Republic Veteran
# 11
09-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Whoever directs/writes the next Star Trek movie is a terrible choice.

I much prefer the rich, oscar-winning script material firmly established in such masterpieces such as Star Trek V.

Or even the true Star Trek where it was all about science and not action, such as Star Trek II where strict adherance to science was taken seriously, such as Starfleet easily mistaking Ceti Alpha V as Ceti Alpha VI despite advanced scientific efforts like the ability to count. Or Star Trek IV where the deeply explored scientific elements of the Whale Probe were firmly established and revealed in the movie.

I long for the days of Star Trek movies that had a rich and diverse array of plot elements not all centered around revenge. Like Star Trek II, Star Trek VI, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis.

Alas, it is not meant to be. We are forced to endure the poor casting choices like a white englishman such as Benedict Cumberbatch to play a Sikh despite not having a beard and turban such as the Sikh culture requires. Unlike Ricardo Montalban who was from India and who had a beard and turban while playing Khan Noonien Singh in both Space Seed and the Wrath of Khan, to faithfully portray a Sikh.

Truly, the New Star Trek will never live up to the cinematic perfection which was every Star Trek movie before then.
1,000 internets to you sir.

Career Officer
# 12
09-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, JJ is doing star wars...It's better than having the director of the "Pirates of the amusement -park-ride" butchering the franchise.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Technically the way the 2nd one played out its open ended for what the 3rd could be about since the change for the most part since there's no son and theres no genesis lol. So you cannot possibly copy and paste that one in what would have been the 3rd JJ verse.
Commander
# 14
09-12-2013, 09:31 PM
i would like to see wesley snipes, micheal doron, and Eddie Murphy all play klingons trying to make peace with the federation but they have to ask for jame t kirk's help against fight the duras family from actually taking an offencive again starfleet or the federation in star trek 13. Eddie Murphy would be kinda hard to write for as a funny klingon. micheal dorn could play the grand father to worf son of mouge. wesley snipes could be a super strong and fast human/klingon hybirde with a strong mistrust for the duras family. also star trek 13 really needs to have the conventional science exploration mission too even may be a mission where the elder has to actually show new james t kirk the service records of the prime james t kirk's career records to safe complete a mision also to give a boot in new james t kirk's ass to be a tiny bit less over the top with bending the rules
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I wonder what JJ will do now that he can legitimately put R2-D2 into a film.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-12-2013, 10:17 PM
I was amazed at how long it took me to realise that the JJ in JJ Abrams stood for Jar Jar.
Captain
# 17
09-12-2013, 10:58 PM
When Trek III is released, I suspect the fan base reaction will be like what happened with Doctor Who...

"I hate RTD!!! Always putting in unnecessary gay references!!! I wish someone else was producing, Stephen Moffat's good!!!"

*Time Passes...*

"AAAAAARRRRGH, THIS IS F**KING S**T!!! Moffat's totally lost it, I wish RTD was back in charge!!!!"

I suspect people will pray for JJ's return...

PS: That was me... I got so sick of RTD's self-indulgence that it spoiled my enjoyment of the stuff he wrote, but Stephen Moffat, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan screwed things up so badly, I just stopped watching altogether...
Captain
# 18
09-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Sounds a little like the "no true Scotsman" argument to me.
It is. Oh it is.

A shame JJ isn't doing Trek any more. I would have LMAO if there was a Trek/Wars crossover movie. And loved every second of it, despite not being a Wars fan.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 19
09-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Apparently he's not walking away altogether as he'll still be the producer
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 20
09-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Sorry JJ Abrams.

Liked "Wrath of Khan" better the first time around. Errors and all. Would have been better off doing an original story than trying to do a hackjob on the best Star Trek movie to date. Star Trek in 2009 was entertaining, despite some irritations. But the last one, meh.

Miss him? After the last movie, no, not really, at least for Star Trek. Curious to see what he does with Star Wars though. Star Wars movies have been irreverently run into the dirt by the prequels, and IMO are rock bottom. It can't possibly get any worse. The only direction it CAN go is up. Right?