Commander
# 11
09-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Ditto! Now we have LoR, I'm really hoping they convert the embassy Doffs to be like how Romulan players can get and edit allied Boffs. It is crazy that we couldn't edit it to begin with! With LoR, no excuse surely? Especially as we have just had news that Romulan faction foundry missions have been canceled.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
09-19-2013, 03:40 AM
Just to keep this visual, while asking a bit off topic, about Romulan faction foundry missions? Didn't even know they were being considered and all. Was wondering why I didn't see any.

And still not liking my rommy unis... keeping that whole bit up here. =--=;;;
Career Officer
# 13 Diplomatic BOFFs
09-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Both KDF & Fed cannot customize the Romulan Embassy BOFFs. It's the same as in with many unique BOFFs in the game: Jem'Hadar, Diplomat / Marauder BOFFs, etc.

You CAN trade these BOFFs for training and such, but when it is returned to you, the Romulan Embassy BOFFs' hair and feet disappear. And you cannot fix them at the tailor since you cannot modify them to begin with.
Diplomatic BOFFs are customizable, like a normal BOFF. They're the exception to the rule. I haven't tried trading any of mine to another player, so I don't know if they get changed or not (I would think not).

I hesitate to call the lack of customization of Romulan Embassy or Marauding BOFFs a "bug". It's a feature that's not implemented at all. They don't have full costumes behind them, so glitches happen.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 14
09-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
Diplomatic BOFFs are customizable, like a normal BOFF. They're the exception to the rule. I haven't tried trading any of mine to another player, so I don't know if they get changed or not (I would think not).
The diplo-boffs used to be completely unbound, which is how they ended up on the exchange. Now they're bound as candidates, but afaik (haven't tried it recently) they can still be traded directly once commissioned.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
09-21-2013, 05:20 AM
No, not a bug at all, but as a 'feature', this one 'really' needs changing. Just accepting it, defeats the purpose of the thread started here, to get this iota changed. Also kills the RP/story biography mood for the boffs I have, for my crew.

Yeah, yeah... boohoo and all that... but when you get tired of seeing Boffs in unis that look like something Scotty drank up, and then ran for the only working ship's toilet, afterwards, it all begets to having this change.

And having romulan boff faces disappear, after trading them back and forth, when no effort was apparently made in the first place to warn in any way, shape or form, of tradability in the first place, of nor thereof, begets of this then result, IS a bug to decry over. Just accepting this one, as well, is plain blunt put, lackadaisical in ALL considerations of this matter.

I.e. NOT accepting this one, as all stands. Nay, none and nada.
Captain
# 16
09-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Ditto! Now we have LoR, I'm really hoping they convert the embassy Doffs to be like how Romulan players can get and edit allied Boffs. It is crazy that we couldn't edit it to begin with!
But that's not true. We *COULD* edit them to begin with, and they specifically TOOK IT AWAY. See one of those older patch notes for the proof.
Lieutenant
# 17
10-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Completely agree. It was tolerable back befor LoR came out, but now it's just ridiculous that we can't edit the Embassy Boffs to get them out of that terrible outfit.

At the LEAST, they should alter the default outfit to be a Republic uniform.
Lieutenant
# 18
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I would also like to see this fixed.