Lieutenant
# 1 Fleet Action Idea
09-17-2013, 06:38 PM
While rewatching DS9, I came across the idea for a Fleet Action based off Kang, Kor, and Koloth's Battle of Caleb IV. The KDF could use a new Fleet Action to make its numbers more equal to the Federation.

Proposal: Historical Simulation: Caleb IV
Players: 8-10 Players

Loadout: Have 2 teams of five with one serving as the diversion team. This teams job is the move the enemies sentry's out of position so that Team 2 can hit the soft targets (docked ships, station, etc.) The diversion group and assault group will have only a limited time before reinforcements arrive under Captain Harriman of the Enterprise-B and Captain Sulu of the Excelsior.

Diversion Team will be rewarded according to how well they keep the sentries occupied; while the assault team will be rewarded by how quickly and many soft targets they destroy. Points will be deducted from both if the Enterprise-B and the Excelsior arrive.

Just an idea.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-18-2013, 04:55 AM
I really like this idea. This seems like a fleet action that would be fun to play.
The only thing I'd do differently is set it in the current timeline - the 25th century, so the Enterprise-B does not arrive as reinforcement, but rather the Enterprise-F under Captain Shon.

I'd also go even a step further and make certain optionals which when acomplished give you accolades like: Kor's disciple or Kang's apprentice and such. And when you manage to get all 3 of the accolades for each of the great Dahar Masters: Kor, Kang and Koloth you unlock a costume option for your KDF char - the Dahar Master Pimp Coat the NPCs wear!

Oh boy, you got me excited about something like this now!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 3
09-18-2013, 07:00 AM
I like it! Anything to bring some strategy to the game.

Though I do agree it should be set in the 25th century era. Perhaps make an alternate version where only T1 to T3 ships can be used.
Just say no to ARC