Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 952
# 41
09-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Please read what I type first, this is cutting out huge portions of the community, thus loosing manpower. You should not critique somebody and rush to fanboy Cryptic when they make a bad dicision.

This whole situation was done for 2 reasons.

1, the Tactical Warbird was a huge flop, way undergeard, we even tested it and it was mediocre at best. So they ignored us and they did terrible with sales.
Okay, still doesn't mean that the server was closed because of this "issue."


2, they want to encourage players to pay, which paying to test a game makes no sense for me, if you are that far behind on your expectations... then just go back to a pay to play model.
Again, same response as question 1.


Now, as for your whole temporary thing, dude.... learn to predict Cryptic, they fail us so often you can count on it. The Redshirt testing thing is a joke... Things get tested on Tribble, then put on Live... then 3 weeks after that... put on Redshirt... long after Live has been using it. Dafq?
Regarding the bolded part, I'm not worried about this, since I don't think it really matters (by the way, this is my opinion, so if you think I'm wrong, that's your prerogative).

Back when Testing on Tribble ment nothing, I was ok, because I got to see what was coming. Now we don't even get to do that... This is how MACO glitch happened, this is how Scimitar Insta-Fire happened, this is how the Subspace Rupture happened...
You don't get to do this now. That doesn't mean you're going to forever be prevented from testing on Tribble...which is the whole point of the issue. You will get that chance closer to when Season 8 is ready for testing. How difficult is it to even understand that?

Most players are Silver, so cutting out the largest chunk of your playerbase... is at best crippling your ability to test. Fail!!!!!!!!!
Stay mad then, if that's your state of mind. You should still know that it is temporary. You will get to test closer to when Season 8 is ready for testing. I think allowing only subscribers to access the server is a good thing, since it cuts out all the whining that people seem to love to do anyway.

Note: Yellow text is my answer to your statements/questions.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 42
09-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Stay mad then, if that's your state of mind. You should still know that it is temporary. You will get to test closer to when Season 8 is ready for testing. I think allowing only subscribers to access the server is a good thing, since it cuts out all the whining that people seem to love to do anyway.

Note: Yellow text is my answer to your statements/questions.
You seem to lack reading comprehension. So let me explain it simpler.

Do you test? If so do you test often? If often do you test 2,000 hours or more a week?

Well since the latter is impossible I am going to assume no. This means that you can not make up for even the smallest percent of what manpower was just lost. This does not encourange anybody to pay them money. It just says that Cryptic lost the ability to understand math.

For every one pay to play person, there is probably 200 or so Silver at the moment. This means we all loose. And no, we do not get to test Redshirt. Redshirt never tests anything. So all the glitches make it to live now. Stop fanboy defending. It makes you look stupid.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
# 43 Pay to Test
09-21-2013, 03:33 PM
WOW is "Pay to Play", SWTOR "Pay to Win", **** is "Free to Play" but only STO is "Pay to Test". I'm still laughting so hard it hurts!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,038
# 44
09-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsk1882 View Post
WOW is "Pay to Play", SWTOR "Pay to Win", **** is "Free to Play" but only STO is "Pay to Test". I'm still laughting so hard it hurts!
Heh, there are many games that people have been paying to test instead of paying to play over the years.
Rear Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
# 45
09-22-2013, 08:12 AM
I think making people pay for something they have always got for free in the past is a crappy thing to do to people. I don't understand why anyone would think this makes good business sense. I don't like it, I'm not a fan of this move.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,078
# 46
09-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Heh, there are many games that people have been paying to test instead of paying to play over the years.
Star Citizen is currently "Pay to Test"
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,078
# 47
09-22-2013, 03:55 PM
My opinion is below... Highlight if you want to read it...

By the way, the only reason the Tribble is locked for only GOLD members for a limited time is that you could say that there is some content in there that is currently in "Close Beta Test" meaning that only Gold Member got invited, then us the Silver players will get to the "Open Beta Test" don't know why people are getting mad over the aspect that they didn't get invited to test the stuff, only because they are not Gold Members.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaw, so sad.... pffft... Gotta read carefully to understand what's going on people... Don't expect that just cause it's just YOU, and only YOU, you need to get invited... Cryptic closed the Tribble for Gold Members for a reason... so what...what can you do? nothing... just wait till it is your turn to get the invite... And as for the mentioned stuff that STO is pay to test, that dose not make any sense at all... I never knew that STO was in a Close Beta Stage and that I needed to pay to test it out before it came... geeez think of what you say before you say it...


Anywho... Ya'll have fun!! :p
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476
# 48
09-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Apparently just logging in caused 200 Voth ships to explode in the Delta Quadrant; I got the accolade associated with destroying 200 Voth vessels.
That happened to me too I started laughing cause I never seen the Voth before. How cna I kill them and get the accolade.

Speaking of accolades before they give new ones they should fix the ones that are broken, still cant get the accolade for killing klingons, orion pirates and nausicans.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 49
09-22-2013, 08:54 PM
My guess is that they're doing this to limit the flood of people into the Tribble. Remember what happened during LoR when every man and his dog swarmed the place, bringing the server instantly to its knees?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 50
09-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
By the way, the only reason the Tribble is locked for only GOLD members for a limited time is that you could say that there is some content in there that is currently in "Close Beta Test" meaning that only Gold Member got invited, then us the Silver players will get to the "Open Beta Test" don't know why people are getting mad over the aspect that they didn't get invited to test the stuff, only because they are not Gold Members.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaw, so sad.... pffft... Gotta read carefully to understand what's going on people... Don't expect that just cause it's just YOU, and only YOU, you need to get invited... Cryptic closed the Tribble for Gold Members for a reason... so what...what can you do? nothing... just wait till it is your turn to get the invite... And as for the mentioned stuff that STO is pay to test, that dose not make any sense at all... I never knew that STO was in a Close Beta Stage and that I needed to pay to test it out before it came... geeez think of what you say before you say it...


Anywho... Ya'll have fun!! :p
So your opinion is that requiring Gold (Payed Membership) is not pay to test? Confused on that point. And is there any possible way this is not some attempt to require us to pay them money to see the content early? If so, I do not see it. Also do not use the whole Tribble can not handle the strain arguement. It is invalid at best.

Fanboys will rush to Fanboy defend...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 PM.