine where their effectiveness needs to land.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 189
09-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Pet suitability is pretty dismal for most non-frigate pets.

Any fighter class dies when hit, tholians bfaw spam make them completely worthless, their explosion likely does more damage to you then they can do to an enemy as they explode while launching.

Shuttles can last a little while but tend not to be resilient enough when you hit elites or against tholians, they also aren't very decent or intelligent in any PvE at all.

The different between basic, advanced and elite shield drones is pretty funny

The type 8 pets.. does anyone in the entire game use these? Is the polarize hull going to save them from a tractor beam? Pretty sure thats not what got them.

I'd save a pet balance is needed, there are clear winners out there and mostly losers.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Lieutenant
# 190
09-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks for acknowledging the issue at hand.