Lieutenant
I recently started a tac character, an I was wondering if there was a faster way than doing the storyline quests. I only ask because I've already done the fed quests.
Captain
# 2
09-14-2013, 11:37 AM
You can do Patrol Mission. If you have an XP boost you can level fairly quickly using that and doing Patrols.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
09-14-2013, 01:05 PM
You can also do the Mirror Incursion when it becomes the active event. It usually appears every 6-9 hours, and you can usually get 3-4 levels out of the hour-long event as well as about 4000 dilithium with a good group.
Ensign
# 4
09-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Agree about Mirror Incursion especially. This is a very good way to zoom up that level ladder.

I believe I levelled my KDF solely by doing non-story missions/events w some help from XP boosts. *thumbs up*

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e398/ulriktham/TribbleWafflesgoldtrPNG.png
Captain
# 5
09-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribblewaffles View Post
Agree about Mirror Incursion especially. This is a very good way to zoom up that level ladder.

I believe I levelled my KDF solely by doing non-story missions/events w some help from XP boosts. *thumbs up*

I've heard many people say this, but it never seems to work for me. I have never had any character level from doing a mirror incursion event, but I almost always get a level from each mission.

@ the OP:
Don't forget duty officer missions. Those give rather a lot of experience if you keep all 20 missions going.

And there is a type of duty officer called a "Consultant" found in the Operations sub category. Some give Experience bonuses (1% white, 2% green, 3% blue, 4% purple) if you have them on active duty.
Captain
# 6
09-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Patrol missions and mirror event is the best advice. I'm doing it right now for a drain build sci toon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-16-2013, 08:26 AM
you have as well the consultant doffs that can incrase your cxp and expertise.

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Commander
# 8
09-16-2013, 09:08 AM
I have a suggestion on leveling a character and that would be to do the story missions. I have never got a level up in mirror event and most of the time I miss it anyway.

I know the story missions suck and they seriously need to revamp it but that wont happen since every update is more toward end game content and new rep systems that make us enlessly grind until we want to quit.

I recently leveled a new character to max and if you work hard on it then it isn't that bad.

As for the rep system and all of that to make the character the best you can have I do have a tip on that as well. I used my main toon to get the gear when my alt was leveling up. This gear was not from the rep or fleet because that is bound to character.

Using the account bank I was able to transfer gear to the other character. It really made a difference leveling up and once I hit level 50 I slapped some mk xii gear on the character. I then ran a few Elite STF's to get T3 omega and the ground maco set.

As for the rest of the leveling up with the doff system and all of that, I am working on it but the main part of levelign up is done.

Hope this helps.

Vice Admiral
Jeffry Caler
Commanding officer
USS Greenbrier
Lieutenant
# 9
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
the Mirror Universe incursion event is THE best way to level PROVIDED:

you are already over level 20 (any lower and you might as well not bother with it)

you have a good group to run it with

an example of a good group is one that can get the whole thing done in less than 10 min (below level 50, at 50, 5 min or less is quite common).

the best way to make sure you have a good group is to hang back for a moment and see what the others do. if they charge in and aggro all 4 battle groups at once, hightale it out while you still can.

a good group will systematically eliminate each battle group, one at a time. REALLY good groups will also disable the satellites to make the end fight easier.

with good groups, the event can be run 4-5 times easily on a sub-50 toon, which can net you as much as 3-4 levels IME
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-19-2013, 07:58 AM
One thing to be aware of in the Mirror event is this, if you join an event in which a higher level Tier toon is in there (helping a lower level friend, which it does not do in Mirror btw) immediately leave. The presence of a higher tier character will drastically reduce the experience earned from each kill.