Captain
# 51
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Perhaps thats what needs to happen... PvP needs to hit bottom.

To be honest though I'm seeing less and less reason to not just run 5 man sci teams all the time... I mean we all hate on the fleets that are douche enough to do it... seriously though perhaps its time we just give in and realize Sci is the pvp class.
5x Sci Recluse teams...Romulan...KDF-aligned.
Captain
# 52
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
5s is way too short. Also, if I'm not mistaken, sci team gives you immunity to science debuff for 5s seconds.
It does, but if you get SNB'd again, you're only saved from the -RechargeSpeed debuff. The buff strip still happens.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 53
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
It does, but if you get SNB'd again, you're only saved from the -RechargeSpeed debuff. The buff strip still happens.
That is pretty bad. Longer lockout is needed now more than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum
]5s is not too short.

If they institute a hard lockout on SNB right now in the current game - it would be pretty awful for premade PvP.
Hard lockout won't be too long. Sure, it will be harder to get kills but no, it doesn't make premade PvP aweful. It just mean you have to adapt and be more careful so you do not have to rely heavily on multiple SNB to score a kill. I've seen some of your premades fights videos, and you obtained kills with only 1 SNB simply using tactic and deception.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Captain
# 54
09-11-2013, 09:09 PM
And if you can't kill, well that means you stalemated? Lol I see nothing wrong with that.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Captain
# 55
09-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
This^^
This, however can never happen when 1% shields can block 75% damage.
Dude , don't we already have shield bleed through through the wazoo ?
Why do you want more of the same poison ?

Torps were meant to be used when shields were knocked off line .
If that can no longer happen , or if that is unlikely to happen (due to the passive power creep) -- why do you blame the torps ?

An alternative to your suggestions would be to request a Mk XII of the Breen Set and buff the 2 pice set (which currently offers a +30.5 Transphasic Projectile Damage at Mk XI) .

Thus you'd have a set that buffs Transphasic torpedoes , which are built to function in the way you want all torps to function -- via bleed through .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Captain
# 56
09-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

It allows for the Sci captain to be ironically the most immune to "losing" their "buff" powers since Sensor Scan, Subnuc & Photonic Fleet are not even Buffs that can be stripped.
the debuff is cleared with sci team, and the buff is cleared with snb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 57
09-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
sci could use some more nerfing....
And reading the past two pages , I've come to suspect that what you may have said with irony , others say with a straight face .

Or in other words , they promote the "let's turn Sci into the next Eng story" .

Keep on yapping guys , keep on yapping ... .
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Captain
# 58
09-12-2013, 04:19 AM
Well as half joking as some of us are ... we are all painfuly aware... that 5 sci in a premade is better then 4.

In light of all tac buffs being turned into pressure skills.... and the only way to spike being comboing up things that work in very hit or miss ways... it seems the most sure fire way to ensure people die is simply being able to quadruple nuke if need be.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 59
09-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Dude , don't we already have shield bleed through through the wazoo ?
Why do you want more of the same poison ?

Torps were meant to be used when shields were knocked off line .
If that can no longer happen , or if that is unlikely to happen (due to the passive power creep) -- why do you blame the torps ?

An alternative to your suggestions would be to request a Mk XII of the Breen Set and buff the 2 pice set (which currently offers a +30.5 Transphasic Projectile Damage at Mk XI) .

Thus you'd have a set that buffs Transphasic torpedoes , which are built to function in the way you want all torps to function -- via bleed through .
oh wow, you're kinda late to the show...

and I was responding to antoniosalieri, where he said.

Quote:

Well I like the change in theory....

I do agree it doesn't need to affect torpedo skills... however.....

I do understand that the devs like continuity, so likely if it comes in it will effect all skills.

Perhaps this is the point where we really really need to push them on a Torpedo change.

This is my idea to make Torpedos a viable... and widely used weapon type.

Implement a Sliding scale of Bleed through on shields with less then 30% of there cap.

So Anyone that has more then 30% of there facing will still resist 75% of the torpedo dmg as it is now.

At 28%... it would drop to 73
at 26%... it would drop to 70
at 24%... it would drop to 67
at 22%... it would drop to 64
at 20%... it would drop to 60
at 18%... it would drop to 56
at 16%... it would drop to 52
at 14%... it would drop to 48
at 12%... it would drop to 44
at 10%... it would drop to 40
at 8%... it would drop to 35
at 6%... it would drop to 30
at 4%... it would drop to 25
at 2%... it would drop to 20

Something along those lines... meaning that battering a shield facing down and unloading torps will always do something useful... if a cruiser can keep there facing at the 20% mark it won't be a bunch of one shots... but it sure would make torpedos a lot more attractive. It would also mean people would be much less upset about not being able to back to back HY and Spread patterns anymore.
Because as it stands, in pvp, one can heal their shields way too fast for the torpedoes to hit the hull. That means you lose 75% of the damage (and even higher with resists) with even 1% shields.

I know there's transphasics and the breen set. I have a b'rel and t'varo torpedo boat, but that wasn't the point of my post in this thread.
Career Officer
# 60
09-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
the debuff is cleared with sci team, and the buff is cleared with snb.

That's avoiding the main point.

The point is that SNB's buff strip is unresistable.

That's the most powerful effect anyway, the CD reduction is just a kick to the jewels while the target is already down.

In a better designed environment you wouldn't need 2 or sometimes 3 guys to chain cast a complete and full buff strip on a single target in 10s to score a kill - so I'm not actually in favor of nerfing SNB ... now.

On the other hand, SNB should really not be a complete trump card vs. nearly every other captain skill held by Tac & Eng.

Quote:
Well as half joking as some of us are ... we are all painfuly aware... that 5 sci in a premade is better then 4.

In light of all tac buffs being turned into pressure skills.... and the only way to spike being comboing up things that work in very hit or miss ways... it seems the most sure fire way to ensure people die is simply being able to quadruple nuke if need be.
It's sad, and it is a half joke, but I do agree with you.