Rihannsu
# 2481
09-17-2013, 08:57 PM
During the H20Rat event I had a KASN run that went as smooth as clockwork. Why? Everyone smashed the probes! Seriously. there was no one assigned to probe duty. When they spawned peeps switched targets to kill them then went back to shooting holes in the gates.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 2482
09-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, just had what was possibly the worst instance of ISE I've ever encountered.

The team was a Sci in a Recluse, and Eng in a Scimitar, a Sci in an Odyssey and a Tac in a Sovereign - and me using my Vesta.

Talk about fail! The first cube took a little longer than usual, which didn't inspire confidence. Then the team fly to the right; now, I am not saying that there is anything necessarily wrong with that and I've certainly been in instances where the team opted to start on the right - no problem with this at all as long as the usual 'procedure' is adopted.

However, in this particular instance the Scimitar and Recluse start shooting at the cube, the other two kill a transformer between them. Spheres spawn and the idiots spend the next ten minutes fighting spheres instead of doing anything even remotely useful. Seriously - ten minutes passed and they all they had managed to do was die quite a few times themselves and kill all of two transformers. That was it. Two transformers.

Have to admit, I did help out at first, but it was so obvious that the team were out of their depth that I posted (in team chat) that they should perhaps consider trying Infected on normal before jumping into Elite. I then bailed as the instance was simply too painful to spend another second in and the penalty was well worth it on this occasion.

Assuming that they continued, I shudder to think how long that instance must have lasted!
Hey, for all you know they could still be at it right now, wondering when ISE's fail mechanic will kick in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2483
09-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
During the H20Rat event I had a KASN run that went as smooth as clockwork. Why? Everyone smashed the probes! Seriously. there was no one assigned to probe duty. When they spawned peeps switched targets to kill them then went back to shooting holes in the gates.
Unfortunately, most of the people that should be in the KASN queue are in the KASE queue (I rarely see more than 20-25 in each of the normal queues for the space borg STFs)
My new tactic is - let the other 4 of the team go to one side and let me take the other. I smash probes, cubes, transformers and when I get the gate to 40-50%, they are done with their side. And after a hundred or so times, they get their Quadra Sigma Distinguished Service Medal. Easy-peasy.
Commander
# 2484
09-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty View Post
A couple days ago I PUGed an ISE. I know, PUGing was my first mistake. This group had to have been total noobs as I had to have had the highest DPS in the whole group and I was on my main eng toon flying a Vesta. We got the intro cube and spheres fine, then after popping the cube over the left transformer and taking out the gen I targeted, I went to keep the nanite spheres at bay while everyone else took out the transformer. Worked fine, especially as my GW was supplemented by someone dumping warp plasma around the nanite spheres. Then on to the right side. I think it's going to go well, despite an assault cruiser that seems unable to leave the respawn waiting room. We pop the cube, and go to work on the gens. Once again, after popping my gen I head to work on delaying the nanite spheres. That's where things went to *bleep* in a hurry. The person who used EWP on the first side tried it again while going with EM running and left big holes in his loop of warp plasma. This allowed the nanite spheres to escape once my GW went bye-bye. And the transformer wasn't even down to 75% yet. Well, optional blown, oh well. Get the nanites cleared up and I take on the transformer by myself while everyone else is busy going after normal spheres. I'm too busy hitting one power after another to try to take down the transformer in time to be able to type asking for help. More nanites get to the transformer and heal it after I single-handedly get it down to 50%. After that we just can't keep the nanites off the map or at bay long enough to take down that transformer. Seeing as it's a lost cause, I abandon the group and take the leaver penalty, which for some reason didn't stop me from jumping right back into another instance for the same STF.
If you use this build with GW and TBR, sitting between 4-5k from you GW, you'll never have that problem again

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 2485
09-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I normally use my JHAS which I got recently, but today I decided to fly my fleet Defiant. So I queue up for a pug, just for the heck of it, even though I know better than to do so.

Can you imagine my horror when I warp in and engage the patrols to see four cruiser beamboats, two of which are rainbows?

Can you imagine my surprise when we get the optional?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Rihannsu
# 2486
09-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I normally use my JHAS which I got recently, but today I decided to fly my fleet Defiant. So I queue up for a pug, just for the heck of it, even though I know better than to do so.

Can you imagine my horror when I warp in and engage the patrols to see four cruiser beamboats, two of which are rainbows?

Can you imagine my surprise when we get the optional?
Well, not all rainbow players are... unskilled. Some simply like it.

Disclaimer: I only have one rainbow ship.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 2487
09-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Okay, this isn't an STF, but I felt like I had to vent because it's starting to piss me off like an STF. I'm talking about Vault: Ensnared. It seems like lately it's been really easy to screw this up and get only half of the marks you can get. I've been hard-pressed to have a run where you can save all the ships, have 20% of the web completed, and/or kill the flagship. You tell people where you're going and then either everyone is following you or goes to the opposite direction. Then there's the cases where you'll tell the party that you're going to cover the bottom of the Vault, turn around, and there's two of your teammates with you, leaving a huge gap in the middle (and people wonder why the web is 20% complete in less than one minute). And then there's the ones that just blast the mesh weavers and widows instead of the VAULT WEAVERS!

In fact, just a couple days ago, I was doing a run in Ensnared with two of my fleet mates and we got teamed up with on guy that was AFK for most of the match and another that just worked on the mesh weavers and widows. In the end, we only rescued about six ships, the web was 80% complete, and we didn't kill the flagship.

Has anyone else been running into this problem lately?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2488
09-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Played yesterday with some friends a random queue ISE and we finished with 11:30 on opt timer. Than one of the pugs wrote in Chat, that he reported us as hackers and this isnt meant to Play STFs.

Almost felt laughing from my seat, i never imagined i could get reportet for doing high dps.
FED
Raumpatrouille Elysion

KDF
Angriffsflotte Omega
Career Officer
# 2489
09-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraziel0815 View Post
Played yesterday with some friends a random queue ISE and we finished with 11:30 on opt timer. Than one of the pugs wrote in Chat, that he reported us as hackers and this isnt meant to Play STFs.

Almost felt laughing from my seat, i never imagined i could get reportet for doing high dps.
Yeah manic tweens probably did that. Allow me to give an example from another game:

I can remember way back when during a multiplayer race of Midnight Club II (in the Paris map), where 3 of the 6 players used Saleen cars (all but me used super-cars) and I used the lowly two-door car that I one from the Arabic character (from one of the races in Paris). I knew the routes of Paris backwards and upside down, and was able to catch up and even get passed the super-cars with their high velocities.
Anyway after I lolstomped their supposed 'super cars' with a two-door front-wheel drive vehicle, a few of them started raging in chat about me cheating. They even asked if I was using a steering wheel (which would have been acceptable to them, it seems, since I was such a good driver); and I told them no, I was using a keyboard!! lol that's when they really started raging that i was a cheater and that they'll try to ban my IP blah blah blah.
But I digress.

There's always people like this in every game who are too stupid or too apathetic to learn the mechanics, or don't have the dexterity to better their skills - whatever game it may be. So instead of learning the mechanics, and getting over their idiotic mentality of "i don't want to be in a fleet" so they can learn from better players, they bully and threaten other players.
Commander
# 2490
09-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraziel0815 View Post

He/she must be one of those players who think that if they can't do something that means that no one can be good enough to do that.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."