Republic Veteran
Title says it all, I tried out the Tactical Warbirds on Tribble but they didn't have the Reman skins...I'm wondering if they don't now that they made it to live?
Captain
# 2
09-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes, choices are Reman 1 and 2, Romulan 1, 2 and 3, IIRC. ANd there was a 'brown' one too (WTF, who thought *that* was a good idea?)
Captain
# 3
09-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsovereign View Post
Yes, choices are Reman 1 and 2, Romulan 1, 2 and 3, IIRC. ANd there was a 'brown' one too (WTF, who thought *that* was a good idea?)
There was a Brown Mogai in Star Trek: Nemesis.
Republic Veteran
# 4
09-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Well that's nice to know, was worried it might not be in there. Thanks for the info!
Captain
# 5
09-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
There was a Brown Mogai in Star Trek: Nemesis.
i must have seen this movie at least 50 times...i have not yet seen a brown one. They all have the dark green - blackish reman color, but certainly not brown.

*edit: after reviewing this right now, there is a this scene where one mogai gets its wing shot off, at that point the explosion is visually reflected in the material that makes it look brown, but when you first see them, both are green/black.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 09-14-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i must have seen this movie at least 50 times...i have not yet seen a brown one. They all have the dark green - blackish reman color, but certainly not brown.

*edit: after reviewing this right now, there is a this scene where one mogai gets its wing shot off, at that point the explosion is visually reflected in the material that makes it look brown, but when you first see them, both are green/black.
It was probably a bad idea to put a green and a brown ship into a green nebula in the first place.
Anyway look at this still and I think you'll see that the ship on the left is indeed brown and not green.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...p,_Nemesis.jpg
Captain
# 7
09-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It was probably a bad idea to put a green and a brown ship into a green nebula in the first place.
Anyway look at this still and I think you'll see that the ship on the left is indeed brown and not green.

i can't believe what i see^^ really looks brown-ish.
the only brown warbird i saw prior to this was the one from "a final unity" game...the first warbird was from a race affiliated with the empire.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 8
09-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post

I must've seen Nemesis at least a dozen times,... and I never noticed that brown one until you pointed it out, awesome!

I feel more "justified" now in liking my brown skinned ships.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Career Officer
# 9
09-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i can't believe what i see^^ really looks brown-ish.
the only brown warbird i saw prior to this was the one from "a final unity" game...the first warbird was from a race affiliated with the empire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post
I must've seen Nemesis at least a dozen times,... and I never noticed that brown one until you pointed it out, awesome!

I feel more "justified" now in liking my brown skinned ships.
I didn't get it when I saw the movie in cinema either and actually read about it for the first time here:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/sc...ulan_ships.htm

I sat there sratchin' my head wondering what they mean with "brown variant".

How tricky this green/brown thing is, even in real-life, I learned a couple of years ago.
I went to buy some new trousers and came by a pair of good-looking green cord trousers.
"Good" in my case says a lot because I grew up hating these things.
Anyway the pair at least LOOKED green in the shop.
At home, with sunlight coming through the window, I realized I had bought the prettiest pair of brown cord trousers I've ever seen.
Captain
# 10
09-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Argueably, the Green and Brown one is suppose to differentiate Donatra's Ship, The IRW Valdore, with Suran's ship (unnamed) which according to one count, is destoryed by the Scimitar. Different colors or configuration is often used to signify that there are multiple craft of the same space-frame in an area, and to prevent the audience from mistakenly comming to the conclusion that a ship with an importaint character was destoyed.