Captain
# 11
08-06-2013, 07:02 PM
A spy show, of sorts. Either focusing on Starfleet Intelligence or Section 31. We had a sampler for Starfleet Intelligence in DS9's "Honor Among Thieves". But write it at a Tom Clancy kind of level.

The series would delve far more into the gray areas than DS9, but that would be of necessity, since most of the story would take place in areas the Feds don't control.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Michael Dorn's Captain Worf idea, but with a twist: He's not the central character. He's the captain of a low-level research/survey vessel. 90% of the crew are blue shirts with no combat experience, but he still rushes into every crisis the ship detects with its inconveniently accurate long range sensors.

The actual focus of the show is the rest of his terrified crew who just want to do their botany and chemistry but must live every day in terror that Worf will go all good-day-to-die and start punching consoles.

Awesome! I was thinking almost the exact same thing. And then... a hospital ship would have even more reason to skirt danger. The Captain could be an overly-innocent Telsian who saw early Starfleet propoganda broadcasts that reached the Delta quadrant somehow and convinced someone (Ankari?) to build him an Olympic class and sent it to the humans (Voyager in reverse) so he could be all "hippocratic" and "Prime Directive". Not fully grasping the shades of grey of Starfleet, the Ankaris would quickly get disenchanted in the pilot episode and go home; each disaster the Captain attends becomes a source of crew. Worf on Tac would be perfect; I was earlier thinking of a Lethean...
Captain
# 13
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I would watch a show about the U.S.S. Enterprise F religiously (so long as they change the captain ) I love the concept of exploring the galaxy in an Odyssey class.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Star Trek: DTI
That's Department of Temporal Investigations for those scratching their heads
Like NCIS but in space and throughout time...

I figure it doesn't need to be set on a ship (although the use of a few "temporal" vessels would be nice) and doesn't have be restricted to exploration through time space in a Timecop-like premise, you could also have episodes dealing with rogue tech in whatever timeline is the "prime" one.

Failing that, I still liked the ideas Michael Dorn had for Star Trek: Bird of Prey. A Klingon-centric series dealing with the warriors we all know and love but from their perspective, and not a Federation one.
Commander
# 15
09-14-2013, 11:14 AM
What about a series for a Voyager-A?
Captain
# 16
09-14-2013, 12:15 PM
screw starfleet......

These are the adventures of Commander Thy'lek Shran of the Warship Kumari, and its continuing mission of imposing the will of the Andorian Imperial Guard.

# 17
09-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I'd like a show that has none of the TNG stuff we'd been stuck with for years.

A series based on TOS using JJ's stuff would be the best because it would have action and not be boring.

That way more than just Trekkies might watch it and it wouldn't get canceled.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.