Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Captain
# 11
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM
This whole system needs a pretty simple change:

When fail/disaster chances are both zero, a success trait should add to the crit chance. So crit chances don't soar, just give a 1% crit bonus in these cases.

This fixes this whole problem with; officers who know what they are doing and are good at it suck more than some other random officer.

Last edited by lucho80; 09-08-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Ensign
# 12
09-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Agreed. This weird effect is still in effect.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/ulriktham/TribbleWafflesgoldtrPNG.png
Captain
# 13
09-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeaglex View Post
This makes the new miner doffs at the mine a lot less appealing. If you DO buy them, you are pretty much guaranteed NO crit on the mission.
Wrong. Success traits only lower crit chance if fail/disaster chance is already zero. You can't reduce fail chance of the mine assignments to 0% even with 3 purple miners.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, that's the way Heretic programmed it to work. Bort has talked about maybe, possibly changing it but that's the way it is for now.
Just as a small bit of insight, the reason this has not already been done is because it's a case-by-case adjustment. We have to modify each Doff Assignment by hand, rather than being able to apply a global modifier of any sort.

And so, the task would be very time-consuming. We'd still like to clean it up, but it's fairly simple to workaround, so hasn't been considered highly critical.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 15
09-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Just as a small bit of insight, the reason this has not already been done is because it's a case-by-case adjustment. We have to modify each Doff Assignment by hand, rather than being able to apply a global modifier of any sort.

And so, the task would be very time-consuming. We'd still like to clean it up, but it's fairly simple to workaround, so hasn't been considered highly critical.
Ah, I see. Would it be possible to make new misisons that you add in the near future work that way?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:

Sounds like a job for Internman! Flying low under the radar, just hoping to one day land a job, tedious is his middle name, and menial repetitive carpal tunnel inducing tasks is his game!
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Career Officer
# 17
09-11-2013, 05:47 AM
first this is an immersion problem, not a math problem.

the problem is that if success is 100% and the "profession"... lets say a Bartender is slotted for Success, then everything but a Bartender with Crit stats will yield better results.
In reality that would make no sense ever.

2 Simple solutions i can think of:

#1 do not make the "Bartender"-Profession a Success but a Crit stat.

or

#2 do not allow anything but a "Bartender" to be slotted. Make the profession a requirement. In this case it makes sense to be a requirement for the mission, so technically the odd math/immersion thing still happens behind the screen ( = you get the lower stats ) but the Player will never actually SEE it since he can't slot another profession.

of course option #2 would result in worse chances for every player and i would consider that solution a NERF (the last thing the DOff System needs right now is a wave of nerf complaints, so maybe doing nothing about it might be best... it has been around long enough as it is anyway), buffing the crit chances for those assignments to counteract the nerf might be a good idea [if that is technically even possible on a per assignment basis with the current options?].
Career Officer
# 18
09-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:

Sounds like too much work in the near term to fix that, but the first officer recommendations could definitely use a more complex decision process than more success = good! It really need to factor and weight the benefits of a critical. I would think that is a relatively minor client change, and would greatly lower the barrier for people getting into Doffing, most people get too confused by this concept as it is.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Ensign
# 19
09-12-2013, 11:26 PM
heres a fix the first score raises success then the crit raises it from there example if security officer bob has one crit skill and the mission runs a 40% fail 50 % success and a 10% crit assigning bob will change to a 20 % fail 60 % success and a 20 % crit. with the crit bonus beind applied after the success