Captain
# 11
09-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldritchx View Post
You are dying to warp core breaches that you are not used to avoiding in such a large ship. That's all. Your inertia tends to carry you into range as well, which makes the problem worse. Learn to avoid them, and pre-empt with Brace For Impact when it's unavoidable.

Also, the advice about the Valdore's console is solid. No warbird should be without it, really. 1k Zen.
Tribble notes say they're reducing the blast area from 5km to 3km if I read it properly, because yeah, the scimitar is so big, it's close to everything lol. Too bad I cant get on tribble to test it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
09-22-2013, 02:52 AM
I use the full set and have no problems atall, I alsdo use regen shields, which stops alot of the squishyness, if you cah get them get a sif gen and the borg console, there more than adequate to keep it alive, I run 0 armour consoles on it and focus on shield and hull regen with 2 fleet stealth/particle consoles plus the above, this is precisly against what nearly everyone on this forum will tell you, and I have 0 problems with any of my scimitars, infact the majority of my fleet that use scimitars or there varients also use a similar build, I will Add that i use the Falchion as it has more engi console slots available for stuff, will work up a build on sto accadamy to show you, I also use a aux to bat build which along with my tac team and hazard emiters keeps me alive, I die a few times each day but who dosnt.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Survivor of Romulus
# 13
09-22-2013, 03:09 AM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=falchion1_0

this is my build, will work regardless to the hull chosen, I forgott to mention i have the Valdore console aswell, this helps immensly with the squishyness, once I can I am swapping my sheilds etc for the assimilated set.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Commander
# 14
09-22-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johankreig View Post
I use the full set and have no problems atall, I alsdo use regen shields, which stops alot of the squishyness, if you cah get them get a sif gen and the borg console, there more than adequate to keep it alive, I run 0 armour consoles on it and focus on shield and hull regen with 2 fleet stealth/particle consoles plus the above, this is precisly against what nearly everyone on this forum will tell you, and I have 0 problems with any of my scimitars, infact the majority of my fleet that use scimitars or there varients also use a similar build, I will Add that i use the Falchion as it has more engi console slots available for stuff, will work up a build on sto accadamy to show you, I also use a aux to bat build which along with my tac team and hazard emiters keeps me alive, I die a few times each day but who dosnt.
i don't except to one shots in hive, and then only if it's bugged. and from the posts i've seen in this thread giving advice, most don't die either. death = no dps, nada, zilch, zero. that's why survival is as important as damage output especially with spawn time increasing after each death. you would have popped in a half sec in that setup vs bugged out hive. so yeah, there's a reason your setup goes against everyones, it's senseless, if you ever got ag you'd pop like a balloon fast then sit in spawn limbo.

edit:
just looked at your build, you never get ag do you? so no worries in that dept, you're never tanking.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.

Last edited by deadspacex64; 09-22-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 15
09-22-2013, 04:03 AM
For survivability, was there any resolution with the issue of not having a shuttle making a difference? I dismissed my shuttle ships when i bought the Scimitar pack and it did seem to make a big difference at the time. If you are noticing it is too weak compared to cruisers of similar stats, this is all i can think that could be causing it. There was a huge thread about it on release of the Scimitar pack, how the shuttle had an effect, but not sure if it got resolved as i had a break for a while.

I run an aux 2 batt build on my scimitar, with the borg 2 piece and MACO res shields. I use Borg shields in pvp. All i have for defense purposes is:

EPTS 1, TSS 2, TT1 x 2, RSP 2 and HE 1. I can tank anything with this. I use the Lt Cmdr uni slot for an engineer boff not a tac, this enables the aux 2 batt build and a few extra survivability boff skills.

The Scimitar is best used though with at least a 2 piece console set from the pack. Otherwise its pretty much just a large dead weight with a lot of forward weapons that you cant bring to bear.

You need the 2 set for the 2 following reasons:

1) Cloaking with shields - because this ship is at its best when cloaking repeatedly and cloaking is too dangerous to use in the middle of combat without this.

2) The 2 set bonus provides the cloaked turn rate and speed buff for the entire time your ambush lasts after decloaking. If you have the right boffs this is 23 seconds. Which is enough time to then recloak.

The added speed and turn rate enables better use of forward weapons. Without this tactic, the ship is too unwieldy in my opinion.
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Federation Deepspace Operations Fleet
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-22-2013, 05:58 AM
A2B beamboat with polaron loadout.

Ezemode annihilation with great survival - gets boring quickly though.
Captain
# 17
09-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
For survivability, was there any resolution with the issue of not having a shuttle making a difference? I dismissed my shuttle ships when i bought the Scimitar pack and it did seem to make a big difference at the time. If you are noticing it is too weak compared to cruisers of similar stats, this is all i can think that could be causing it. There was a huge thread about it on release of the Scimitar pack, how the shuttle had an effect, but not sure if it got resolved as i had a break for a while.

I run an aux 2 batt build on my scimitar, with the borg 2 piece and MACO res shields. I use Borg shields in pvp. All i have for defense purposes is:

EPTS 1, TSS 2, TT1 x 2, RSP 2 and HE 1. I can tank anything with this. I use the Lt Cmdr uni slot for an engineer boff not a tac, this enables the aux 2 batt build and a few extra survivability boff skills.

The Scimitar is best used though with at least a 2 piece console set from the pack. Otherwise its pretty much just a large dead weight with a lot of forward weapons that you cant bring to bear.

You need the 2 set for the 2 following reasons:

1) Cloaking with shields - because this ship is at its best when cloaking repeatedly and cloaking is too dangerous to use in the middle of combat without this.

2) The 2 set bonus provides the cloaked turn rate and speed buff for the entire time your ambush lasts after decloaking. If you have the right boffs this is 23 seconds. Which is enough time to then recloak.

The added speed and turn rate enables better use of forward weapons. Without this tactic, the ship is too unwieldy in my opinion.
Not too far from te truth

Except the 2 set bonuses has nothing to do with ambush

The 2 set bonus enables a 2 boost to turn rate all the time regardless of ambush
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
09-22-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
i don't except to one shots in hive, and then only if it's bugged. and from the posts i've seen in this thread giving advice, most don't die either. death = no dps, nada, zilch, zero. that's why survival is as important as damage output especially with spawn time increasing after each death. you would have popped in a half sec in that setup vs bugged out hive. so yeah, there's a reason your setup goes against everyones, it's senseless, if you ever got ag you'd pop like a balloon fast then sit in spawn limbo.

edit:
just looked at your build, you never get ag do you? so no worries in that dept, you're never tanking.
I only get agro when I am doing more DPS than the rest of the people in the STF, Dont run hive...ever, too buggy and had some bad experiences of it, and yes I sometimes do pop like a baloon if get too much agro, but thats usualy not untill everything else is pretty much dead, and only ever seems to be in conduit when the Tac Cube decides I am being a nuicanse and tries to swat me when I aint paying attention. As long as I keep everything running (this is a new build for me, recomended by my fleet admiral) I can keep the ship alive through 98% of everything that gets thrown at me, and it can still tank to a degree, tho its not set up for it. I will never say that any specific advice is wrong, i just dislike it when people discount mine just because it goes against the norm, this dosnt meen its not just as equally valid.

Survivor of Romulus
# 19
09-22-2013, 08:00 AM
I will add you will find alot of my posts go against the norm, I am not one for following the "said way of doing things" I prefer to find a tactic,style or build set up that works for me and does everything the others do, this tends to attract alot of childish abuse and negative comments towards me, however I can say I generaly rise above them, unless your being a real nob towards me.

Survivor of Romulus
# 20
09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johankreig View Post

Using the full (or any actually) console set on a Scimitar is a perfect set-up for fail. Running regenerative shields on a warbird is even more fail. If you are at all concerned about performance, take off those useless consoles.