Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 1151
09-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
New PVP maps ? Nope . Adventure zones .
New STF's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
New FE's ? Nope . Adventure zones .
New Foundry updates ? Nope . Adventure zones .

And guess what ?
Nukara , Defara , Nimbus , New Romulus are just not enough .
Next update : Adventure zone .

So get ready to get exited as Cryptic does it again ... .
See , there is content and there is content ... , and not all content is good , especially when so many neglected facets of the game exist .
Ohhhhh... so since it's not content that YOU personally want/enjoy, it doesn't count as 'content'. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Rules of Acquisition #10: Greed is eternal.
Greed is eternal, but only in context of what the market will bear. Just because I am greedy doesn't mean I can list a hypo for 1 mill EC and expect it to sell. When the supply of EC isn't there anymore, doesn't matter how 'greedy' a seller is.
# 1152
09-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Ohhhhh... so since it's not content that YOU personally want/enjoy, it doesn't count as 'content'. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

Greed is eternal, but only in context of what the market will bear. Just because I am greedy doesn't mean I can list a hypo for 1 mill EC and expect it to sell. When the supply of EC isn't there anymore, doesn't matter how 'greedy' a seller is.
'Holier than thou' players who were never in the mood for the touring event have absolutely no right to comment about it, and furthermore no right to speak to the level of content and enjoyment we as actual players of the tour got from being challenged to improve our ships to speeds those same critics could only dream of achieving, thus they convinced cryptic to nerf the event so that they would feel better than those they jealously imposed this discriminatory act upon.

I say bring back the tour the way it was BEFORE the nerfing, and let the whiners who choose not to participate keep their hateful spite of this event to themselves!

Commander
# 1153
09-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradchristopher1 View Post
'Holier than thou' players who were never in the mood for the touring event have absolutely no right to comment about it, and furthermore no right to speak to the level of content and enjoyment we as actual players of the tour got from being challenged to improve our ships to speeds those same critics could only dream of achieving, thus they convinced cryptic to nerf the event so that they would feel better than those they jealously imposed this discriminatory act upon.

I say bring back the tour the way it was BEFORE the nerfing, and let the whiners who choose not to participate keep their hateful spite of this event to themselves!

Guess that shut them up.
Rihannsu
# 1154
09-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:

Spite? really? I've done the tour many times, but the strategy of only doing a few sectors then dropping it and restarting needed to be quashed.

And ponder this: If you're really that fast, then you can do it in however many minutes and spend the rest of the hour doing Elite STFs....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 1155
09-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Spite? really? I've done the tour many times, but the strategy of only doing a few sectors then dropping it and restarting needed to be quashed.

And ponder this: If you're really that fast, then you can do it in however many minutes and spend the rest of the hour doing Elite STFs....
Perhaps I wish to spend the ENTIRE hour doing tour, and I did it in the legitimate fashion of the completing the full course each time.

Why did cryptic think it necessary to penalize such players for a few others that cheated by running a subset of the whole race. Couldn't cryptic instead have figured out a way to block cheaters AND allow legitimate players to do the race as many times as possible within the hour the tour is hosted?

I only ask this with the honest intent of returning the tour to the event that it once was, which for now is just a fantasy. Why won't you consider that there are other possibilities to how this could have been fixed that would not have resulted in so much anger and animosity towards the developers.

Last edited by bradchristopher1; 09-21-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Captain
# 1156
09-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Before you used to always know when tour the universe was on as there were ships speeding through the sectors on carefully chosen paths for a full hour. It gave a good feeling of community especially with people hanging around wolf359 to give DI and RP to people.

Now, almost no-one is flying around, certainly no mass exodus of starships. For that reason alone they should bring it back as this nerd is just detrimental to the community spirit.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Commander
# 1157
09-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Before you used to always know when tour the universe was on as there were ships speeding through the sectors on carefully chosen paths for a full hour. It gave a good feeling of community especially with people hanging around wolf359 to give DI and RP to people.

Now, almost no-one is flying around, certainly no mass exodus of starships. For that reason alone they should bring it back as this nerd is just detrimental to the community spirit.

yeah, kind of sad cryptic did that to their loyal base.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1158
09-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Perhaps I wish to spend the ENTIRE hour doing tour, and I did it in the legitimate fashion of the completing the full course each time.

Why did cryptic think it necessary to penalize such players for a few others that cheated by running a subset of the whole race. Couldn't cryptic instead have figured out a way to block cheaters AND allow legitimate players to do the race as many times as possible within the hour the tour is hosted?

I only ask this with the honest intent of returning the tour to the event that it once was, which for now is just a fantasy. Why won't you consider that there are other possibilities to how this could have been fixed that would not have resulted in so much anger and animosity towards the developers.
I can only think that it's some kind of stupid Eastern market thing, telling us when we want to play.

I wonder if it actually is profitable over there or if everyone just plays less like over here and they end up with a lot less money and are too stupid to realize it?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Republic Veteran
# 1159
09-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Bring it back in its full glory, but change the reward to something else, something unique. Bring back Marks of Exploration, and they can be used to buy special transwarp beacons, driver coil boost consumables or cosmetic ship items.
# 1160
09-21-2013, 10:56 AM
What I would've done was give the full payout only upon completing a full circuit, rather than paying upon completing a government's territory with a bonus at the end. If you had sectors left over when time ran out, you would get a partial payout.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Closed Thread