Rihannsu
# 371
08-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I'll give you a summary. The slow load glitch seems to happen when you add objects from the sidebar to a map. Or maybe when you create new costumes. If you do either, you can save and exit then reload to clear the bug. You can "add" objects to a map by duplicating an existing object then changing what it is.

(I haven't forgotten about this I just haven't had time )
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 372
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
A link would be nice, so we don't have to search everything.
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/ugc...nfo-for-frost/
Career Officer
# 373
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
thank you.

But this is the same thing i found on the STO forums. It doesn't do anything for me, because, like i mentioned previously, i hadn't added anything new to the map. I only adjusted vectors and coordinates of the objects that were already there. So it must be another issue that is causing my 9 minute delays.

Before the summer, my maps would load within 30-40 seconds - or less if i hadn't added any objects. EDIT: With new objects i'd say about the same time.

EDIT: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=20

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 08-21-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 374
09-18-2013, 12:36 AM
BUMP

Any word on whether they have corrected anything? this is getting quite tiresome. :|
Survivor of Romulus
# 375
09-18-2013, 12:48 AM
As far as I know, they've finally resolved the long loading time problems.
It's also mentioned on StarbaseUGC.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 376
09-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I can confirm that the load times for testing map is only a few second. But I haven't changed any costumes yet. I usually don't need to.
Career Officer
# 377
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Since my last post i have been working on my mission!! so excited. No glitches to report. And no mistakes this time
This is gonna be epic. I just hope those with potential attention deficit order will get it together long enough to not mind the amount of dialogue that I have.
And yes don't worry. You'll get to pew pew when its necessary.

P.S. Stoutes, I love your quote, and link, in your signature area

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 09-19-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 378
09-19-2013, 03:50 PM
I need some help. I played through a foundry mission that, initially, took place in ESD, where the base was, visually, being damaged in certain areas.

I have no idea how to do that.....
Survivor of Romulus
# 379
09-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
I can confirm that the load times for testing map is only a few second. But I haven't changed any costumes yet. I usually don't need to.
For my latest mission I had to change multiple costumes, friendlies and enemies. I haven't seen any delays after changing their costumes. So for me it's safe to assume it's completely fixed.

Quote:
Since my last post i have been working on my mission!! so excited. No glitches to report. And no mistakes this time
This is gonna be epic. I just hope those with potential attention deficit order will get it together long enough to not mind the amount of dialogue that I have.
And yes don't worry. You'll get to pew pew when its necessary.
Space Pew Pew == omnomnom but story == glue that holds everything together.

Quote:
P.S. Stoutes, I love your quote, and link, in your signature area
Thank you , I do quite a bit programming myself, so I have seen it all, haha..

Quote:
I need some help. I played through a foundry mission that, initially, took place in ESD, where the base was, visually, being damaged in certain areas.

I have no idea how to do that.....
I presume you mean the inside of ESD? I know about Ashkrik23 who used ESD in his mission "Perfection, part 1". Try looking back in your mission log; it might still be mentioned there..
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 380
09-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
I presume you mean the inside of ESD? I know about Ashkrik23 who used ESD in his mission "Perfection, part 1". Try looking back in your mission log; it might still be mentioned there..
Yes the inside where things blew up and the hull of the star base was destroyed in various parts.

Mission log? oh you mean the guy who created that effect in his mission probably has a description of how he did it?? Or am i missing something?