Ensign
# 1 Character Costume Slots
09-13-2013, 10:57 AM
As a new player, and one who is in a fleet, I am under the impression that I can have 3 costume slots. What exactly counts as a costume slot? When I go to the tailor and pull up my character there is only one preview window. Should I see 3 here? Or, as is more likely the case, I'm misunderstanding yet another aspect of the game.
Lieutenant
# 2
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
There should be a "Create" button at the bottom of the screen for making new costumes.
Ensign
# 3
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not at my system right now so I can't confirm, but I don't think I have that option. Someone else told me that in-game but I only could Modify the existing one.
Career Officer
# 4
09-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Are you a member of a fleet? As I recall you have to join a fleet to get the fleet costume and off duty costume slots,
Ensign
# 5
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Are you a member of a fleet? As I recall you have to join a fleet to get the fleet costume and off duty costume slots,
Yes, I am, but I've never seen more than the 1 preview slot, which is why I'm wondering if I should see more there, or if all 3 slots I should have are somehow tied to the one preview.
Career Officer
# 6
09-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Even if you are not in a fleet, you should still have the "create" button available if you have only one costume slot opened. This will allow you to create a second costume, and after some time, the "off-duty" will become available. The third costume slot should also open on "create" and in the "uniform" tab, the top option will allow you to select the fleet's uniform...

Look for your "create" button, as this will likely solve your problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwelaughingtrendy
Virtually our virtuous captains are victorious over vicious Undine vessels from viscous space.
Ensign
# 7
09-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm14916 View Post
Even if you are not in a fleet, you should still have the "create" button available if you have only one costume slot opened. This will allow you to create a second costume, and after some time, the "off-duty" will become available. The third costume slot should also open on "create" and in the "uniform" tab, the top option will allow you to select the fleet's uniform...

Now that I think about it, I even spent Zen to buy 2 costume slots, and I even made an off-duty uniform at one point. However, I didn't like it so I deleted it and some others. Is it possible that I permanently deleted my costume slots? I'm thinking now that if I bought 2 I should have 5. Did I make a big uh-oh?
Career Officer
# 8
09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm14916 View Post

Thanks for clarifying that. I rarely get more than one costume so my memory on how it worked was a little fuzzy on the subject.
Captain
# 9
09-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreymgeorge View Post
Yes, I am, but I've never seen more than the 1 preview slot, which is why I'm wondering if I should see more there, or if all 3 slots I should have are somehow tied to the one preview.
No, you don't have a preview for empty costume slots. When you finish creating a costume, then it adds its preview window to the tailor screen.
Captain
# 10
09-13-2013, 01:57 PM
To piggy-back on this, I bought two slots when they went on sale (forgetting I purchased two more previously). So now I have 5 slots I can see, but I have "3 additional" costume slots available. yet every time I try to create a costume I do not see more than 5 slots on the menu.

So, is 5 the maximum costume slots I can see?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene