Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 11
04-25-2013, 04:55 PM
That is actually a really cool thought. Crew numbers are one of those stats that tends to be forgotten. In fact it seems I can run my big cruiser with next to no crew left and still come out smelling like a rose. Making it viable again would be wonderful. But we would have to fix the way crew numbers are lost. I find it hard to believe that nearly all my crew can be wounded in a few torpedo salvos.
Ensign
# 12 Meaningful ship interiors.
06-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I've been thinking about what they could do to make the ship interiors meaningful also. A few ideas ive come up with are...

*The Sims on-board. It would be fun if there was a kind of sims approach with on-board ship crew interactivity.

*Shipboard morale system. A morale system for your crew, active and otherwise that impacts their effectiveness/activities.

*Adding something like 'ship interior slots' where ship interiors have a number of slots that allow players to place room types in order to benefit your ship crew. (an example of this might be a science vessel placing mostly science labs in their ship interior slots to increase particular science skills)

*Skins and placeables for your ship interiors. Something like what Cryptic has done with CO and what Turbine does with LOTRO.

*Reverse engineering and randomly generated equipment/weapon drops. (maybe a player would need to have a reverse engineering room installed in their ship and a certain type of engineering doff to effectively reverse engineer)
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackblackwyrm View Post
That is actually a really cool thought. Crew numbers are one of those stats that tends to be forgotten. In fact it seems I can run my big cruiser with next to no crew left and still come out smelling like a rose. Making it viable again would be wonderful. But we would have to fix the way crew numbers are lost. I find it hard to believe that nearly all my crew can be wounded in a few torpedo salvos.
Seems kinda odd a ship operating at full capacity with 0 crew.
But yes, I agree they would have to fix the crew loss mechanics. The goal of making crew numbers a bigger impact in gameplay is not only to make the cruiser viable again, but also forgotten consoles like forcefield generators and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchrx1 View Post
I've been thinking about what they could do to make the ship interiors meaningful also. A few ideas ive come up with are...

*The Sims on-board. It would be fun if there was a kind of sims approach with on-board ship crew interactivity.

*Shipboard morale system. A morale system for your crew, active and otherwise that impacts their effectiveness/activities.

*Adding something like 'ship interior slots' where ship interiors have a number of slots that allow players to place room types in order to benefit your ship crew. (an example of this might be a science vessel placing mostly science labs in their ship interior slots to increase particular science skills)

*Skins and placeables for your ship interiors. Something like what Cryptic has done with CO and what Turbine does with LOTRO.

*Reverse engineering and randomly generated equipment/weapon drops. (maybe a player would need to have a reverse engineering room installed in their ship and a certain type of engineering doff to effectively reverse engineer)
"The Sims on-board" would suck up a lot of dev time that's probably not a feature a lot of people want to invest in at the moment. If they do add some more crew interactivity though, it would be interesting though.

A ship's morale system sounds a bit tedious to add in my opinion. I'm thinking of what kinds of upkeep we would all have to do to uphold "morale". It might end up more as a burden than a feature, so I would have to disagree with this one.

I do like the idea of "interior ship slots" though. I could definitely picture myself going around the ship, telling my engineers to reinforce the bridge consoles or structural integrity. But in more conceivable terms, if these interior modifications have some marginal stat modifiers, it'll be an interesting thing to add.

Reverse engineering a weapon or equipment should probably be added to a separate branch of crafting. If that's going to happen, it'll likely be in Season 9. Definitely in support of this idea.

PS. To the community: I was hoping to post more on this, but time wouldn't allow it. Good to see some people read it at least xD

Last edited by sgtstarfall; 09-17-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Captain
# 14
09-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david90532 View Post
Doesn't really sound like something a vice admiral would do, with the smuggling and all. You'd have to keep it under the table, away from quinn. Sounds fun though, interesting idea indeed. In a cargo ship you'd have to rely on abilities like eject warp plasma, emergency power to ___ abilities etc cause your weapons wouldn't be of much use against any warships.
It could be a sanctioned clandestine smuggling operation given to you by Quinn. Mission, smuggle X item to spy hideout on Y planet and pick up Z to smuggle out. the mission "The Doomsday Device" o fed side had a stealth infiltration that was pretty good and something similar where you avoid targs or whatever to locate the spies.

To start the mission it could be capture X ship, warp to somewhere else to pick up cargo. Then attempt to deliver cargo, either sneak past patrols or if spotted the patrols ask for identification codes or something, if all goes good you beam down to the surface using personal holo emitters and have to sneak past sentries or whatever. Once you make it to the spiy base you drop off the delivery and pick up who/what you need to smuggle out and repeat the sneak past sentries, beam out, and sneak out of the system with the cargo.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Community Moderator
# 15 Closing Necro Thread
09-19-2013, 09:48 AM
"Captain! A Necro-class Thread just decloaked!"

"Photon torpedoes, full spread! Phasers, fire!"

"Direct hit, Captain!"

"Mod, send a priority message to Starfleet. We have disabled a Necro. Advise them that this Necro was hidden for more than 30 days before it suddenly decloaked and we had to neutralize it."

OOC: Please don't post in threads that have been "cloaked" for 30 days or more. Start a new one.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread