Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
After my search, I saw this is not a new request, but the fact remains the same. We need a PvP leaver penalty like the one we have for STFs. The "log off before you die then log right back in" thing has become pretty popular lately and so has just plain leaving a match if you're losing. And it sucks. Can we has?
Career Officer
# 2
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Ah, another Christmas List wish.

Santa not only doesn't care about you, but he just gave the Kirk kid next door an N64...
Career Officer
# 3
09-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Luckily I haven't seen any loggers lately but they should get a week ban from the game.

Lag issues are 1 thing.

Purposely logging to avoid getting killed is worse than any spam or other broken mechanics in the game.
Captain
# 4
09-13-2013, 02:25 PM
I haven't seen loggers much since subspace integration circuit was nerfed, and it was kind of justified back when it was broken lol.

As for leavers all you can do is try to be more sporting in 1 sided matches. Instead of just continuing with merciless slaughter, if its 8-0 and other team has lots of inexperienced people I sometimes sit out for awhile, also I like to wait for the other team to regroup and try to get my team to do that. Also if you are already winning, stop using cheese consoles, it just adds insult to injury if its 10-0 stomp and you are all still spamming ams, sic, and tif on the other team. If the match isn't fun for both sides people might leave, no surprise. Losing can still be fun as long as its not a complete slaughter, unfortunatley to many short sited PVPers only care about their stats and not about being a good sport.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 5
09-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I haven't seen loggers much since subspace integration circuit was nerfed, and it was kind of justified back when it was broken lol.

As for leavers all you can do is try to be more sporting in 1 sided matches. Instead of just continuing with merciless slaughter, if its 8-0 and other team has lots of inexperienced people I sometimes sit out for awhile, also I like to wait for the other team to regroup and try to get my team to do that. Also if you are already winning, stop using cheese consoles, it just adds insult to injury if its 10-0 stomp and you are all still spamming ams, sic, and tif on the other team. If the match isn't fun for both sides people might leave, no surprise. Losing can still be fun as long as its not a complete slaughter, unfortunatley to many short sited PVPers only care about their stats and not about being a good sport.
This, very much this. You hit the nail right on the head Marc. It would also make premade teams that queue up just to spawn camp far too unbearable. You are faced with the choice of sitting though a 15-30 (60 in ground assault) kill spawn camp or beaming out to try another PvP match. If you add a leaver penalty all you do is help ******* spawn campers hold their victims into the match.
Commander
# 6
09-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Good call, I'm gettin sick of the 5v4's, 5v3's 4v5's 2v5's etc

Last time 5v4 and they cried it was unfair, well ok sure its bad, and we said soryr for your loss but instead of keep going like a man just warp out because you cant find against the odds.

kkthx
Commander
# 7
09-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:

Well man you must be lucky or maybe I just play too much as I see them every night. What your sayin, I totally agree with and it would be great if people would do this. But they won't. That's why there must be penalties. Just like in RL, where we have to have religion, laws and government to keep mofo's in line. Because it's not in people's nature to just do the right thing. They must be punished for being naughty!
Captain
# 8
09-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
Well man you must be lucky or maybe I just play too much as I see them every night. What your sayin, I totally agree with and it would be great if people would do this. But they won't. That's why there must be penalties. Just like in RL, where we have to have religion, laws and government to keep mofo's in line. Because it's not in people's nature to just do the right thing. They must be punished for being naughty!

leaver penalty will just make sure the victims have to stay to get griefed by the campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Good call, I'm gettin sick of the 5v4's, 5v3's 4v5's 2v5's etc

Last time 5v4 and they cried it was unfair, well ok sure its bad, and we said soryr for your loss but instead of keep going like a man just warp out because you cant find against the odds.

kkthx
When is the last time you took on a 5 man premade with 3 sci in wells and recluse while you were in a pug with only 4 people?
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Commander
# 9
09-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
leaver penalty will just make sure the victims have to stay to get griefed by the campers

When is the last time you took on a 5 man premade with 3 sci in wells and recluse while you were in a pug with only 4 people?
Pfft a few hours ago, well not exactly the same setup but mostly pay2win lockbox ships. No chance. Warp out? Never. Made a few kills anyway
Captain
# 10
09-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Well, 2 different viewpoints when faced with a premade, I guess.

1. Warp out to find a better match.
I rarely do this, and only when I think the enemy team is being really insufferable - I mean, premade, trashtalking and cheese all at once? That's just a bit much.

2. Stay in and try to get kills/get it over with.
What I usually do. I feel that I already waited some time for the queue to pop, so I may as well let this match count towards the daily. Charge forward! Damn the torpedoes! LEEEEEEROY JENKINS!!!!
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"