Starfleet Veteran
# 61
09-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Fortunately he is keeping his hand in as Producer.

I'm pretty sure the Director will be following his cues.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Rihannsu
# 62
09-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
THE MAN WHO RUINED MY LIFE HAS LEFT!

MAY HE NEVER SET HIS EYES ON STAR TREK FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE!
Other than the fact he has not left and is still executive producer, I hope you are not being serious in any way. If he ruined your life by two films set in an alternate universe then you might want to re-evaluate your life.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 63
09-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gholendhor View Post
This should actually be a thread about Abrams not doing the Star Wars movies.This is my opinion he did ok with his Trek movies,but to turn around and give him Star Wars as well,now two Sci Fi franchises that were distinctly different will end up being similar.
Yes, because movies produced by the same guy will always wind up being exactly alike. That's why you can't tell the difference between, say, American Graffiti, THX-1138, and Raiders of the Lost Ark, or between Citizen Kane, Journey Into Fear, or the radio-play version of War of the Worlds.

-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Captain
# 64
09-14-2013, 08:31 AM
They shouldnt have tried to reboot the TOS series to begin with. Anytime all new actors are cast to play an old role you have issues with comparing the two. They should have cast a whole new crew and set it in a different time and not a different timeline. Between TOS and Enterprise or between TOS and TNG so the ship designers could create a new ship if they choose, and it could be a hero ship by being an experimental ship or limited to only a few were built to tie it into the exhisting universe. Theres no rule the ship has to be Enterprise either, there is Defiant and Voyager as hero ships. So a whole new hero ship would be accepted.

Rebooting just pisses off the fanbase. As for myself I enjoyed the 2 JJ movies and do not have any hate for them. They were entertaining for a couple hours but I am looking forawrd to a new director as well.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 65
09-14-2013, 08:50 AM

I know what they need to do for the next Star Trek.

A double director collaboration between:

David Lynch & Quentin Tarantino

# 66
09-14-2013, 10:06 AM
There's a lot of this in this thread.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 67
09-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Besides the Kirk Spock death switch how the hell was it like WOK please tell me because there must be a deleted scene somewhere I missed on WOK that had a rouge Star Fleet Admiral attack the Enterprise, Kahn teaming up with Kirk, Scotty quitting, Star Fleet building secret ships, and hell Khan only command the Vengeance for like 3 minutes???

ITD was definitely not space Moby **** like WOK was.

As for WOK being the best.

There are First Contact, Voyage Home, Undiscovered County fans who might disagree.
What?

Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
There is a god.
Just to be fair, with him somewhat gone, it doesn't automatically mean all things will be good to go again. For all we know, you can have some incompetent fool in place. Who knows.

On a semi-related note, the funny thing with Star Trek was that there have been key people in place that knew next to nothing about the franchise. Nicholas Meyer for one, having been a driving force in the creating of the better ST movies with the TOS crew.

Whoever it is supposed to be, JJ or not, we'll see.

Last edited by warmaker001b; 09-14-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Captain
# 68
09-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
indeed

give a starving trek-geek a cookie.... and he'll nerd-rage about how its saucer shape is an abomination to canon.

# 69
09-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
And there's a lot of smug, straw-man creating from you in this thread, but you don't see anyone feeling the need to point it out whilst nursing a massive e-chubby in the style of your good self.

Oh no wait, look what I've gone and done...
Captain
# 70
09-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
And there's a lot of smug, straw-man creating from you in this thread, but you don't see anyone feeling the need to point it out whilst nursing a massive e-chubby in the style of your good self.

Oh no wait, look what I've gone and done...
ooohh....+1 to the passive aggressive guy !