Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The spam nature of pets is why I advocated a COV/Mastermind approach to pet use for carrier class vessels based on thier Tier. The weakest but several pets at T3, fewer but slightly stronger pets at T4 and then 1-2 strong pets at T5.
Add in the new Wing Commander trait, folks ranking up their pets faster...wheeee!
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 22
09-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
I thought you like cheese, especially elemental
Hehe, different types of cheese, man - emmental is nice, but cheesy abilities sometimes stink too much.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.

Take it easy!
Captain
# 23
09-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I think the premade setup with 3 sci+ is overpowered and most likely belongs in the cheese territory.

The romulan faction is extremely overpowered with their stats.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Empire Veteran
# 24
09-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Add in the new Wing Commander trait, folks ranking up their pets faster...wheeee!
Much like a MM in CoV, one would have a good number of pets at endgame, the ability to buy better quality and spam would be limited.
But hey, its all moot now.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 25
09-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Much like a MM in CoV, one would have a good number of pets at endgame, the ability to buy better quality and spam would be limited.
But hey, its all moot now.
I miss CoX...if it were still around, I wouldn't be here.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 26
09-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Good discussion so far, please keep it going everyone.

Remember: 'Why something is OP or cheese', not 'what is OP or cheese'.

Captain
# 27
09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Good discussion so far, please keep it going everyone.

Remember: 'Why something is OP or cheese', not 'what is OP or cheese'.
I guess I didn't really answer your question then.

Quote:
I think the premade setup with 3 sci+ is overpowered and most likely belongs in the cheese territory.

The romulan faction is extremely overpowered with their stats.
Just to elaborate

Premade with 3 or more sci captains can chain SNB on target under focus fire, making heals and other resist buffs useless. Doesn't take a lot of skills for 5 sci captain to manage this, so it's kinda cheesy.

My second point concerned the romulan faction. I think they are overpowered with their combination of stats. I could go on listing all of them but these ones are the most flagrant.

-stackable superior romulan operative and subterfuge (perfect cloak and high crit damage on decloak)
-singularity jump that has multiple abilities embedded within itself (escape, placate, aoe hold)
-battle cloak without any drawbacks to their hull and shield point.

These 3 points above are the most offensive/obvious to me.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 28
09-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Premade with 3 or more sci captains can chain SNB on target under focus fire, making heals and other resist buffs useless. Doesn't take a lot of skills for 5 sci captain to manage this, so it's kinda cheesy.
Well, a team with 3 science officers and 2 tactical officers will beat a team of 5 science officers, skill being equal. Subnuke beam is the best debuff in the game, but it's not all powerful. All the tactical officers have to do is trick the sci's into using up all five SNB. After that they are pretty much stuck while they wait on the weapon's cooldown.
Empire Veteran
# 29
09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I guess I didn't really answer your question then.

Just to elaborate

My second point concerned the romulan faction. I think they are overpowered with their combination of stats. I could go on listing all of them but these ones are the most flagrant.

-stackable superior romulan operative and subterfuge (perfect cloak and high crit damage on decloak)
-singularity jump that has multiple abilities embedded within itself (escape, placate, aoe hold)
-battle cloak without any drawbacks to their hull and shield point.

These 3 points above are the most offensive/obvious to me.
Good, good. Feel free to keep going on it. Though looking back, what I should have really said is, 'Talk about what things you consider OP or cheese, but focus on WHY those things are OP or cheese.'

Anyways, some things I feel are OP, cheese, or both, and why that is the case:

Cheese but not OP: Aceton Assimilators.

Why: Honestly, these aren't as bad as they once were IMO. The 'cheese' factor from them really only applies due to the oddly short CD the console has (though if that's changed in the past weeks, let me know) compared to other things, but they aren't as bad as they once were. Still cheese, but much less an issue (IMO of course) in today's game, makes a great spam-clearer with all the junk that is available nowadays.

Cheese due to a bug/exploit/broken, but not OP: D'kora EMP Burst

Why: We all know about the A2B bug that lets you reduce the CD on the D'kora's EMP Burst. By itself, it's a potent, useful ability, good to punish someone who stays on your tail too long, but only really is cheese due to that bug. If that bug is ever fixed, it becomes little to no issue since it is still a D'kora only ability.

OP but not cheese: Elite fleet shields.

Why: Because I feel like they've pretty much negated every other shield out there, unless you absolutely have to have a full set on a ship, elite shields are simply the way to go compared to anything else. They provide a heaping ton of essentially free resists to everything, and have put all energy weapons into basically two groups, 'ResA' vs. 'ResB'

OP due to a bug/exploit/broken, but not cheese: Subterfuge stacking.

Why: They shouldn't stack, but they do again for some reason, providing a huge amount of Stealth bonuses for Romulan toons for no drawbacks at all, giving them insanely strong cloaks which they really shouldn't have. (Though even if that was fixed again, I'd still argue that Romulan BOFFs would still be OP due to other effects)

Both: Graviton Pulse

Why: I know a lot were probably expecting this one. But it is both cheese and OP. It stays at only the cheese level when you don't spec the console, it's a potent debuff, can be argued that it is cheese, but the debuff doesn't last a massively long time, and can be handled. Add in the spec, and all of a sudden that few seconds turns into 20, 30, even 50+ seconds. A whole team with even a 20 second GPG can keep it up on a person a ton, and simply overwhelm most people and the amount of Engy teams they actually have in a short amount of time. It CAN be beaten, but it isn't easy.

Both due to a bug/exploit/broken: Embassy DOFFs (when they were broken of course)

Why: Those little buggers were pretty popular for the time they were broken, huh? Basically a permanent A2Bx2 level CD reduction on EVERYTHING (even captain powers and other extra powers) which was truly cheese and OP to the Nth level.

(The other one I would've put here was going to be Voldy, but that felt like it would've been cliche)

Captain
# 30
09-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Shhhh, don't talk about he who must not be named! I hear he's made a come back every now and then, luckily he was beaten/outsmarted by kids.

I have some questions, I've seen people say TIF is OP or something like that, what is TIF? Also what are the doffs you were talking about? I know I could do with some decent/borderline OP ground ones for mine trap to make up for the shear number of runaways.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.