Career Officer
I was looking at the Romulan c-store ships and was wondering why it keeps saying the D'deridex refit is available to purchase.

I used my RA2 or VA token to purchase it.

I'm confused as to why it would keep saying I could purchase the ship again.
And if I already have it, why would I need to?

Yes, I know it's an account unlock, but seeing as I will only have one Romulan, it's a waste of money.

And honestly, if you make another Romulan, they can just claim it the same way.

Can you smell that?

It's the scent of conjob, mixed in with scam and just a hint of gullibility.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-12-2013, 04:28 PM
AFIK If you bought her with your VA Token doesn't count as account unlock, nor count for the fleet modules discount
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Captain
# 3
09-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserkacto View Post
AFIK If you bought her with your VA Token doesn't count as account unlock, nor count for the fleet modules discount
This is correct.

Using your VA Token don't count as a sale - thus the ship is still available for sale to anyone who used the Token.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 4
09-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Okay, I don't get the logic of that.

For a discount on 4xFleet Modules, you're expected to spend as much as the Fleet Modules themselves cost?

Thereby doubling the price.

I'd just buy the Fleet Modules and ignore the C-Store ship!
Captain
# 5
09-17-2013, 07:23 AM
If you buy the DD from the C-Store you get it for $20.00. You can then buy a Fleet version for $5.00 more (1 module). If you make a second Romulan you can buy another Fleet version for only $5.00 more. If you didn't buy the C-Store version each character would need to get the 4 Modules - meaning a potential cost of $40.00.

Plus not all Fleets are at the appropriate Tier to get a Fleet DD. Buying the C-Store version gives you a nice DD until your Fleet is able to hit the appropriate Tier so that you can buy a Fleet version for $5.00 more.

Your VA Token is not a purchase. It's just a free ship. It gives no discounts for the Fleet version. If you have no desire to have the Fleet version the Token is just fine. If you plan on having a Rom who used multiple ships you might get more bang from buying the C-Store version and save your Token for something else.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 09-17-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you for explaining.
$25 is more acceptible then $40.

And no, I don't plan on using multiple ships.
I'm not even using the D'Deridex I bought with the token.

I bought the Scimitar triple pack and am using one of those.
That's the only ship I need.