Captain
# 101
09-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabreeki View Post
With me, my patience has been tested again and again in IGE. I cannot count how many times I've had to pull a group out of the gutter and carry them on my shoulders...until the very last room where they all fall off the platforms after aggroing every single borg in a 10 mile radius.

It's not so much the optional that bothers me -- I expect that at least one person will run over the trigger lines in order to Rambo down a bunch of borg (or die instantly), but the simplest part of the whole map, the "we need three people to click at the same time" is often the most frustrating part of the whole IGE experience.

Also -- the guy who trains borg in KAGE to the spawn point.
The only time I have ever seen you in IGE you were running around with a fire extinguisher and screwing up the optional stuff purposely.

But hey, it was amusing enough. Especially when no one would rez you and you had to wait forever just to do it again.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 102
09-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
The only time I have ever seen you in IGE you were running around with a fire extinguisher and screwing up the optional stuff purposely.

But hey, it was amusing enough. Especially when no one would rez you and you had to wait forever just to do it again.
I actually don't use my extinguisher too often in STFs, but since it's always on my skills bar, it inadvertently comes out at least once during every STF I run. Regarding the optional in IGE, I simply don't care about it. IF someone doesn't ruin it immediately, it's enormously frustrating to move through the STF, making sure all the hostages are rescued, only to have some chucklehead mess it up on the ninth or last guy -- it adds an incredibly painstaking layer to the mission, so I simply ignore it (it fails 98% of the time) and move through the rest of the map. And I think you'll find that Dentals are rarely rezzed in ESTS regardless of how well we're doing.

But yeah, your account seems pretty accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao
Republic Veteran
# 103
09-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post
I consider the ones crying about optionals and hollering at others to be the 'bad' players.
Because extra rewards are a bad thing. Would you like 35% more? "No!" - reminds me of a commercial.

My worst is when a player destroys the generator right away in Infected Space Elite, two of us are science so we are able to hold back the spheres, destroy the other generators, then destroy the transformer, cube, and the spheres...all while the idiot ran to the other side and destroyed a generator there as well. Some people are determined to grief others.

Quote:
Regarding the optional in IGE, I simply don't care about it. IF someone doesn't ruin it immediately, it's enormously frustrating to move through the STF, making sure all the hostages are rescued, only to have some chucklehead mess it up on the ninth or last guy -- it adds an incredibly painstaking layer to the mission, so I simply ignore it (it fails 98% of the time) and move through the rest of the map.
We almost always get the optional, if someone goes early we just run in and save the guys. Just the other day we beat the first boss with less than 2 minutes left and still got the optional. It was really fun, at the end we had to run past 2 groups of borg and into the room to save the last two with 2 seconds left.

Quote:
And I think you'll find that Dentals are rarely rezzed in ESTS regardless of how well we're doing.
We never rez anyone who is a liability and will only make the mission harder. Fleet names don't matter.

Last edited by buccaneerdtb; 09-20-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Captain
# 104
09-20-2013, 11:41 AM
I prefer getting the optionals because it means having to spend less time doing boring ESTF.
On my main characters i have the reps filled, but on my Romulan i'm still working on it and the less time i spend in ESTF the more time i can spend in foundry/pvp
Captain
# 105
09-22-2013, 10:37 AM
How does a guy flying a freebie Star Cruiser with a hodgepodge of outdated equipment and minimal twitch reflexes score an order of magnitude higher than a guy flying a dreadnought warbird? Ask the guy I went into a 4v4 PvP with who spent all but the last 60 seconds of the match sitting at the spawn point.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 106
09-26-2013, 05:24 AM
its more to do with experience.

ive been playing for just over a year and while my engineer main is well built i have only just got my sci and tact alts to 50 and am still learning good builds for them weapon layout and tactics.
Captain
# 107
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Two words: Crystalline Cataclysm
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
Captain
# 108
09-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Be in pug ISE

Observe scimitar staying under cloak most of the match.

Be carrying the pug, and getting swamped by spheres. Watch teammates die, optional fails, it happens.

But then, the scim pilot starts running his mouth about how bad your DPS is. Parsing while we play I am at 9125, he is at a laughable 1834 (mostly due to the fact he hasnt shot a damn thing since the first transformer went down 5 minutes previous)

Banter back and forth, etc.

Blow gate, aggro tac cube. No points in threat or any consoles with threat on them.

Scimitar decides to try to prove how badass he is

Watch aggro never leave me. Observe ACT and see my dps vs cube is 16500 while his is about 5000.

Have much lolz.
Captain
# 109
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
With me, my patience has been tested again and again in IGE. I cannot count how many times I've had to pull a group out of the gutter and carry them on my shoulders...until the very last room where they all fall off the platforms after aggroing every single borg in a 10 mile radius.
*watches as nabreeki lifts an entire globe off the ground*

As he stands as a bronze stf demigod, nabreeki's muscles ripple as the light illuminates his torso.

Shhhh... Nabreeki is about to speak.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!"

*echoes*

rofl....

Just kidding.

Last edited by linyive; 09-29-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Captain
# 110
10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spielman1 View Post
I find it funny when you call a bad team out on a mission that is actually quite simple to do once you get the hang of it they get all mad and angry then start the insult game I find it funny. It only happens when you call theme out on it or stat that fact, Example the STF Conduit I find this level or mission even on Elite quite simple, Kill all ships in the area in than 15 minutes with out theme healing. Yet for many I see it is Mission Impossible, they A don't look and check there surrounding9not requited but a smart idea), or they die a hundred times then complain even more when they cant stay alive for than a second or kill the Large Nanite Generator before the Nanite Spheres get there. Just funny if you ask me, if you want you can post the worse teams you have seen and why if you want.
A failed attempt at a humble brag