Captain
# 141
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masopw View Post
@gulberat: Very nice. Heady stuff.
Thanks for reading, and glad you enjoyed it.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 142
09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Thank you for the replies to my piece

@marcus - I decided to make Tamara a "named" character, just in case I could use her in a pinch. I hope she does not become a deus ex machine though.

@aten66 - Actually, you may have answered my question through your response in this thread. By revealing a little more about Greg's past, I was curious if the revelation itself sort of plugged the hole for him, or even if the resolution in the story was the plug as well.

@shevet - Very neat situation to be in! The Traveler's assistance could only be needed indeed! I'm reminded of your piece where the ship was stuck in a "blackness". Forgive me for not recalling further details or the LC number. Poor Ruby
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 143
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Thank you for the replies to my piece

@marcus - I decided to make Tamara a "named" character, just in case I could use her in a pinch. I hope she does not become a deus ex machine though.
It's always a risk, but it is funny how characters can suddenly stand out above others
Captain
# 144
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
@gulberat - Whew ... that was a little heavy, but very good. So, I got the impression the Traveler was going to "do it". Am I wrong?

Captain
# 145
09-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
@gulberat - Whew ... that was a little heavy, but very good. So, I got the impression the Traveler was going to "do it". Am I wrong?
Sorry...but what do you mean by "do it"? I am not sure you mean what that expression ordinarily means when put as a euphemism. I certainly hope not, as there was not intended to be any sexual innuendo going on in that story. If there was...some serious editing is in order on my part. O_o
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Captain
# 146
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Well, I didn't want to spoil it for anyone but I guess it won't matter on the last day of the Challenge.

Was the Traveler going to commit genocide? Maybe I read it wrong, but that's the impression I walked away with.

@jonsills - YAY, Grunt! Big personalities all over the Herpes. I was interested how Grunt and Paris was able to easily accept the situation, then I thought maybe such things are not-so-strange to them after all. Man, Grunt was a little upset this round.

@amurorx0 - Short to the point I've got to get that song translated ...

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 09-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Captain
# 147
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Well, I didn't want to spoil it for anyone but I guess it won't matter on the last day of the Challenge.

Was the Traveler going to commit genocide? Maybe I read it wrong, but that's the impression I walked away with.
The Traveler's motives were a touch uncertain to me in Journey's End. Sure, he wanted to get Wesley to come with him--but the timing of his visit, essentially goading Wesley into a political protest and changing the outcome of the DMZ's formation, did make me suspect he was meddling in galactic affairs by proxy.

I am not sure that the Traveler would commit genocide or was powerful enough to do it himself. What I am also not sure of, though, is if he would not set such events in motion. Being put in the middle in that way is something Alyosha will most certainly find unsettling.

I do think that the Traveler was seeking evidence, though, by speaking to the one civilized Devidian, as to whether something else is possible for the Devidians. I think that he may attempt to "convert" them. There is the possibility that he may martyr himself doing so, and if he fails...it does seem that he has sown the seeds for possible genocide. He's playing a complicated game, with multiple motives and strategies.

Not sure if that makes sense?

Captain
# 148
09-17-2013, 02:21 PM
It makes sense

Quote:
I am not sure that the Traveler would commit genocide or was powerful enough to do it himself.
Hmm. The piece suggests to me that he was going to take action based on Alyosha's response and that action would lead to the destruction of the Devidian race.

Captain
# 149
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
If the Devidians do not listen, it could. But somehow I see the Traveler as one who likes to put such decisions in other people's hands, though he may attempt to maneuver people into making the decisions he wants them to make. Starfleet would become a proxy, if that makes sense.

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 150
09-17-2013, 03:18 PM
As I mentioned in the entry thread, it looks like this one was a bit more challenging, but everyone did a great job! And thanks to everyone who discussed the entries and provided feedback in this thread.

I'll be unsticking this as I prepare to post the discussion thread for #50.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment