Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
09-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Well, 2 different viewpoints when faced with a premade, I guess.

1. Warp out to find a better match.
I rarely do this, and only when I think the enemy team is being really insufferable - I mean, premade, trashtalking and cheese all at once? That's just a bit much.

2. Stay in and try to get kills/get it over with.
What I usually do. I feel that I already waited some time for the queue to pop, so I may as well let this match count towards the daily. Charge forward! Damn the torpedoes! LEEEEEEROY JENKINS!!!!
This is very much how I feel most of the time as well. Especailly #2..

It some times can irritate me when on a losing Pug team and people start to leave.. Especailly if the Queue took 30 minutes+ To populate..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
After my search, I saw this is not a new request, but the fact remains the same. We need a PvP leaver penalty like the one we have for STFs. The "log off before you die then log right back in" thing has become pretty popular lately and so has just plain leaving a match if you're losing. And it sucks. Can we has?

because everyone can have connection issue, the best way to handle this behavior is a timer like in other games: when you log off your toon stop and still stay in game for ex 30 secs... you can close your client and even turn off your pc, but your toon will stay in the game for 30 secs more.

So if you log off because of a connection issue, you do not have to pay a leaver penalty.... and if you log off because you do not want to explode... then it's useless
Empire Veteran
# 13
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM
So what about the matches where the other team warps?

Not naming names but did frap it, but a KDF fleet warped earlier.

Team vs Team. Silly non-sense.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Captain
# 14
09-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
leaver penalty will just make sure the victims have to stay to get griefed by the campers
same premade few times in a row (know the new Tyler Durden channel...see how people get team there and 10 minutes later you see the group stomping pugs ) = Ill leave.

4-5 healers in the other team and my team refuses to focus fire = Ill leave (I even left when people I know refused to focus fire and were doing 1 v1 each at 50km away ...still in friends list thou )

heck reading this thread makes me leave just for shets and giggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
Just like in RL, where we have to have religion, laws and government to keep mofo's in line. Because it's not in people's nature to just do the right thing. They must be punished for being naughty!
Dunno where you live but in the normal world what keeps people from doing stupid things is education and even jail (the penalty) exists to reeducate people .You see jail as a threat because everyone told you if you get there things will happen to you
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
So what about the matches where the other team warps?

Not naming names but did frap it, but a KDF fleet warped earlier.

Team vs Team. Silly non-sense.
4 hours ban from both pvp and pve queues (for the first 3 players that warps)?
Career Officer
# 16
09-14-2013, 04:24 AM
i warp out when my pug team ROFLSTOMPs the other team or spawn camping them. There's no point and it just ruins the game
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Captain
# 17
09-14-2013, 07:28 AM
The loggoff to avoid death is easy in theory. Leave people in Red Alert in the match for an additional 30 seconds before removing them. Idk, if the code is able to do that w/minimal resources though.

The other have auto rejoin the match when disconnected. When they rejoin put them in Red Alert for 60 seconds, so w/combo from above they can be targeted if they do it again. Also, auto respawning after a minute.

But, they'd need to fix respawn bugs/debuffs (power and crew and stats) 1st as well as randomize warp in points for arena.

They'd also need to fix the queues 1st to stop 5v2s from popping. They should work on the whole balance/power creep thing too or people would be less likely to even join ... oh nm.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 18
09-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Pfft a few hours ago, well not exactly the same setup but mostly pay2win lockbox ships. No chance. Warp out? Never. Made a few kills anyway
Try queuing solo in a cruiser/science vessel against premades running 3 wells and 2 JHAS chaining 3x TIF, 2x AMS, 5x Subspace Rupture along with extend shields circles. Then on top of that you have to deal with "lol noobs", "Your team sucks lol", and similar comments from the premade. You don't honestly expect us to believe that such a match would be enjoyable. Adding a leaver penalty would only serve to hold people into said matches, allowing for the premade to continue trolling and brushing their own egos. Leaving a match like that should be permitted.

None of you know this, but there are premades on ground that will lay minefields on the spawn point if it looks like there team will lose the match. To put it into perspective, a single minefield kills a medic though all heals. If a team with two engineers makes it to the enemy team's spawn, they can set up a bunker there, making it impossible for anyone that dies to respawn. With such matches the only thing you can do is beam out to find another match. Naturally this is considered foul play, but there is nothing to prevent this from happening for the same reason there is nothing to prevent camping in space PvP. Before we even think about banning players that warp out/beam we need to ban premades from the public queues and make it impossible to sit on another team's spawn point.
Captain
# 19
09-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Sometimes I wonder how many players are still in Elementary School or Junior High..

Somebody calls you a noob? BFD, WGAS, SFW...seriously, unless you think you're a noob and were hoping to keep it secret - why do you care?

Do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can walk into a bar, pick the hottest chick (or guy) and get laid? When applying for a job, do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can skip the cover letter, skip the resume, skip the references, skip the interview, skip the negotiations...and they're going not only give you the job but overpay you as well? That bolt of lightning is heading your way from the skies above, do you give it a cool look and say that you're not a noob in STO PvP?

Seriously...grow up.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 20
09-14-2013, 10:13 AM
I actually think forcing a leaver penalty on players leaving PvP maps will make PvP even less popular.

-People will queue less.
-People will AFK or suicide more to get to their dil faster.
-Leaver penalty will not stop people from leaving.

I really don't want that to happen as this will directly affect my PvP gameplay, since I'm a pugger. Do you really wanna kill PvP? Well, this would definitely do it, final nail on the coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurry
1. Warp out to find a better match.
I rarely do this, and only when I think the enemy team is being really insufferable - I mean, premade, trashtalking and cheese all at once? That's just a bit much.
Since I pug like 100% of the time, I have seen some questionable tactics in arenas from both my teammates and opponents, completely defeats the spirit of sportmanship. It can get pathetic at times. I have to say it's warranted sometimes to leave that instance.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard