Rihannsu
# 11
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
My adjustment is simple.

Make Need Bind it to the Character, and make it worth 0 EC.

Greed means you can sell it on the exchange or to a Vendor. Need means I intend to equip it right now.

Oh and this change would see people whinging for weeks about everybody still hitting need on everything and the people who don't read patch notes complaining their loot is bugged. But after awhile I think the guy hitting Need on Tac console will be the guy using that flavour of weapons.
MMM..... that would be a delicious nerdrage session.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 12
09-21-2013, 08:03 AM
Except for the problem where a lot of the stuff is needed for an alt, because items only drop for characters you're not currently using: The surest way to guarantee an item never drops is to play the character that actually needs it.

Plus, it's an additional annoyance. The current system is far more ignorable since you can now just bind the stupid thing into your regular mashing button and completely ignore it. The last thing we need is for people to have to deal with the distraction of figuring out what do with an item in the middle of a battle.
Republic Veteran
# 13
09-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Rolling on loot in space combat is a pain, and most of it is vendor trash anyhow.

I'd like to see them yank the current loot system entirely and do what Turbine has done with Lord of the Rings Online, which has introduced an 100% auto-loot system. They also have an open tapping system, but I'm think open tapping already exists in STO.

How it works is when a mob dies it auto-grants all the members loot right to their bag, and there is also a 50 slot overflow bag that will auto-delete anything left in it for more than an hour of game time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-21-2013, 02:19 PM
One problem with insta-loot is that for example in Cure (ground), one of our team members is very good at soloing Armek. To do this, he uses a lot of static grenades, and usually requests that the team pass on grenades so he can use them. Our team is usually happy to do this, as we steamroller Armek almost every time within a minute or two with this method. Auto-loot, since the grenades are bound on pickup, would mean we can't give them to the team member who can use them most effectively in this scenario.

I would be okay with, once the scenario has completed, auto-loot on any unclaimed items.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Captain
# 15
09-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I personally think only someone who did damage to something should get loot from what was destroyed. If something was destroyed and no one did any damage to it they should not have a chance at any drops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
My adjustment is simple.

Make Need Bind it to the Character, and make it worth 0 EC.

Greed means you can sell it on the exchange or to a Vendor. Need means I intend to equip it right now.

Oh and this change would see people whinging for weeks about everybody still hitting need on everything and the people who don't read patch notes complaining their loot is bugged. But after awhile I think the guy hitting Need on Tac console will be the guy using that flavour of weapons.
I play STFS for Marks and BNPs only. But I have to admit I really like the way Y'All are thinking.
Rihannsu
# 16
09-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sussethrai View Post
One problem with insta-loot is that for example in Cure (ground), one of our team members is very good at soloing Armek. To do this, he uses a lot of static grenades, and usually requests that the team pass on grenades so he can use them. Our team is usually happy to do this, as we steamroller Armek almost every time within a minute or two with this method. Auto-loot, since the grenades are bound on pickup, would mean we can't give them to the team member who can use them most effectively in this scenario.

I would be okay with, once the scenario has completed, auto-loot on any unclaimed items.
this is a great example of how need/greed is supposed to work.

When people use it right it works great.

IF they use it right.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
09-21-2013, 03:09 PM
N/G is broken because nothing is Bind on Pickup. And you're still never going to completely deter ninjas.

I'd much rather if something drops, everyone in the team gets something of the same quality, though the item would be different for each person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 18
09-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Just eliminate it altogether and use either an auto roll or "round robin". If you win you either claim or pass. If you pass it goes to the next person in the list or the person that rolled the next highest. Round Robin is most fair because everyone gets something with no "chance" except the item and quality. Ive rolled need everytime and got not 1 win enough so now i dont even bother unless its a purple drop.

And drops should only go to those who did damage to the target, if you are killing things off to the side by yourself you are the only one getting those drops, if you are AFK you get none. This is even more fair alongside a "round robin" You get drops from what you killed with no help, you share drops with everyone if there is assistance in the kill, you get NO drops if you do not help.

Once a system like that is in place do not show the drops to the whole group, only the 1 person being offered the drop can see it. This avoids arguments and jealousy when you dont know what everyone else recieved and they do not kow what you recieved.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Career Officer
# 19
09-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Or do what Cryptic did when they made City of Heroes...

Everyone is on their own loot table reward... everyone has a chance to get a drop from an enemy... its put right into your inventory... simple.. no fuss.. no drama...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 20
09-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
And drops should only go to those who did damage to the target
This proposal severely penalizes healers and other support roles that do not damage many targets, while rewarding "sprayers" who essentially tag every target with random stray shots without actually being effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sussethrai View Post
One problem with insta-loot is that for example in Cure (ground), one of our team members is very good at soloing Armek. To do this, he uses a lot of static grenades, and usually requests that the team pass on grenades so he can use them. Our team is usually happy to do this, as we steamroller Armek almost every time within a minute or two with this method.
It sounds to me like you guys are a private group. A private group is able to actually set the loot policy in the team window, although due to various bugs in the system, it can refuse to stick. Our group runs FFA Oldschool Ninja Looting when we can, specifically to avoid any and all hassles associated with annoying popups.