Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-17-2013, 06:59 AM
rofl thanks for all tips .. i Do have two sci captains remen and fed.. thanks again gyus you all awsome ^^
Captain
# 12
09-17-2013, 07:14 AM
lets kick those dead horses, Vesta (3-pack) GG ship on its own. If you can get them wells (with its mirror friends console) plus the FULL time set from lobi store (600 more lobi) Is uber powerful major crowd control and against larger targets can hit with 5-6 weapons at once (angles) Using the time set (temporal disrution device - torpedo) I have had massive effectiveness (fleet elite AP all the way or forget it) But at a MUCH lesser expense the vesta pack is just about as powerful (featuring borg and romulan set parts plus maco primary) So in the end its quite the choce BUT if cost is at all a concern go vesta.
Lieutenant
# 13
09-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Tactical Vesta is all u need. U don't NEED the 3 pack cause its better without the consoles. I will crush any wells with my Vesta.
Captain
# 14
09-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Fleet Nova looks REALLY nice ... but Tier 3 SY needed

From what I read, Vesta is probably the best Sci ship you can get "right now".
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 15
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkundo View Post
Tactical Vesta is all u need. U don't NEED the 3 pack cause its better without the consoles. I will crush any wells with my Vesta.
Well, whilst it IS true that you don't NEED the consoles, I still use them. The cooldowns are a pain, but I still find them useful in a pinch. The Quantum Focus phaser in particuar is fantastic in ISE, for example, as it just EATS the generators, the gate and the cubes (once their shields are dropped). The three-piece bonus 'perfect shield' has saved my behind a few times too!

And whilst, as I said in my earlier post, my favorite ship is the Fleet Nova, the Vesta is close second. Those Aux cannons are gorgeous, and with Aux power at 130/100 (courtesy of Elite Reinforced warp-core) they have quite some bite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Rihannsu
# 16
09-17-2013, 11:59 AM
what? no mention of the D'Kyr or Nebula? those are my personal favorites.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
09-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkundo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, whilst it IS true that you don't NEED the consoles, I still use them. The cooldowns are a pain, but I still find them useful in a pinch. The Quantum Focus phaser in particuar is fantastic in ISE, for example, as it just EATS the generators, the gate and the cubes (once their shields are dropped). The three-piece bonus 'perfect shield' has saved my behind a few times too!

And whilst, as I said in my earlier post, my favorite ship is the Fleet Nova, the Vesta is close second. Those Aux cannons are gorgeous, and with Aux power at 130/100 (courtesy of Elite Reinforced warp-core) they have quite some bite!
I agree with Reyan about the full 3-pack...

You get: Phaser lance (much better than Gal-X lance, haven't compared it to the Chimera (Vet) lance...), an AoE Heal (spammed this once in CE and nabbed first place), the graviton torp-reflector / graviton weapon (gotta try this against a cube's HY Topr after I aggro it), and the invincibility shield (click in time and you're safe...)

Also, why the love for the Aventine? that it has 4 Tac consoles and +5/+10 to weapons - a "dump stat" when you have Aux Cannons / Torps aboard? I do passable DPS with the Vesta itself, and it's 5 sci consoles.
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 18
09-17-2013, 12:44 PM
There was a nice discussion on building new science ships the other day, hopefully some tricks to help you.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=851121
Captain
# 19
09-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
what? no mention of the D'Kyr or Nebula? those are my personal favorites.
bought them both from c-store both have failed me in every way once compaired to vesta and then on my 2nd fed sci the wells (plus temporal dest. console and time set) totally blows them away my wells I would fight them both 2 on 1 and still win with ease...
Career Officer
# 20
09-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
I agree with Reyan about the full 3-pack...

You get: Phaser lance (much better than Gal-X lance, haven't compared it to the Chimera (Vet) lance...), an AoE Heal (spammed this once in CE and nabbed first place), the graviton torp-reflector / graviton weapon (gotta try this against a cube's HY Topr after I aggro it), and the invincibility shield (click in time and you're safe...)

Also, why the love for the Aventine? that it has 4 Tac consoles and +5/+10 to weapons - a "dump stat" when you have Aux Cannons / Torps aboard? I do passable DPS with the Vesta itself, and it's 5 sci consoles.
Agreed - have to say, I've tried both and prefer the extra sci console option offered by the sci version personally. When the ship's primary offensive power comes from aux, a little extra versatility with sci consoles is definitely a bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.