Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 21
09-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Regarding singeing your wings with the unstable plasma, my solution has always been to fire it from Full Impulse. Get some distance, then zoom in and fire at the last possible second. By the time you slow to normal speed, you'll be out of the 2.5km blast radius. Just be sure to keep going so you don't get caught in the death pyre... heh...
I typically park, as in stop moving and act as a turret. so I have a continuous stream of torps
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 57
# 22
09-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Hargh'peng can only benefit from 1 doff proc which reduces the cooldown to 10 seconds.
Bio-Neural is inferior to Tricobalt if you are using Doffs or Boffs.
Omega glitches out your Doffs so I'd swap that out for a Hargh'peng. Between that and your Romulan You should have all your torpedos at the lowest cooldown possible.


I'd honestly consider running 2x Rapid fire and 3x Cluster and use transphasic compressors with torpedo spreads. Should give you a nice boost.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 23
09-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidevant View Post
Hargh'peng can only benefit from 1 doff proc which reduces the cooldown to 10 seconds.
Bio-Neural is inferior to Tricobalt if you are using Doffs or Boffs.
Omega glitches out your Doffs so I'd swap that out for a Hargh'peng. Between that and your Romulan You should have all your torpedos at the lowest cooldown possible.


I'd honestly consider running 2x Rapid fire and 3x Cluster and use transphasic compressors with torpedo spreads. Should give you a nice boost.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...pscimitar_4234

this was my old build. My current set up dwarfs this one. I also don't have the skills or power to spare for energy weapons. Honestly the drones with thier beam overload are enough to drop even a tact cubes shield facing. once it's down It's nasty the damage I can dish out. I'll try going with a standard tric
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 24
09-20-2013, 01:40 AM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=yup_4234

I just tried out using tricobalts and omg yeah. This is an awesome build
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
# 25
09-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=yup_4234

I just tried out using tricobalts and omg yeah. This is an awesome build
So with this build how often do you fire the Breen Cluster and the Tricobalts? What do you use to strip away shields for the coup de gras of the Tricobalt death missiles?

Can you name the DOFFs?

Oh and I am going to totally try this out.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 26
09-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritech05 View Post
So with this build how often do you fire the Breen Cluster and the Tricobalts? What do you use to strip away shields for the coup de gras of the Tricobalt death missiles?

Can you name the DOFFs?

Oh and I am going to totally try this out.
The tricobalts fire about 1 in 10 seconds and the breens fire about 1 in 20 seconds averaged because it's a 60% proc. without the proc.

with no doffs it'd be 1 in 15 sec on the tricobalt and 1 in 25 seconds on the breens.

I'm trying to record my play with it to show it off, but i'm new to that and having a time with it.

I'll edit with doff names, but they aren't special. I just bought 3 purple torp doffs

the romulan torps are almost a continuous stream with good procs. just keep THY on cooldown

So for torp Doffs I have Fade Beroos, Jannetta Nettie Saxena and Masni. With Jholam P'bizaph tractor beam and Mike Jerrod Abram for gravity well

Last edited by wardcalis; 09-20-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 27
09-21-2013, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-CVu4RiKM

Be kind. it's the first time i've every recorded my play
and the 1st time i've ever put anything on youtube
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
# 28
09-21-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-CVu4RiKM

Be kind. it's the first time i've every recorded my play
and the 1st time i've ever put anything on youtube
Very cool video. From it I see that you have listed the plasma torpedo incorrectly on your build. You actually have the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo. No wonder it fires so fast!

I have tried your build and like it. My is the cheaper version. I will post it up later. Thanks for all your work on this! I have considered getting a Tricobalt booster as that is what really ends up finishing things off. What do you think?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 311
# 29
09-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritech05 View Post
Very cool video. From it I see that you have listed the plasma torpedo incorrectly on your build. You actually have the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo. No wonder it fires so fast!

I have tried your build and like it. My is the cheaper version. I will post it up later. Thanks for all your work on this! I have considered getting a Tricobalt booster as that is what really ends up finishing things off. What do you think?
oh crap that was an oops. your right. fixed

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=yup_4234

i moved the omega to my fighter
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 177
# 30
09-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I prefer the Bio warhead. Longer cd and higher damage yes, but it also has an antiproton cannon which will increase it's overall damage potential. Plus it is easier to destroy a Tri than a Bio.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 PM.