Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 401
09-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
Oh really? I like to see how you solo Hive Onslaught Elite. Better still, I shall enjoying seeing the Queen adding you to her Collective, LOL!
Lol that made me crack a smile. Those implants are not aesthetically pleasing to my already borked looks lol

But I wonder what Insta Vaping the borg Queen will bring. Highest Single crit I have got for a boss is 172k on ISS Stedl in mirror invasion, Vanished , vaped , vamooshed, vapourised
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)

Last edited by g0h4n4; 09-11-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Captain
# 402
09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
is it even beam overload (stupid lack of link between dps potential & power drain aside)of is it how eptx & batteries work?
eg,
if eptX power level boost wasnt near instant, but subject to the ships power rebuild/transfer rate,

and batteries,
rather than a timed device, where items that added a set amount of power to a system that was simply 'used' as an actual battery functions.
Something I had suggested before, would be to treat EPtX like "emergency transfer", such that you basically get a gain in power on the targeted subsystem by taking a short-term loss in all other susbystems. Something like +15 in the affected subsystem, with -5 in the other three. If you are running two of them, say EPtS and EPtW, then after all the additions and subtractions you are going to end up with +10 in shields and weapons, and -10 in engines and aux. This is because there is no pool for emergency power, so the only place it can come from (other than "thin air") is from the other subsystems, which is appropriate for "emergency" powers.

I'd also like to see all of the Aux-to-whatever consume aux power.
Captain
# 403
09-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
This is because there is no pool for emergency power, so the only place it can come from (other than "thin air") is from the other subsystems, which is appropriate for "emergency" powers.

I'd also like to see all of the Aux-to-whatever consume aux power.
quite, the power bar is lacking a reserve power/fuel meter to fill out its function rather than starship mana potions.

would also help if carriers had their hangers powered seperatly from aux, since any offencive abilities associated with aux are utterly screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Commander
# 404
09-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Hell man, the man spoke sense :0

+1 to this.....
You cant deny it was the most efficient way to kill when done right.

Yes Strike, we will adapt andp pursue new ways, until those are nerfed too, and so on and so on.

Until the last ability we can possibly make kills with (ramming speed , abandon ship) are nerfed and we all go *fireworks* and blow ourselves up
Career Officer
# 405
09-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Y
Yes Strike, we will adapt andp pursue new ways, until those are nerfed too, and so on and so on.

Basically, yes.

Adapt and pursue the next, lesser, method.

Or eventually cave in and use every 1-click wonder console

Captain
# 406
09-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
You cant deny it was the most efficient way to kill when done right.

Until the last ability we can possibly make kills with (ramming speed , abandon ship) are nerfed and we all go *fireworks* and blow ourselves up
Ramming speed was nerfed during/after season 1.

Anyone remember the super rams of old? Good times.

Abandon ship was also needed shortly after the foundry got released.

Missions where you died, warp core explodes causing chaining explosions... Good times. It also got nerfed where you have to be under 50% hull to use it and it can't damage friendlies. I remember a time going to ESD was a scary thing in a starter ship... All the vets blowing themselves up at the spawn point for the map killing anyone go came in...

Good times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Ensign
Now I have not read the whole thread but from what I can summarize is that BO-DT is too powerfull, yet quite a few see it justified because of the large heal power in the game. As probably many of you know there are boff abilities out there to counter cloak and alphas. example: cpb, tb, aceton beam, sensorscan (with doff), gravwell and last but not least passive stealth sight with certain abilities that enhance it.

We can all agree that Sci Control needs a buff maybe even a complete overhall (especially stealth sight). so why nerf/change tactical abilities or healing when the devs now have the chance to create some balance in pvp by giving the Sci Controll the overhaul/buff it has been waiting for....

just my opinion....
why nerf something when other factors have not even been fixed or enhanced to the current gameplay ?
Lt. Commander
# 408
09-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Yes, and I'm trying to bring to your attention the fact that all we have is a 5s window.

All it takes is 1 second to kill a player, leaving bop players a free 4 seconds to smoke their victory cigar

With the amount of bleedthrough doffs (BO stacking) and criticals ...it is now possible to kill a player with 75% shield resistence no matter if you have TSS + TT + RSP or eptS all working together, since a specially equipped bop or romulan spiker can shoot through that tough shield exterior without blanching with ease.... granted it requires timing and precision for a bop spiker but then again it requires defending players an equal amount of ...say 10 shield buffs and heal buffs to defend a op spike dmg attack in a single second....

oh wait ...that's right it doesn't work anymore since bleedthrough is so bad..that those spikers will penetrate your heavily defended shields regardless..... take it from me, having over 10 defensive buffs readily when minimax used his spike on me....well it was a surprise when his attack ignored my shields and popped my 60k hull boat inside a second despite the fact i had rsp III + TSS II + TT II + and Rotate shield frequency with high auxiliary power active...much to my disgust
Captain
# 409
09-12-2013, 08:44 AM
But still

This may be a Fix for PvP

What about PvE BO is a joke skill
Beam users only have one special attack BFAW

BO needs 4 or 5 attacks one behind another like the Romulan singularity core give romulans as part of there warp core....Hello McFly !!!

Beams also need a rapid fire against one target so beam users get the same proc chance a cannon user gets using CRF

The game needs more than one weapon type

Equal but differnt.....cant be that hard
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Commander
# 410
09-12-2013, 08:44 AM
yea because shield res is the only res we have in the game. right?

**facepalm