Rihannsu
# 21
09-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
What I'd really like right about now is some kind of check to make sure the enemies that spawn for an exploration mission make sense in context. I'm data farming in the B'Tran Cluster and just got a mission hook that said the Borg have been arming rebels.

I'm like, "That's not possible: the Borg aren't that subtle."
I've heard rumors that the B'Tran variants can include the Borg looking for lost relics of their 5th dynasty, or something like that...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 22
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Don't you just love copypastas? They are so fun!

But seriously, a little context would help. Immersion goes a long way in making a game last longer. If only they added in other things to make STO more Star Trek like, ie the interaction between crew memebers and senior staff, then the game would seem five or maybe ten times better.

"Look at me I'm a target!"
"Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
"How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
My proposal for a Galaxy bundle
Lieutenant
# 23
09-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Lol.

Odd this should come up now as after not having done any for a year or so I've decided to start doing them again to complete the accolades and help me get some of the 'Kill 1000 xxxxxx's ' accolades whilst gettin some dilithium thrown in for the daily.

My biggest qualms -

Ground - you usually have to actually get to the planet first, through broad empty space, which can take minutes. why not quicken it like Qo'nos is?

Ground - Never any respawn points on the 'kill 5 sets' missions, you die on the last one and have to run through the whole damn maze base again.

Space - All your sensors can pick up is bloody data samples! Why not tweak that so they also pick up the enemy you have to kill?
Rihannsu
# 24
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1884 View Post
Lol.

Odd this should come up now as after not having done any for a year or so I've decided to start doing them again to complete the accolades and help me get some of the 'Kill 1000 xxxxxx's ' accolades whilst gettin some dilithium thrown in for the daily.

My biggest qualms -

Ground - you usually have to actually get to the planet first, through broad empty space, which can take minutes. why not quicken it like Qo'nos is?
Hmm... I occupy my time by scanning data samples. there's usually 4 in the pre-ground space maps.
Quote:
Ground - Never any respawn points on the 'kill 5 sets' missions, you die on the last one and have to run through the whole damn maze base again.
yeah that would be nic eto have tweaked.
Quote:
Space - All your sensors can pick up is bloody data samples! Why not tweak that so they also pick up the enemy you have to kill?
yeah all missions are like that...

EDIT: here's a few more missions logged:
Hromifed)
1:
Discover Ship's Fate: (System Gamma Coronae DS-436)
-Scan Vessel(Dalankrit)
-scan more wrecks(2)
-scan for antiprotons(2)

2:
Relief effort: (System K105-M)
-Aid the planet: (Pirx, 10 comm arrays)
NOTE: I got 100 dip xp for this

3:
Investigate planet: System J-876
-Approach planet
Alien Defense Artifacts: Planet Zeta Kappa 377
-examine one artifact
-artifacts disabled(4)

4:
Investigate Planet: System Lambda Draconis IO-441
-Approach Planet
Deposits investigation: Planet Rho Horologii 0442-Xi
-investigate deposit
-decalithium deposits investigated(4)
NOTE: I got 100 dip xp for this
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 09-12-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Rihannsu
# 25
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Now I'm actually thinking about making a serious effort to list all of the misison variants you can get in exploration clusters.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!