Rihannsu
# 21
09-10-2013, 12:08 PM
It depends, I'm not going to lie that I sure as hell don't want something that was a good reason for me to have bought LTS, the liberated borg player char, to suddenly be available to everyone either for free or through zen.

Think what you want of lifers, but do not forget that we forked over 300 bucks to get the liberated borg playable race. (among other things)

If they introduce a liberated borg faction, nice, and certainly it should be available to everyone because otherwise there's no point profit wise, but don't tell LTS players like me to just suck it up then.

Cryptic knows very well they'd have to come up with something unique to replace the liberated borg playable chars that would then be as generic as a normal human character, both to avoid a **** storm from existing LTS players and to keep the value of it as it is now for future players.
Republic Veteran
# 22
09-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
It depends, I'm not going to lie that I sure as hell don't want something that was a good reason for me to have bought LTS, the liberated borg player char, to suddenly be available to everyone either for free or through zen.

Think what you want of lifers, but do not forget that we forked over 300 bucks to get the liberated borg playable race. (among other things)

If they introduce a liberated borg faction, nice, and certainly it should be available to everyone because otherwise there's no point profit wise, but don't tell LTS players like me to just suck it up then.

Cryptic knows very well they'd have to come up with something unique to replace the liberated borg playable chars that would then be as generic as a normal human character, both to avoid a **** storm from existing LTS players and to keep the value of it as it is now for future players.
All this has happened before. All this will happen again.
Anyone remembers the days when lib borg was a special for those who got their LTS pre release?
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
One possible way they could do this is to have the Borg as a faction that is only storyline limited. Meaning Borg players cannot do anything else in STO except storylines, until they complete it.

As a Borg Drone, you are tasked by the Borg Queen to perform duties (missions) as a drone, but one of her special drones with semi-autonomy like Locutus. Then at the end of the storyline, you get Liberated by the same faction you originally chosen your character. Human Borg get liberated by the Federation, etc.

Then as you end your Borg Storyline, you find yourself getting out of the hosptial and fully adjusted back to society, where you start out as a young officer in Starfleet, Romulan Armed Forces, or the Klingon Defense Force. And pick continue on as a normal member of that faction.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Career Officer
# 24
09-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post

Hey I get it, LTS members made a big investment in STO and there is no reason why we can't get something unique. People spend a ton of money on Keys to get something unique, this is no different.

I think something similar to my idea could prevent upset for LTS players as well as maybe even sell more LTS memberships. If they add a Borg faction LTS members could maybe get the original Borg race to play as, as well as a unique ship skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann83 View Post
Anyone remembers the days when lib borg was a special for those who got their LTS pre release?
Wow, I forgot all about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
One possible way they could do this is to have the Borg as a faction that is only storyline limited. Meaning Borg players cannot do anything else in STO except storylines, until they complete it.

As a Borg Drone, you are tasked by the Borg Queen to perform duties (missions) as a drone, but one of her special drones with semi-autonomy like Locutus. Then at the end of the storyline, you get Liberated by the same faction you originally chosen your character. Human Borg get liberated by the Federation, etc.

Then as you end your Borg Storyline, you find yourself getting out of the hosptial and fully adjusted back to society, where you start out as a young officer in Starfleet, Romulan Armed Forces, or the Klingon Defense Force. And pick continue on as a normal member of that faction.

Interesting idea, I could see something like this as a unique Liberated Borg tutorial. I would love to see a unique tutorial for a few other species as well that are not primary choices when starting a new character. Like Fed aligned Klingons, Rom Remans, Fed Ferengi, KDF Trill and so on.
Hey all my old posts are gone!

Last edited by trekthestars; 09-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Captain
# 25
09-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
An assimilated ship skin is already exists in the Omega rep.

If you decide to run the Borg set and leave the visuals on, yeah.

Then you look like everyone else with the borg set and visuals turned on.

Though I will admit, building ANOTHER skin for each ship in game would be fairly labor intensive.
Career Officer
# 26
09-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann83 View Post
yup, it was the same time that the Joined Trill was only for Digital Delux Pre-orders -- which was when I bought both BTW.

Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
Captain
# 27
09-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekthestars View Post
Just as long as you're not putting me in that group of LTS members as well. I would love for a full faction, and for anyone to have access as well! Plus, this idea is a small solution to add something many have asked for while keeping the Dev time limited. There are already playable Borg in STO right now, instead of making a whole faction add on what we already have.

If Cryptic wants to add Liberated Borg to the Z-Store, they can have at it, I'm not going to protest, heck add them to a Lock Box, about the same amount of money. I got my LTS when it first came out, in my opinion I already got my monies worth.

It took years to get playable Romulans in the game, this doesn't have to. Also this in no way prevents a possible Borg faction in the future.

Of course my idea isn't perfect, that's why I was hoping to get input. It's so gosh darn hard to please every player, some say no way to playable Borg faction, some want it, some LTS members would get upset if it was free, some LTS members wouldn't care, some people even have no faith in Cryptic taking the time, but one thing is certain, there are already playable Liberated Borg and I see no reason why we can't expand on that. The small details could be up to Cryptic on how they can make it profitable.
When an LTS starts rattling on about they want exclusive this and that it just gets under my skin.

I do like the idea of a borg faction since after all were about to invade the DQ

But i think a good common ground is to make the faction for everyone but have something exclusive for the LTS members that are using the lib borg toon.

And thats a colony world they alone develop the same way a fleet upgrades its starbases etc.

Or even via a LTS rep system and only LTS lib borg toons could actually visit that world and have exclusive gear after a certain upgrade that can be purchased there exclusive to LTS.

But for the F2P and subs have a second world not unlike new romulus is adventure zone and missions.

This way we all get a borg faction and adventure zones but LTS would actually get something very unique actiually getting to develop a borg colony world.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/wraith_011/Youracistbastard.jpg
Captain
# 28
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Given that the Romulan mini-faction is most likely the way all new factions are done in the future, then it makes sense that it could work in reverse. Current Liberated Borg are currently classified as part of the Federation or Klingon Empire and assuming that a Borg faction is introduced, then members of the Borg Faction won't be part of the Federation or Klingon Empire. Anyone from the Borg faction will have the chance to ally with the Federation or Klingon Empire, but won't be a part of them. Therefore, you can have current Liberated Borg ally with the Borg faction and have them behave similar to the Romulan faction with access to ships from the Borg faction, Borg clothing, and other stuff.

The main difference between current Liberated Borg and the Borg faction is that current Liberated Borg would be limited to the current Tier 5 Starfleet and KDF ships and can access all the other Borg faction ships while the Borg Faction would be limited to the Tier 5 Borg Faction ships and have the same choices of allied ships that the Romulans get. Another main difference is that since current Liberated Borg come from a different location than the Borg Faction, then they would have different mission dialogue to reflect that. The Liberated Borg and Borg Faction would have the same costume option like Borg Federation and Borg Klingon Empire.

It would be nice to have a Liberated Borg store that allows Borgified interiors on Federation and Klingon ships, Borg Prosthetics that actually replace the arm, and Borg implants. It would also be nice to be able to use Borg implants on non-Borg characters as long as a player has the Lifetime Subscription. Just too bad that you need to be Federation or Romulan Federation and Female to use the Seven of Nine implants.