Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
# 31
09-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Well, I was gonna find out how those GW changes worked out. But I guess not now.

YOU with the multiple sets of ship 3 packs, character upgrades and store Boffs/Doffs, and that lousy collectors edition box sitting about. We want none of your shiftless layabout behaviors here. And that fellow over there with the collectors box, romulan legacy shenanigans, and those preposterous loxbox ships you not our sort either. Shoo with the lot of you, begone now!

Last edited by hroothvitnir; 09-20-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Gentlments establishment only.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,630
# 32
09-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Keep in mind them only allowing gold subscribers to log into tribble is temporary.

My guess is the reason being is they are adding new season 8 stuff and they don't want players to reveal any info whatsoever about it and will force them to agree to a non-disclosure agreement, which means they promise not to talk about ANYTHING they saw on the test server.

They may do like past seasons where at a later date they will have a closed beta available to all types of player accounts (gold/silver/LTS) but, based on certain criteria, will only allow certain players to test things. At that time players would probably be able to talk about the new stuff and later, before the new stuff goes live, tribble will go into open beta and ALL players will have a chance to test the new stuff and help the devs work out the final kinks. (not like it does much good. still bugs leftover from LoR, season 7, and earlier )
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,056
# 33
09-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Apparently just logging in caused 200 Voth ships to explode in the Delta Quadrant; I got the accolade associated with destroying 200 Voth vessels.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
# 34
09-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Any hints of what we can look forward to testing in the coming weeks?
known as @graham6410 in game

General Vukna of the A.K.S Bortas, preparing to conquer the Delta Quadrant
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 35
09-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
UPDATE (9/20 @3:21PM): Tribble is back up!

Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Season 8 content. We do have a testing plan for the content in Season 8 and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
Would I still be able to patch tribble if I'm not a gold/silver? I know I wont be able to log in to the game, but I can log into the launcher then patch tribble then when the game (in tribble) launches I'll be taken to the log in screen and refused a log in. Is this correct?

I just like to keep tribble updated.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 36
# 36
09-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Keep in mind them only allowing gold subscribers to log into tribble is temporary.

My guess is the reason being is they are adding new season 8 stuff and they don't want players to reveal any info whatsoever about it and will force them to agree to a non-disclosure agreement, which means they promise not to talk about ANYTHING they saw on the test server.

They may do like past seasons where at a later date they will have a closed beta available to all types of player accounts (gold/silver/LTS) but, based on certain criteria, will only allow certain players to test things. At that time players would probably be able to talk about the new stuff and later, before the new stuff goes live, tribble will go into open beta and ALL players will have a chance to test the new stuff and help the devs work out the final kinks. (not like it does much good. still bugs leftover from LoR, season 7, and earlier )

This could very well be but unless they are going to revoke Tribble test privileges or ban gold/LTS accounts for spilling the beans there going to find out the hard way that gold's and LTSers can spill the beans just as quick as any silver.

I'm a silver currently and I have all way's treated what I test on Tribble as if I'm under a gag order because I don't want my Tribble test privilege's taken away.

I really do enjoy bug hunting and guerrilla stomping things to see if they will break and well it's really sad that some don't seem to share this feeling since the Dev's are making this change.

Just waiting for some kind of confirmation from the Dev's on the subject :/

One bad apple I guess....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,056
# 37
09-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Something not related to the patch notes; is there a reason why I can't load character/costumes during character creation on both Tribble and Holodeck? It's blasted annoying starting from scratch each and every time.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 38
09-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
UPDATE (9/20 @3:21PM): Tribble is back up!

Hello Captains,

We will be temporarily bringing Tribble down later today as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build before the end of the day.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Season 8 content. We do have a testing plan for the content in Season 8 and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
Ok, let me get this strait... You are going to take the players who are Silver, or lapsted the gold membership, and ban them from testing content. Sorry but is that really the right decision. Seeing as it kinda screams that you want my money and you want it now. What is worse is you are now counting on the fact that people will pay you to test the game. Are you for real? Is this Real LIFE? C'mon, nobody that pays to PLAY you game, will now PAY you to TEST your game. Figure that one out. :/ I purchased the Legacy Pack after I tested as a Silver Player during the LOR Closed Beta. Dafq Cryptic?

Whats worse is this means that content will be tested on Tribble, by 1/3rd of the current testers... at best... and not go to Red Shirts (as Redshirt is Live but worthless), then go bug filled and probably not working onto live. Then I can not play the game, as I do not have a 10,000 dollar gaming rig... You really messed up on this one.

Either let the players that Test things play on your test server, or go back to a Pay to Play model. Do not expect people to pay to test.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 953
# 39
09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Ok, let me get this strait... You are going to take the players who are Silver, or lapsted the gold membership, and ban them from testing content. Sorry but is that really the right decision. Seeing as it kinda screams that you want my money and you want it now. What is worse is you are now counting on the fact that people will pay you to test the game. Are you for real? Is this Real LIFE? C'mon, nobody that pays to PLAY you game, will now PAY you to TEST your game. Figure that one out. :/ I purchased the Legacy Pack after I tested as a Silver Player during the LOR Closed Beta. Dafq Cryptic?

Whats worse is this means that content will be tested on Tribble, by 1/3rd of the current testers... at best... and not go to Red Shirts (as Redshirt is Live but worthless), then go bug filled and probably not working onto live. Then I can not play the game, as I do not have a 10,000 dollar gaming rig... You really messed up on this one.

Either let the players that Test things play on your test server, or go back to a Pay to Play model. Do not expect people to pay to test.
Please read this part very carefully:
Quote:
Additionally, when Tribble is brought back up, only Gold Members will be able to log into the server for the time being.
You do realize what that means, yes? it means for the time being, only subscribers can access the server. This situation is only temporary. Please keep that in mind. You will get your chance to test, but not at this time.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 40
09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Please read this part very carefully:
You do realize what that means, yes? it means for the time being, only subscribers can access the server. This situation is only temporary. Please keep that in mind. You will get your chance to test, but not at this time.
Please read what I type first, this is cutting out huge portions of the community, thus loosing manpower. You should not critique somebody and rush to fanboy Cryptic when they make a bad dicision.

This whole situation was done for 2 reasons.

1, the Tactical Warbird was a huge flop, way undergeard, we even tested it and it was mediocre at best. So they ignored us and they did terrible with sales.

2, they want to encourage players to pay, which paying to test a game makes no sense for me, if you are that far behind on your expectations... then just go back to a pay to play model.

Now, as for your whole temporary thing, dude.... learn to predict Cryptic, they fail us so often you can count on it. The Redshirt testing thing is a joke... Things get tested on Tribble, then put on Live... then 3 weeks after that... put on Redshirt... long after Live has been using it. Dafq?

Back when Testing on Tribble ment nothing, I was ok, because I got to see what was coming. Now we don't even get to do that... This is how MACO glitch happened, this is how Scimitar Insta-Fire happened, this is how the Subspace Rupture happened...

Most players are Silver, so cutting out the largest chunk of your playerbase... is at best crippling your ability to test. Fail!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.