Empire Veteran
# 201
09-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Survivability is far less quantifiable. A ship with a PSW or TBR equipped can almost universally wipe out waves of Hangar Pets regardless of how sturdy they are. I don't think it's worth performing this testing until we see where the relative DPS results end up.
I fail to see the logic of testing the DPS of something that has already exploded before it has had a chance to fire on its target. It is like selling your car to get gas money or buying a ship that goes into a never ending cycle of having to respawn without actually spawning.
Commander
# 202
09-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I fail to see the logic of testing the DPS of something that has already exploded before it has had a chance to fire on its target. It is like selling your car to get gas money or buying a ship that goes into a never ending cycle of having to respawn without actually spawning.
They tried to fix (nerf) something that wasn't broken, and ruined my favorite toy in the game. Now what ever happens, as this Dev. has stated, {your just stuck with what we leave you! So deal with it and shut up!} That's the impression I was given. Once upon a time, a host would try to improve quality and comfort of the service they provided, now they are worried about giving you too much. There are also knuckleheads among us that complain because they are given too much for their services, just like the kids who reminded the teacher to assign homework! Who would be dumb enough to complain about getting too much from a service or product? Don't turn cheap on us Cryptic, you have had too many good things going for you to let yourself go this direction! Think of the players, I prefer quality over quantity!
@Carina_Ragazza
Empire Veteran
# 203
09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Perception is reality. Even if Borticus says that contraband farming wasn't the intended use of orion slavers, it became as such and that became the norm, regardless of whether or not Cryptic could change the stats at anytime. Orion slavers were attractive because of the decent amount of contraband they stole. Without that, they are pointless, aside from using them for RP purposes. Each ship/pet in the game should be unique, and that was what was unique about the slavers, and that's why we spent tons of dilithium on them. There is no reason to waste any dilithium on slavers now as Doff missions can yield much more in energy credits and shinies and you're better off going with bops, interceptors or power siphons anyways. If Cryptic wants to be taken seriously, they have to come up with a better reason for removing the only unique aspect of an item aside from an internal metric being interpreted as slavers yield too much contraband.
Empire Veteran
# 204
09-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
They tried to fix (nerf) something that wasn't broken, and ruined my favorite toy in the game. Now what ever happens, as this Dev. has stated, {your just stuck with what we leave you! So deal with it and shut up!} That's the impression I was given. Once upon a time, a host would try to improve quality and comfort of the service they provided, now they are worried about giving you too much. There are also knuckleheads among us that complain because they are given too much for their services, just like the kids who reminded the teacher to assign homework! Who would be dumb enough to complain about getting too much from a service or product? Don't turn cheap on us Cryptic, you have had too many good things going for you to let yourself go this direction! Think of the players, I prefer quality over quantity!
Funny thing is they think the old kdf players forgot the Orion Marauder/Orion Interceptor Incident that created the slavers so not an investment and being made for "Unique" purposes isn't going to pull the wool over my eyes... I remember things
Captain
# 205
09-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
[PARAPHRASE FOR SPACE]
Lots of Pre-LoR, Post-LoR, and Proposed data concerning Pillage chance.
While you're in a giving mood as far as performance comparisons, can we also get Pre-LoR vs Post-LoR statistics for Shields, Hull, and Defense scores? My pets really do seem incredibly fragile compared to Pre-LoR, though this may be the loss of forced respawns to repair the pets and the lower quality of the "fill-in" respawns relative to Pre-LoR/Rank 2 carrier pets. Since it takes 10 mins of combat time for them to hit where they were originally, these comparisons might also help us see where some of the issues are arising.

Thanks

[PS] Have you considered allowing a fighter launch to replace the most damaged fighters currently on the field, while carrying over their experience to the newly launched wing? I suggest this with the following logic:

1) We can always launch another fighter, as long as the old one dies. This means that the limit is the fighters in the area of operations, rather than the actual number aboard our ship. Replicator technology is awesome.
2) We have a Recall option. This means that we do have the ability to recover our fighters, according to the original Release Notes.
3) Dead pilots don't learn, living ones do. By this, I mean that if we recalled damaged fighters and launched fully operational ones in their place, the recalled pilots would not only retain their experience from the last flight... they'd also retain it into the next battle if they fought in it as well. While having truly persistent experience for our pilots would be cumbersome and impractical, simply refilling the shields/hull of the most heavily damaged fighters should be doable.

That's my little suggestion anyway. Thanks for reading

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 09-17-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Commander
# 206
09-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Funny thing is they think the old kdf players forgot the Orion Marauder/Orion Interceptor Incident that created the slavers so not an investment and being made for "Unique" purposes isn't going to pull the wool over my eyes... I remember things
Do you have any links that might have official comments regarding this? [i.e. source] I couldn't help but notice multiple contradictions in his statement you quoted from so maybe we need to point back to "original design" for them. Not about pain points, yeah right. Because making it to at least level 20, starting a KDF toon, getting to carrier suitable level, obtaining said carrier, buying advanced or elite slavers, and finally using them in an actual mission of some type was not exactly "easy" to begin with. If it's not about dil than why are there 101 ways to make more ec in a fraction of the setup time? Anyhow, if you have a date appropriate link regarding their creation, that'd be great.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Empire Veteran
# 207
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
Do you have any links that might have official comments regarding this? [i.e. source] I couldn't help but notice multiple contradictions in his statement you quoted from so maybe we need to point back to "original design" for them. Not about pain points, yeah right. Because making it to at least level 20, starting a KDF toon, getting to carrier suitable level, obtaining said carrier, buying advanced or elite slavers, and finally using them in an actual mission of some type was not exactly "easy" to begin with. If it's not about dil than why are there 101 ways to make more ec in a fraction of the setup time? Anyhow, if you have a date appropriate link regarding their creation, that'd be great.
Ditto. Elaborate more for us zeuxidemus001 please b/c I'm not buying the official line either.
Commander
# 208
09-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Im a little bummed out too. The mirror Vo'Quv was my first carrier. Blew all kinds of dil on pets (purple Slavers particularly). Man I was getting some great loot b4 the 'fix', so I didnt really mind that they played like they were made of paper. Now though . . . I mean the EC was always low . . . but seriously? . . . 100 EC . . . a common prisoner IF IM LUCKY?! What gives? WTF am I going to to with 100 EC anyway? I can get 8000% more lootz just setting up Marauding Doffs on my Kling! Whats the point?

Argh. One thing Id like to see to make up for this is just going ahead and making the pets interchangeable. Let my Jem Dread have my rare BoPs for crying out loud. The game already says that I have quit my job and poop in a bucket while being fed intravenously in order to have any hope in hell of getting 9999999999999999999999999 EC for a Jem Attack ship. Suppose it could be worse . . . could be Fed with a carrier. Still dont get why they have access to them at all though.

Meh.
Empire Veteran
# 209
09-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
Pretty much I mostly play the game but I don't keep records of forum threads i'm too lazy to do that

Most likely the contradictions were likely that they were made without knowing all the information needed to make the statements that were made. All I have been trying to do is set it straight. Although the parts I agree with are that its not completely an investment. Its an investment in getting supplemental items so the statement in some areas is a right on assessment then again some of it just is propaganda.

For the most part though they just need to change it back to the way it was or else we will have a repeat of season 4 again.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 09-17-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Commander
# 210
09-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Issues like this one is why all the old posts are "Archived" its a tactic for trying to erase the truth. Besides the whole making the old player base re-purchase the interceptors it was designed to be a supplemental investment to where you are getting something. Not to say its designed for farming but its suppossed to be for getting something rather than nothing.

So bottom line some of us do not forget so easily and rather than make excuses they should find a solution to the problem rather than place blame somewhere else.

Edit: Although at the time a lot of the devs we have now weren't devs then or much less followed the issue/may not even know what was actually going on with the KDF with this issue as well. So with the archiving as one means of not easily accessing that info there is also a chance the statements in this thread were made on the basis of not actually knowing about the incident as well.
Right. Who are we to say what their intent is? This is why Bort's "It's not a conspiracy!" comment disturbs me. It could be simply the information he is being provided is inaccurate. Either way, I don't think we care. What we do care is these are not performing as they should. That is to say [virtually] no one bought these for their fighting capability and at some point, the "intended purpose" of their creation included a fair return on investment. Much as one creates a Ferengi toon for the discounts. I imagine if they reduced the Ferengi discount to .01%, similar backlash would ensue. It's a shame said posts are archived as I have been unable to locate even the introduction of Slavers in release notes. (Hoping something of intended design was mentioned) Either way, telling us something long after the fact does not make it true. We know why these were made, and we know they are paying a pittance of what they previously did. No compensation whatsoever was made. i.e. Less Contra but twice the dps or hull : Less Contra but up to 100k ec! It seems anything fun/profitable/efficient whatsoever in the game is eventually "nerf fixed". All this time and energy could easily be put towards making the game [mostly] free of bugs & more enjoyable which is almost never the case.

P.S. adding more ships and consoles and doo-dads is not improving the game.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk