Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 85
I took this seriously until I started examining some of the ship builds. LOL this is an effing joke. I could kill most of these ships without using any boff powers. Some ships claim to be "shield strippers" while running all torpedoes, lol.

I stopped reading this thread at the first "APD"...

Last edited by dpsloss88; 09-17-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,665
# 922
09-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
I took this seriously until I started examining some of the ship builds. LOL this is an effing joke. I could kill most of these ships without using any boff powers. Some ships claim to be "shield strippers" while running all torpedoes, lol.

I stopped reading this thread at the first "APD"...
ooh alright, i'll bite. i cant just let this go unanswered, those trying to learn might doubt that this is a good place to get information if i dont point out how stupid you are.

most of these builds are outdated sure, but a lot of things changed since romulas, and a lot of things change each lockbox. i'll warm over things here eventually people. you could beat these builds without boff powers? i bet you couldn't beat most npcs with boff powers. im sure i must have stomped you at some point to drive you to make this post, dont make it a negative experience, learn from every death, i do.

shield stripes are doffed TB, tach beam, and CPB. tetryon glider is an extra drain applied per shot from the omega set 2 part, and is not so much a strip but a very slow gradual drain. torpedoes are an obvious counterpart to skills that remove shields without weapons fire, its just to bad that they are totally ineffective since the skill tree change, i believe theres some builds here, not by me, that predate even that update. im sure most people reading this thread arent even aware that the current skill tree is not the original come to think of it.

you laugh at APD? you are simply an idiot, thats all that needs to be said.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 923
09-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
I took this seriously until I started examining some of the ship builds. LOL this is an effing joke. I could kill most of these ships without using any boff powers. Some ships claim to be "shield strippers" while running all torpedoes, lol.

I stopped reading this thread at the first "APD"...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1fdbc4638...io2_r1_500.gif

This thread is great it helps people learn how to make a good skill plan.
In the words on my KDF fleet admiral TacPaddy and the writer of Guest Blog: STO Public Service "Star Trek is all about cooperation"


Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ooh alright, i'll bite. i cant just let this go unanswered, those trying to learn might doubt that this is a good place to get information if i dont point out how stupid you are.

most of these builds are outdated sure, but a lot of things changed since romulas, and a lot of things change each lockbox. i'll warm over things here eventually people. you could beat these builds without boff powers? i bet you couldn't beat most npcs with boff powers. im sure i must have stomped you at some point to drive you to make this post, dont make it a negative experience, learn from every death, i do.

shield stripes are doffed TB, tach beam, and CPB. tetryon glider is an extra drain applied per shot from the omega set 2 part, and is not so much a strip but a very slow gradual drain. torpedoes are an obvious counterpart to skills that remove shields without weapons fire, its just to bad that they are totally ineffective since the skill tree change, i believe theres some builds here, not by me, that predate even that update. im sure most people reading this thread arent even aware that the current skill tree is not the original come to think of it.

you laugh at APD? you are simply an idiot, thats all that needs to be said.
http://img.pandawhale.com/41397-Pica...e-gif-vX3R.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...4/yes_data.gif
Jean-Luc Picard to Cryptic.

" Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? "

Last edited by unheard1978; 09-19-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,341
# 924
09-18-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
I took this seriously until I started examining some of the ship builds. LOL this is an effing joke. I could kill most of these ships without using any boff powers. Some ships claim to be "shield strippers" while running all torpedoes, lol.

I stopped reading this thread at the first "APD"...
You do know you're the joke around here, right? You don't know what the term 'shield strippers' refers to.....you don't understand the purpose of APD....here's a hint. Running APD or APB with APO lets you use just 2 AP doffs - and APB is cleared by TT, so APD! Plus it's a team-castable resist.....

Besides, look at the date some of the builds are posted.....

If anyone is to be laughed at here, it's you for coming in and making fun of builds which are either outmoded anyway, or which you clearly do not understand the purpose of, showing your own limited knowledge in the process.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"

Last edited by scurry5; 09-18-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 111
# 925 Lolz @ Trollz
09-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

...

you laugh at APD? you are simply an idiot, thats all that needs to be said.
LOL! Couldn't have said it better. And scurry and unheard...props to you as well.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 85
# 926 Apparent stupidity.
09-18-2013, 06:11 PM
APD means no APO. Unless my assumption is totally wrong about attack pattern shared cooldowns.

I would love someone to actually convince me that anyone here knows what they are talking about. Reading dozens of posts the only one that seemed to know what he was doing was the person talking about tactics for Scimitars constantly cycling cloak. If you can win a pvp match with all torps then you really are impressive.

One thing I have learned in 30 years of gaming is that geek arrogance is rarely based in fact, and most people who think they are intelligent simply are not.

Last edited by dpsloss88; 09-18-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,665
# 927
09-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
APD means no APO. Unless my assumption is totally wrong about attack pattern shared cooldowns.
its totally wrong APD fits perfectly between 2 copies of APO, or with 1 copy of APO and 2 AP doffs. infact, if you did not run 1 APO and 1 APD with the AP doffs, you would need a 3rd to get APO to its global.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
I would love someone to actually convince me that anyone here knows what they are talking about. Reading dozens of posts the only one that seemed to know what he was doing was the person talking about tactics for Scimitars constantly cycling cloak. If you can win a pvp match with all torps then you really are impressive.

One thing I have learned in 30 years of gaming is that geek arrogance is rarely based in fact, and most people who think they are intelligent simply are not.
the scimitar tactic post was mine. everything ive posted here are things ive used successfully or variants of it. ship building becomes incredibly intuitive after enough experience, when every single station power is a known factor, and you know how everything will mesh together. i've pvped for 3 and a half years, and i wouldn't make a thread like this if i didn't have this all down to a science, it would be a disservice, not a service.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,341
# 928
09-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
APD means no APO. Unless my assumption is totally wrong about attack pattern shared cooldowns.

I would love someone to actually convince me that anyone here knows what they are talking about. Reading dozens of posts the only one that seemed to know what he was doing was the person talking about tactics for Scimitars constantly cycling cloak. If you can win a pvp match with all torps then you really are impressive.

One thing I have learned in 30 years of gaming is that geek arrogance is rarely based in fact, and most people who think they are intelligent simply are not.
Drunk has already addressed APD/APO.

At the time that the post was made, it was actually possible for science to stack flow capacitors and drain abilities to remove shields, allowing pure torp builds to work.

Now, however, with the amount of passive shield regen available, and power insulation buffs, it isn't possible now. Torp boats right now are almost exclusively transphasic, with cluster for a big punch.

You also do realize that from other peoples' perspectives, you are the one with the geek arrogance/thinking he is intelligent despite the opposite being true, right? Honestly, imagine someone looking at your initial post - condescending language, apparently low post count, and not being aware of common knowledge concerning shared cooldowns? What kind of reaction would you expect?

Many of the builds were designed around a meta that simply no longer exists. That's all. For example, my Wells build way back when is no longer effective due to leadership stacking boosting subsystem repair and knocking out VM.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 929
09-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Can any one tell me the best Elite Fleet Warp Core's for aux2bat builds please Singularity and MatterAntimatter Warp Cores thx


just found this info on Matter Antimatter Warp cores


Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Most people put max into weapons and an A2B should be able to maintain 125 at all times. So they would want W->A.
any idea about the Singularity warp cores and the mods for the Matter Antimatter Warp Cores ?
Jean-Luc Picard to Cryptic.

" Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? "

Last edited by unheard1978; 09-22-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,665
# 930
09-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unheard1978 View Post
Can any one tell me the best Elite Fleet Warp Core's for aux2bat builds please Singularity and MatterAntimatter Warp Cores thx


just found this info on Matter Antimatter Warp cores




any idea about the Singularity warp cores and the mods for the Matter Antimatter Warp Cores ?
dont got access to elite cores yet. once i do i'll put in the time deciding which to recommend.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM.