Ensign
# 1 StarFleet Academy
09-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Why not have an option somewhere, to have a option, lecture at the Academy. The new cadets, with multiple questions, and answers. Maybe even to new members as well. A collection of them, either, about missions done. How to do them, whatever. With that multiple question and answer during. Collection of new people just started, have option to do this, or just the cadets in class at Earth Space Dock. Whatever. I don't know how other people think. Andy.
Commander
# 2
09-13-2013, 11:16 AM
now THAT would be a cool idea!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-13-2013, 01:33 PM
mhm yeah nice idea. I think of an event like the Mirror Universe Incursion. It periodically appear in the PVE Queue. Need 10 lvl 10- player and 1 VA player. The VA player need to answer all the questions in time (like the lore questions).
The VA player guides the new cadets through the academy, on certain points, he needs to explain something (he needs to choose the right answer in time, the cadets need to choose if he is right or not). It rewards Dili and expertise. An alternative for the lore mission.
Captain
# 4
09-13-2013, 03:03 PM
So, daily event where player characters act as basically guest lecturers? It'd be a good replacement for that mind-numbingly grindy Academy Event, at least.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 5
09-13-2013, 09:34 PM
What about a way for an experienced player to hold a question and answer session with new players in a classroom at SA. Player at VA goes to the classroom and then the new players say lvl 10 and under show up to ask questions. Could also be set to work with all levels. Maybe set a topic of discussion for the class? Accolade (Professor) and Dilithium reward for a set amount of time in the classroom? Would be a great way to help new players .

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 and S9 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Captain
# 6
09-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
So, daily event where player characters act as basically guest lecturers? It'd be a good replacement for that mind-numbingly grindy Academy Event, at least.
This is what I was thinking. Answer a series of <20+>questions for a dilithium payment.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
# 7
09-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I believe you can already send your duty officers to Starfleet Academy to give lectures. Some duty officers simply have more fun than the Captain.
Captain
# 8
09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I believe you can already send your duty officers to Starfleet Academy to give lectures. Some duty officers simply have more fun than the Captain.
I sent all those duty officers out of the airlock. I will NOT have them ruining my fun.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc