Career Officer
# 1 Herpa Derp with tal
09-12-2013, 11:56 AM
hey guys n gals, its me again needed some suggestions.

1) my sci rom

i just dont know what to do with it. atm its in a hanomnomnom

2) my fed tac in a fleet defiant. it packs a lot of punch... but i am absolutely terrible at piloting it, keeping things in arc not blowing up etc. what did you folks do? im so used to cruisers

3) fleet ambassador/fleet excelsior: atm have an engi in it for pew pew grinding. 6 phased tetryeon beam arrays, 1 cluster torp, 1 tractor mine. how do i add some more oomph or whatever to it. its aux2bat with faw 3,2. tt1. epts1, epte1, au2bat1 (x2), rsp2, dem3. he1, st2. specced into flow caps

4) going to make a kdf sci to toss into a fleet varanus. suggestions for race?
im just all sorts of derpy it seems today.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Rihannsu
# 2
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
hey guys n gals, its me again needed some suggestions.

1) my sci rom

i just dont know what to do with it. atm its in a hanomnomnom
I enjoy my Sci/Ha'Nom on occation. Though my build is FAR from perfect. I enjoy trying to be a Cloaked ship that finds enemy cloaked ships.

Though my Sci/Scimitar does more damage and feels more effective at times, I can't help but enjoy the Sci/Ha'nom.

Don't know what advice I could give.. Since most of the help I got in that area come from DDIS or others (Because I'm forgetful and can't remember other names atm)..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2013, 12:52 PM
hm how about a dd healboat witha sci?
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Well, if you are wanting a bit more smack from your eng fahcr for pve grinding, i would suggest the following:

Ditch the tets for polaron crth crtdx2 beams: 7 + kcb.

Ltc tac: tt1, apb1, faw3
Com eng: eps1, a2b1, epw3, dem3
Lt eng: epe1, a2b1
Ens eng: et1
Lt sci: he1, tss2 or ph1, he2..iprefer the first for pve grinding.

For consoles, eng: borg, tachy/rcs, zeropoint, elachi crit if you have it/ leech
Sci: field gen, dealers choice

4 polaron tac

I run 2 pc borg plus elite res shield, fleet amp core

But thats my usual pve grind beam build... it tosses the hurt to those poor npcs pretty effectively.
---------------------------------------------
Unabashed Ker'rat Junkie
Derrick - Fed Eng
Der'rick - KDF Tac
Captain
# 5
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
i run my sci in a fleet dhelan. the uni slot i use for lt sci. i run a full dps build gear wise, and a full support healer spec powers wise, and switch to all aux to crossheal, and back for dps and subnuking hocus pocus.

also have a ltcomm boff with CC powers if needed, but i usually keep my one with tss3 and so on in

so its kinda flexible and situational. i like it, but its a pain to actually fly, cause youre always flipping power around (unless you have an aux battery active)

the best perk of it, imo, is that is has the whole dr jekyll mr hyde feel to it. youll get some tacscort trying to attack it, and it tanks it out... the guy must think its a dedicated healer right... then you flip to all weapons power, turn and burn with subnuke and respectable spike dps.

love it.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 09-12-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Commander
# 6
09-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Of course, sci spam tvaro with transphasics!
# 7
09-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrlehn View Post
Well, if you are wanting a bit more smack from your eng fahcr for pve grinding, i would suggest the following:

Ditch the tets for polaron crth crtdx2 beams: 7 + kcb.

Ltc tac: tt1, apb1, faw3
Com eng: eps1, a2b1, epw3, dem3
Lt eng: epe1, a2b1
Ens eng: et1
Lt sci: he1, tss2 or ph1, he2..iprefer the first for pve grinding.

For consoles, eng: borg, tachy/rcs, zeropoint, elachi crit if you have it/ leech
Sci: field gen, dealers choice

4 polaron tac

I run 2 pc borg plus elite res shield, fleet amp core

But thats my usual pve grind beam build... it tosses the hurt to those poor npcs pretty effectively.
If this is for PvE then epe1 I would switch out for epw1 and stick rsp or extend shields instead of epw3. Reasoning is you get a 100% uptime on shields and weapon buff and can put something in for support or survivability. You also don't run into useless ensign syndrome as much. I find it's generally hard to die as an engineer in A2B builds so I would go extend shields, your team mates will love you for it.

I also would switch FAW3 with APB2 and use FAW2. If you have a damage parser try both of them and see what comes out ontop for you, will be heavily reliant on your attack patterns skill level though.

As for KDF, I always go orion as they get more costume options even if it is just mildly sl***y to complete w***e. If you're looking for specific traits etc I guess alien or joined trill might be best but I think others might have better ideas.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
4) going to make a kdf sci to toss into a fleet varanus. suggestions for race?
im just all sorts of derpy it seems today.
Unless you want an Alien for the traits, I'd suggest keeping it fluffy and rolling a Gorn - after all it is a Gorn design. You can't go wrong with a humanoid dinosaur.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-13-2013, 08:12 AM
your fed tac is in a defiant? i guess the defiant is pretty outdated atm, u will do a lot better in a fleet patrol or for instance a steamrunner with aux2damp build is also a great combo if you have this ship!

if i may show u an example of an actual steamrunner build:

CMD TAC: Rf 3, ApO 1, Mine pattern beta, tt 1

LtCMD TAC: ApO 1, Rf 1, tt 1

Lt ENG: EptS 1, Aux2Damp 1

Lt ENG: EptS 1, Rsp 1

Ens SCI: Haz 1

Doffs:

- 3x purple shield distribution officers (u will need the additional shield heal becuz of the lack of sci boff
stations)

- 1x aux2damp doff

- 1x warp core engineer (kel'el) chance to clear debuffs when activating eptX abilities)

Ship equipment:

Eng slots: 2x enhanced fleet neutronium with turn rate trait, 1x assmilated module, 1x plasmonic leech

Sci slots: 1x tachyokinetic converter, 1x zero-point console

a ship which has a turn rate of 65 degree per second with aux2damp and loads of hull resistance approx. 50% with aux2damp and decent dps.

u cant keep ur targeting arc in ur actual ship? what do u mean with it precisely? do u have enough turn rate on ur ship? are u using "follow target" as camera settings?

Regards Hanni

Hannibal - Inner Circle PvP-Command

Last edited by usshannibal; 09-13-2013 at 08:16 AM.