Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
09-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Sometimes I wonder how many players are still in Elementary School or Junior High..

Somebody calls you a noob? BFD, WGAS, SFW...seriously, unless you think you're a noob and were hoping to keep it secret - why do you care?

Do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can walk into a bar, pick the hottest chick (or guy) and get laid? When applying for a job, do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can skip the cover letter, skip the resume, skip the references, skip the interview, skip the negotiations...and they're going not only give you the job but overpay you as well? That bolt of lightning is heading your way from the skies above, do you give it a cool look and say that you're not a noob in STO PvP?

Seriously...grow up.
Many sto players are very immature, if not they very much enjoy acting like it. It is very unappealing and unflattering when people gets so upset over a bunch of pixels.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 22
09-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Many sto players are very immature, if not they very much enjoy acting like it. It is very unappealing and unflattering when people gets so upset over a bunch of pixels.
Admittedly, I lose my top at times. It annoys the gf - a...lot. But that's when I'm doing anything in the game, I'm heavy into it, and my internet drops out. Course, same thing happens when I'm on Netflix or doing a long post where I forget to Ctrl-A/Ctrl-C it before posting and lose it...then I lose it! Muahahahaha...ahem.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 23
09-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how many players are still in Elementary School or Junior High..

Somebody calls you a noob? BFD, WGAS, SFW...seriously, unless you think you're a noob and were hoping to keep it secret - why do you care?

Do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can walk into a bar, pick the hottest chick (or guy) and get laid? When applying for a job, do you think not being called a noob in STO PvP means you can skip the cover letter, skip the resume, skip the references, skip the interview, skip the negotiations...and they're going not only give you the job but overpay you as well? That bolt of lightning is heading your way from the skies above, do you give it a cool look and say that you're not a noob in STO PvP?

Seriously...grow up.
If that was directed at me specifically (no quotes, but right after my post) you blew what I said way out of perspective. I was outlining what is typical of such premades and attempting to demonstrate why fighting such teams would be unenjoyable. If it was a comment directed at the general playerbase, then pay no attention to this. I agree, there is no reason to let such comments phase you.
Captain
# 24
09-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
If that was directed at me specifically (no quotes, but right after my post) you blew what I said way out of perspective. I was outlining what is typical of such premades and attempting to demonstrate why fighting such teams would be unenjoyable. If it was a comment directed at the general playerbase, then pay no attention to this. I agree, there is no reason to let such comments phase you.
Nope, I quote when I reply to folks. Gets confusing otherwise. Well, not 100% - if it's just myself and somebody talking back and forth for a bit, I'll leave the quotes off...
Captain
# 25
09-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:

Seriously...grow up.

For me, it's just a feeling of not wanting to waste my time with people who act like that. I try not to let it affect me, but it's simply not worth staying in.

Of course, a rare occurence, and depends on if I've been in a lousy mood. More often I just go "wheeeeee" and try to score a kill.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 26
09-14-2013, 07:55 PM
No, we don't. Consider: Many matches are not held with the intention of completing them: They're purely testing and sparring matches. Two single players are not there to run up the kill counter, merely to fight until whatever thing they wanted to test or prove has been proven. Others simply stalemate, and some kind of resolution is declared by agreement.

Even if this applied only to public matches, the fact of the matter is, leaver penalties have not been demonstrated to improve behavior. In fact, they simply promote new, more obnoxious forms of jackassery, like AFKers. Without a leaver penalty, you can just all agree to ditch these losers and let them sit in the room alone without letting them know about it. With one, you're stuck in there as a captive audience, just like what happens with STFs.
Captain
# 27
09-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
For me, it's just a feeling of not wanting to waste my time with people who act like that. I try not to let it affect me, but it's simply not worth staying in.

Of course, a rare occurence, and depends on if I've been in a lousy mood. More often I just go "wheeeeee" and try to score a kill.
HY Omega, TS Trics, Beach Ball...trying to take out at least one with you. It's kind of fun.
Community Moderator
# 28
09-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Because the STF leaver penalty has worked out so well and is so popular.

Yes, that was a little sarcasm. Sorry.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Because the STF leaver penalty has worked out so well and is so popular.

Yes, that was a little sarcasm. Sorry.
Honestly, the STF Leaver penalty isn't such a bad thing at all. In of itself, I think its fine.

The primary problem with the Leaver penalty comes with the fact that, lets face it, the que system is glitchy as hell. The primary annoyance with the Leaver penalty comes with the typical "accept STF pop, que glitches, you get dropped, you get hammered with 1 hour leaver penalty in punishment for....the game not working as intented". That would be my issue with it, at least; others may feel differently. One way or another, the STF Leaver penalty solved a huge with STFs. It disinclined people to leave halfway through, plain and simple.

@ the OP: I'm honestly not sure wither I agree with you or not on the PvP leaver penalty...however, while I recognize that it is an issue that needs to be addressed, I'd honestly say that the forefront problem right now is the AFK/Leecher problem. I think, before we can start pushing for a PvP leaver penalty, we need to all focus on some kind of "vote to kick" system for dealing with AFKers and Leechers. People AFK'ing has become a huge problem as of late in PvE, PvP, and STFs, and its an issue that really, really, REALLY needs to be addressed.
Captain
# 30
09-17-2013, 04:23 AM
I'm all for it... When pre/pugmades and pugs have separate queues.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai