Captain
# 31
09-13-2013, 05:36 AM
I also agree with what most people have said so far, I don't think representing the player's character son is a good idea. Gender, race, backstory, straigth or not.... There is a lot of reasons for that.
Except if you use some twist to add it, I'm thinking about the Doctor's daughter, a Doctor Who episode, where his DNA is used to make a young woman (kind of cloning), which is close enough to be considered his daughter. She is considered her daughter. In STO, you can say the player adopt a kid, for some reason (diplomacy, kid was alone, whatever), and then consider him his son. Or meet some alien race that makes a child from his DNA, and the kid look like them instead of the player.

However, you'll still face people that will not like to have a child "forced" upon them. I know I will not like it, my character have backstories, and I wouldn't like someone else modifying those stories.

As for the request, I agree it is lacking. I was thinking about a mission bringing the player in the future, in an unknown place quickly revealed as a post apocalyptic academy. Using fog, and debris to confuse the player, until he can see the golden gate or whatever. Something like Planet of the Apes (the movie), or the Enterprise episode with Archer going into a devastated future.
Empire Veteran
# 32
09-13-2013, 07:57 AM
I think I might like this foundry mission I have yet to play all of the oddysey series(stopped at the caitian mission) but I'll be finishing it eventually. Also it probably be better to make a custom map since I think you could just say that the ceremony took place someone else.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Captain
# 33
09-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I really really want that map in the foundry! I was planning on doing a time travel mission and dress up the academy to look like it was in the tos era. Plus it could be used as an undine training facility like it was in Voyager or um this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Justice_(episode). Incidentally it is a real location: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Till...lamation_Plant
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 09-13-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Captain
# 34
09-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I did a little checking. Starfleet Academy may not be available as a blank map (yet?), but we do get it as a Cryptic Map. You can use it as a mission starting point with "Contact" and "Interact with Object" objectives.

Apart from that? As Chakotay once said, "Be creative!"
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 09-14-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Captain
# 35
09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Another hiccup is that the Academy cadet uniform is not in the foundry either.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 36
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Another hiccup is that the Academy cadet uniform is not in the foundry either.
No, but there are several premades, and let me do some experimenting because there might be a workaround.

EDIT: Yep, that's what I thought. The top half of the Academy uniform is just a recolor of the TNG: "All Good Things..." uniform, which we do have. Make the top part blue, the ribbon tac red/eng yellow/sci blue, and the bottom part black. The rest is pants and shoes on a male, and a skirt and Academy Heels on a female.

Consider yourself lucky. I didn't have anything close to that when I wanted Bajoran Militia or Section 31 NPCs.

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!

Last edited by starswordc; 09-15-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Captain
# 37
09-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Let me know if you find a workaround because it is kind of boring only having a few cadets to choose from.

Captain
# 38
09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
See my edit to post #36.

Commander
# 39
09-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I think I might like this foundry mission I have yet to play all of the oddysey series(stopped at the caitian mission) but I'll be finishing it eventually. Also it probably be better to make a custom map since I think you could just say that the ceremony took place someone else.
Don't rush yourself. Do to time available, it will be a while before Phase 1 (aka episode 1) is published.