Career Officer
Captain
# 2
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah, we know already. Disney gave him a better offer for Star Wars VII-IX.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Republic Veteran
# 3
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
well duuuuh

But whoever the next person is, Trekkies will hate him, and say he destroyed the franchise now and blah blah blah....the cycle continues

Empire Veteran
# 4
09-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Maybe there will be less lens flair and shaky cam, though.
Captain
# 5
09-12-2013, 02:53 PM
A shame.

Anyway, disagree with Neoakiraii.
Faketrekkies will hate him.
True trekkies, who keep an open mind, will not decide to hate a movie before it is being made.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Commander
# 6
09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
A shame.

Anyway, disagree with Neoakiraii.
Faketrekkies will hate him.
True trekkies, who keep an open mind, will not decide to hate a movie before it is being made.
Sounds a little like the "no true Scotsman" argument to me. Regardless, though, I do agree that the JJ-hate is a little overblown. Yes, the shaky cam and lensflares were annoying as hell, and yes, while I didn't see Into Darkness, I hear it's story suffered a lot from...well, being poorly written. But that being said, I actually liked the first Star Trek reboot (not the greatest thing ever, but still enjoyable), and seeing as it's all taking place in an alternate timeline, I tend not to worry about any poorly-written crappyness affecting the main universe.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-12-2013, 03:29 PM
JJ I don't have much of a problem with. Orci on the other hand, I would not be sad at all if they replaced him.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Captain
# 8
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
JJ I don't have much of a problem with. Orci on the other hand, I would not be sad at all if they replaced him.
Which is unfortunate, as Orci is a Promoted Fanboy...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Whoever directs/writes the next Star Trek movie is a terrible choice.

I much prefer the rich, oscar-winning script material firmly established in such masterpieces such as Star Trek V.

Or even the true Star Trek where it was all about science and not action, such as Star Trek II where strict adherance to science was taken seriously, such as Starfleet easily mistaking Ceti Alpha V as Ceti Alpha VI despite advanced scientific efforts like the ability to count. Or Star Trek IV where the deeply explored scientific elements of the Whale Probe were firmly established and revealed in the movie.

I long for the days of Star Trek movies that had a rich and diverse array of plot elements not all centered around revenge. Like Star Trek II, Star Trek VI, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis.

Alas, it is not meant to be. We are forced to endure the poor casting choices like a white englishman such as Benedict Cumberbatch to play a Sikh despite not having a beard and turban such as the Sikh culture requires. Unlike Ricardo Montalban who was from India and who had a beard and turban while playing Khan Noonien Singh in both Space Seed and the Wrath of Khan, to faithfully portray a Sikh.

Truly, the New Star Trek will never live up to the cinematic perfection which was every Star Trek movie before then.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 10
09-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Whoever directs/writes the next Star Trek movie is a terrible choice.

I much prefer the rich, oscar-winning script material firmly established in such masterpieces such as Star Trek V.

Or even the true Star Trek where it was all about science and not action, such as Star Trek II where strict adherance to science was taken seriously, such as Starfleet easily mistaking Ceti Alpha V as Ceti Alpha VI despite advanced scientific efforts like the ability to count. Or Star Trek IV where the deeply explored scientific elements of the Whale Probe were firmly established and revealed in the movie.

I long for the days of Star Trek movies that had a rich and diverse array of plot elements not all centered around revenge. Like Star Trek II, Star Trek VI, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis.

Alas, it is not meant to be. We are forced to endure the poor casting choices like a white englishman such as Benedict Cumberbatch to play a Sikh despite not having a beard and turban such as the Sikh culture requires. Unlike Ricardo Montalban who was from India and who had a beard and turban while playing Khan Noonien Singh in both Space Seed and the Wrath of Khan, to faithfully portray a Sikh.

Truly, the New Star Trek will never live up to the cinematic perfection which was every Star Trek movie before then.
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thanks.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q